On Friday, 05/08/2015 at 02:20 EDT, "Dazzo, Matt" <mda...@pch.com> wrote:
> Well being late is sometimes good for us newbie's, it keeps us
searching. I
> slept on this and got started this morning. I found my own answers, I
think?. A
> section of the system config is below, the disable of the auto_warm_ipl
will
> provide the prompts giving me the hcp6013a msg, correct? By the way this
is a
> first level install. tks Matt
>
> Features ,
> Disable ,
> Set_Privclass ,
> Auto_Warm_IPL ,
> Clear_TDisk   ,

You will never get HCPSED6013A when you're running first level, since that
message actually comes from the 1st level system.   Instead, you will see
the Operating System Messages icon on the HMC light up.  (If the system
actually comes up on the Operating System Messages console.)

You are correct that disabling Auto_Warm_IPL will cause the system to
prompt you, even if it's capable of starting on its own.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323