On Thursday, 05/07/2015 at 03:10 EDT, "Dazzo, Matt" <mda...@pch.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies. But I have another question, I get the
HCPSED6013A
> msg when I IPL. I used force the first time and then tried warm the
second
> time. I am using loadparm=SYSC as that was used with my old system. The
install
> guide has SYSG used for install, I tried SYSG but the system will not
even come
> up. Any help is appreciated, thanks Matt

When you use IPL xxxx LOADPARM SYSC, then CP will use the integrated
Operating System Messages console.  When CP wants a response from it
(you), the icon will flash.   This support is virtualized, so the flashing
icon is simulated by HCPSED6013A.

To respond to the virtual Operating System Messages console, use #CP
VINPUT VMSG xxxxxxxxxx, where # is the linend character on your *first
level* ID.

If you want CP to use 009, then
1. TERMINAL  SYS3270 ON
2. IPL xxxx LOADPARM SYSG
3. When SAPL comes up, put CONS=SYSG in the IPL parameters

Some people use TERMINAL CONMODE 3270, and then IPL xxxx LOADPARM 009.
That's fine, but just know that once you issue TERMINAL CONMODE 3270, CMS
can no longer write to the terminal.  Disconcerting, perhaps, but it won't
stop you from IPLing CP.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323