Thomas Stewart writes:

> hi
> This many be a stupid idea,
>
> As far as I know consoles on linux are seperate, ie each can run diffrent
> proceses independent of each other?
> Is this the same for ELKS? (using the f keys)
>
> In my elks machine I have a vga card and a herc card, how can I use both.
> (i.e. switch to ether card and start an app, then switch back to the other
> card)?
> Do I need to do a "mknod" to make a special tty? or is it something
> else?
>
> Or is there a better way to use the two cards together? DOS does not do this
> very well (appart from a few utills that switch the screen, and a few apps
> that support it (tcc).)

There is no current support for this in the ELKS code, but it does appeal
to me. Any idea how it can be done at a low level anyone? If there is
source code available for the DOS software, then it could be ported.

> tom
>
> ps somehow I was taken off the mailing list does anyone know how this
> happened? (I have since checked the lists members, found out I was not on
> it, and re-subscribed.)

Strange stuff happens with the list evry now and again. I have had to
resubscribe several times.

Al