As Dennis mentioned, do the detach. I do that as well.

On 01/22/2016 04:08 PM, van Sleeuwen, Berry wrote:
I know, just as CMS is no longer available after we IPL a VSE guest. But as
long as the CMS disks are linked in the guest that will prevent LGR. Granted,
we might build a shared CMS for our Linux guests but I don't like a second,
separate CMS.

So the question is what would be the best way to configure the new setup.
Either remove CMS dependency altogether or detach the disks after we don't need
CMS anymore (in the PROFILE EXEC or after Linux IPL has been completed). It
might depend on the requirements in other (provisioning) products.

Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Berry van Sleeuwen

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Rich
Smrcina
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 10:48 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: SSI guest best practice

You can still use CMS to run swapgen. When you IPL Linux, CMS is no longer
there.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for
the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be
secured on the Internet, Atos’ liability cannot be triggered for the message
content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free
network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and
will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. On all
offers and agreements under which Atos Nederland B.V. supplies goods and/or
services of whatever nature, the Terms of Delivery from Atos Nederland B.V.
exclusively apply. The Terms of Delivery shall be promptly submitted to you on
your request.

--

Richard Smrcina
Sr. Systems Engineer

Velocity Software Inc.
Main: (650) 964-8867
Main: (877) 964-8867
r...@velocitysoftware.com <mailto://r...@velocitysoftware.com>
Signature
<http://www.velocitysoftware.com/>
*Follow us:*
facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velocity-Software/356098274460840> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/1798379?trk=tyah> twitter <https://twitter.com/VelocitySoftw> Xing <https://www.xing.com/companies/velocitysoftwaregmbh>