> > >1) Does ELKS support Micro-channel
>
> No.
>
> > >2) If no are there any plans to support Micro Channel on ELKS
>
> Not at the moment. If you would like to contribute the code I would be happy
> to incorporate it, and help get it working.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't doing everything through the bios
(referencing /dev/bd* instead of /dev/hd*) alleviate the need for separate
micro channel code?  I understand that there can be a performance loss
doing it that way, and if the bios is messed up, there wouldn't be any way
of using the system.  But are there any other problems, assuming working
bios and decent performance?

I too am interested in getting ELKS running on microchannel machines...and
thus far, I've been able to boot and to get elks to SEE the microchannel
hard drive as /dev/bda, but that is all.

-matt

Shadow Daemon, aka mAtT bAlAuN

I love to eat them smurfies,
Smurfies what I love to eat.