Can anyone help resolve this difference of opinion with colleagues ?

 I have always assumed from what I have read that the QEMU and KVM, offered as
a 'technology preview' in for instance SUSE 11 SP3 or SUSE 12 will only run
zLinux guests and its purpose is to provide an alternative to z/VM (some day).
Colleages say that it will emulate Intel so that you will be able to run
x386_64 Linux guests. Who is correct (maybe both ?).
Also does anyone have any guesses about IBMs Statement of Direction about KVM
that was in the z13 announcement. Will it be z13 only ?.  An IBM product like
z/VM ?. Will it emulate Intel ?
TIAKeith Gooding