: > >3) Is any one working on a GUI for ELKS, If so what is it called
:
: Yes, the microwindows/nanogui project ran on ELKS in its early stages,
: and may still do. I have not tested it for a while. We could really do with
: someone to keep track of its development, and make sure it can still run on
: ELKS. It is currently moving quite fast so it is hard for me to keep up with
: it and get any real work done.

Yes, Microwindows still runs on ELKS.  I have tested the v0.86
release.  There has been alot of work, including major Makefile
changes in the 0.87 prereleases, and I haven't tested ELKS with
that yet.

I have spent considerable effort trying to make sure that the Microwindows
system will run on 16 bit systems, and it should continue to do so,
although currently the application must be bound with the server
since we lack UNIX sockets.  This limits the application size.

Regards,

Greg