The circumvention of using the TRACE PROG 28 did not work for us. We had
some servers that failed and could not re-boot - most likely related to the
trace being active.
We are booting Linux back to the older kernel level that was not
experiencing the problem - 2.6.32-696.18.7.el6.s390x.
Clearly there seems to be something on those late kernel patches that makes
the servers susceptible to this problem.
I am also pushing to get at least one LPAR IPLed with VM65414 installed.

Rick Barlow