Not sure why I was unreadable but Alan covered me and more

Marcy

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Altmark [alan_altm...@us.ibm.com<mailto:alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 10:56 PM Central Standard Time
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Install not working for SLES11 SP4 thru TRUNKED VSWITCH

On Thursday, 04/21/2016 at 02:29 GMT, Dave Myers
<dave.my...@siriuscom.com> wrote:
> VLAN def in system config is:
> define vswitch vsw1 rdev 400.p1  vlan 229

Gaaack!  Please use

        DEFINE VSWITCH VSW1  RDEV 400.P1  VLAN AWARE  NATIVE NONE

Have your switch admin verify that
o The port 400.P1 is plugged into is configured as a trunk
o The port is configured for IEEE 802.1q (aka "DOT1Q"), not ISL or other
vendor-proprietary trunking protocol
o The port has been added to VLAN 229

Check QUERY VSWITCH VSW1 DETAILS and look at the TX, RX, DISCARD counts.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323