We have started seeing a rash of errors on some of our Linux virtual
servers. The message we see on the virtual machine console is "Unknown
program exception: 0028 [#1] SMP". It appears to only affect servers that
were recently patched to kernel level "2.6.32-696.23.1.el6.s390x #1 SMP Sat
Feb 10 11:11:31 EST 2018". It does not affect all of our servers that were
recently patched. I suspect that it might be related to patches related to
Spectre. I did a google search and did not get any hits on the message. I
expect our Linux team will contact Red Hat support.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Rick Barlow