> Further, the VSWITCH is already acting as an IEEE 802.3 layer 2 bridge and
> its filtering database will drop unicast frames destined for unknown MAC
> addresses.

One thing I forgot to mention: We have successfully sent packets between two
vswitches connected to a Linux bridge (LINUX1 and LINUX2 communicate in the
example below). But we needed to put the Linux bridge into promiscuous mode on
both of the bridged vswitches.

(LINUX1) - <private vswitch> - (LINUXBR) - <public vswitch> - (LINUX2)