Thanks.  Using vsftpd but still need to do some configuration work on it.
Looks like user 'anonymous' is chroot-jailed somewhere.  Its working directory
at login shows as "/"; an ls -l command shows only a directory named pub.  It
can cd to /pub; cd commands to other directories fail.  Soon as I figure out
where the anonymous "root" is, I'll just copy the .iso file over to its pub
directory and see what happens.

   -jc-

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.