Rick,
As we discussed on phone, but for benefit of others. My last append forgot
to point out that the TRACE needs to be done for all the virtual processors
in the virtual machine. Otherwise only, only the base VMDBK is protected.

This can be done by using the "CPU" command:
CPU ALL CMD TRACE PROG 28 NOTERM NOPRINT RUN

I apologize for giving both of us a fright and for those following along.

Regards,
Bill

Bill Bitner - z/VM Customer Focus and Care - 607-429-3286
bitn...@us.ibm.com
"Making systems practical and profitable for customers through
virtualization and its exploitation." - z/VM