  Re: Microsoft migrates Hotmail to W2K (mr_rupert)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mark S. Bilk)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,alt.destroy.microsoft
Subject: Re: Microsoft, MS-Spammers, Gay Bashing, Right-wing Politics, Usenet
Censorship
Date: 26 Feb 2000 23:35:59 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Why don't you tell them about the URL where you talk about how to use
>"double condoms" or Female condoms during anal intercourse to avoid
>the transmission of aids?

Because it doesn't have very much to do with Linux.
(But it's certainly a good idea.)

>Need a reference?
>http://x31.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=403525553.1&CONTEXT=951376200.236126226&hitnum=1148

Steve/mcswain doesn't know how to use DejaNews; the correct
reference is:

http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=403525553

>This is highly off topic, but it needs to be exposed.

"Steve" is only exposing himself with his bizarre antics.

>Whether you practice a gay lifestyle or not is not the issue here, you
>support, by your own thousands of messages, the lifestyle.

I have probably posted about 1500 articles to Usenet over
the past seven years.  About 30 of these have been devoted
to explaining that there's nothing wrong with homosexuality,
and that in fact, like heterosexuality, it's a *good* thing.

I am deeply ashamed about this.

I should have written a lot more than 30.

>And you
>support "exposing" first grade students to this sickening, deviant
>lifestyle, by your own signature in the original post.

The "exposure" only consists of telling them that there are
men who love men and women who love women, and that those
people, and their children, are as good as everyone else,
and the kids should not insult or attack them.

>IMHO of course, and I am pretty much middle of the road you see, you
>on the other hand ,are a sick perverted individual if you condone
>sticking your d*** up another man's a$$.

"Steve" is not at all "middle of the road".  Only a small
minority of Americans hate homosexuals the way he does.
(Otherwise "Will & Grace" would not be so popular; Tuesday
nights on NBC -- it's wonderful!)

>It's deviant. It's un-natural

So is using a computer.  There's nothing wrong with doing
things that most other people don't do, as long as it doesn't
harm anyone.  Homosexuality is just as good as, and no more
harmful than, heterosexuality.

>and it is a form of sick behavior.

No.  Sick behavior is only that which harms people.

>I did my internship at BeekMan hospital in NYC which is just south of
>Greenwich Village and let me tell you that Friday night and Saturday
>night's were entertainment par-excellance.

"Steve" is claiming to be a physician who enjoys the pain
and misfortune of his patients.  The new Dr. Mengele.

>You would not believe, or maybe you would, what some "folks" try to
>fit up their rectum's in order to achieve sexual fulfillment.
>
>Ever see a man's d*** stuck in a cast iron free weight?
>how about a fluorescent lightbulb that imploded in another "mans"
>rectum? Not a pretty sight.
>Vacuum cleaners? I've seen them all.
>Dil** that seem to get "lost" in there.
>It get's boring after a couple of weeks.
>
>To appreciate this you have to understand the clientele of the
>hospital I worked in..
>
>"The Village" says it all. If you are from NYC you know. If not, ask
>someone who is.

Some gay men employ strange and dangerous sexual practices.
*So do some heterosexual men.*  The great majority of both
do not.

Note that Steve uses quotes around "folks" and "mans".  Does
this mean that he thinks that gays are not really people?

>Sorry Bilk. The lifestyle you condone is a sickening, pile of steaming
>excrement

Steve appears to have an obsession with feces, and with the
anus.

>and is backed up by facts on how many sexual partners a gay
>man has in a typical year. The num ber is in the hundreds.

Again, these are the exceptions.  And note that there are
heterosexuals that do this too -- they're called "swingers".
Most gay men are monogamous, or serially monogamous, like
everyone else.  Lesbians tend to stay mated longer than
heterosexual couples.

In general, men are more promiscuous than women.  It's a
difference between men and women, not between gays and
straights.

>No wonder they are dying of aids..

As I explained in an article that "Steve"/"mcswain" refer-
enced previously, if two people have sex more than a couple
of times, HIV is transmitted via vaginal intercourse as
readily as it is via anal intercourse.

HIV first appeared in the US gay male population among men
who volunteered as test subjects for a hepatitis vaccine.
(It first appeared in Africa in people who received a smallpox
vaccine.)  Since the virus has an incubation period of about
7 years before any symptoms appear, and since there isn't a
great deal of sexual activity between gay men and heteros, the
virus spread widely (and invisibly) in the gay population
before it reached the heterosexual population.  In Africa,
it has infected gays and hets equally.

>Good riddence.....and no loss.

Note this well, folks.  "Steve" would like to have all homo-
sexual people exterminated.  This is the way Right-wing
Fundamentalists are programmed to feel.  It's the attitude
at Bob Jones University, where George W. Bush, the Republican
Party machine candidate for President, recently visited, and
expressed no disagreement with any of their policies.

There are a few tens of millions of Americans who would like
to turn this country, and the world, into something very
much like Islamic Fundamentalist Iran or Afghanistan, or
Nazi Germany, with mass murder of the groups of people that
their doctrines disapprove of -- homosexuals, women who aren't
subservient to men, Jews, Catholics, Blacks, etc.

The Republican Party courts them for their votes, although
the Party's actual purpose is to increase the profits of the
wealthy few who finance it (by lowering the minimum wage,
getting rid of anti-pollution and worker safety laws, making
it impossible to sue corporations ("tort reform"), etc.).

>Soddam and Gomorrah (sp?) fell as did the sick Rome of Caligula (I'll
>bet you loved THAT movie), and so will the US.

These fanatics believe that the very *existence* of homosex-
ual people will somehow destroy our society.  Of course,
homosexuals have always existed, and this has never happened.
But Fundamentalists *have* destroyed societies -- look at
Iran.

>Read your bible bilk and learn something.

The Old Testament was written by a Dominator culture (not to
be confused with present-day Jews); its doctrines are largely
anti-human.

Even if our world *was* created by the vicious, genocidal god
Jehovah (Yahweh) described in the O.T., it would be wrong to
follow his orders and hate and persecute homosexual people.
Just because a being is powerful does not mean that he is the
arbiter of morality.  The only definition of "evil" that makes
sense is "that which harms other people".  Jehovah was/is an
evil god.  Look up Midian(ites) in an on-line bible; they were
a completely harmless people, and Jehovah ordered Moses to
have the Israelites slaughter them all -- tens or hundreds of
thousands of them, simply because their kids were fraternizing
with the Israelite kids, which might shake their religious
indoctrination.  Moses obeyed, and presided over a Holocaust.
He was evil, too.  (Book of Numbers, chapters 25, 26, 31.)

Even in the Army, one is obliged *not* to obey an illegal order.

>It's open season on you Bilk, and we intend to use all your tripe
>against you.

Great -- me and Salman Rushdie.

>BTW, why are there so many canceled posts in your history?

See the end of this article for a complete analysis of all
the cancels that DejaNews found under [EMAIL PROTECTED]  In
5 years, I've cancelled 22 articles that I posted (out of
1500 or so).

>All seem to be Mindspring?

Only the last 6, and 3 of those were experiments in
mindspring.test.

>Looks like we have to investigate this some more.

Be my guest, "Steve".  You're really making a reputation
for yourself here.  You're gonna be famous.

>Sleep tight Bilk and stay away from that Amyl and the vacuum cleaner.
>
>mcswain

???

>I don't like Linux, but I am sickened by this PC garbage. And yes, I
>would still speak my mind if it were a Windows supporter. Does not
>matter.

"PC" -- "politically correct" -- is the label used by Right-
wingers to designate and demean anyone who objects to the
Right's persecution of gays, feminists, blacks, etc.

>To see what sewerage Bilk is up to today I suggest Altavista.

More of Steve's fecal fetish.

>He claims we are getting paid? Take a look at the multipage septic
>shit he posts.

And more.

>How long does that garbage take to generate. I supspect
>Bilk is being paird by the Left Wing, wacko folks.

Left-wing wackos don't have any money.

  Mark

   Messages 1-140 of exactly 140 matches for search ~a [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~s {cancel |
cmsg}:

        Date   Scr        Subject                       Forum             Author

My post, my cancel.

   1. 00/02/17 027 cmsg cancel <88ha4e$vl2$1@nn comp.os.ms-windows.nt Mark S. Bilk
   2. 00/02/13 027 cmsg cancel <8854dk$2bl$1@nn comp.os.linux.advocac Mark S. Bilk
   3. 00/02/10 027 cmsg cancel <87thqg$jpr$1@nn comp.os.linux.advocac Mark S. Bilk
   4. 99/12/04 025 cmsg cancel <8296ok$mbc$1@nn mindspring.test       Mark S. Bilk
   5. 99/12/03 025 cmsg cancel <829790$m11$1@nn mindspring.test       Mark S. Bilk
   6. 99/12/03 025 cmsg cancel <8297r6$161$1@nn mindspring.test       Mark S. Bilk
   7. 99/06/27 025 cmsg cancel <7l4hqp$bfp@dfw- netcom.shell.general  Mark S. Bilk

  10. 99/03/01 025 cancel                       alt.current-events.cl Mark S. Bilk
  11. 99/01/02 026 cancel                       alt.fan.noam-chomsky  Mark S. Bilk
  12. 98/12/23 025 cancel                       alt.conspiracy        Mark S. Bilk
  13. 98/12/18 025 cancel                       alt.tv.forever-knight Mark S. Bilk
  14. 98/12/14 025 cancel                       alt.society.liberalis Mark S. Bilk
  15. 98/11/10 025 cancel                       alt.current-events.cl Mark S. Bilk
  16. 98/11/09 025 cancel                       alt.society.liberalis Mark S. Bilk
  17. 98/05/24 024 cancel                       alt.conspiracy        Mark S. Bilk
  18. 98/05/11 025 cancel                       alt.religion.christia Mark S. Bilk
  19. 97/12/15 023 cancel                       alt.politics.clinton  Mark S. Bilk

  98. 96/01/13 020 cancel                       alt.homosexual        Mark S. Bilk

 101. 96/03/26 020 cancel                       sci.econ              Mark S. Bilk
 102. 96/03/11 020 cancel                       news.groups           Mark S. Bilk

 139. 95/08/31 020 cancel                       talk.abortion         Mark S. Bilk
 140. 95/07/23 020 cancel                       comp.cad.autocad      Mark S. Bilk

My post, spam-cancelled by accident (probably I mentioned a porn-spam URL).

  27. 96/02/07 020 cmsg cancel <msbDMEyB0.464@n alt.binaries.misc     Mark S. Bilk

  97. 96/02/01 020 cmsg cancel <msbDM9Gxw.7zz@n alt.binaries.warez.ib Mark S. Bilk

 104. 96/02/08 020 cmsg cancel <msbDMGACK.7tw@n alt.politics.homosexu Mark S. Bilk

My post, spam-cancelled as "ad" in biz.*

 103. 96/02/14 020 cmsg cancel <msbDMEpEy.Hz3@n alt.current-events.ne Mark S. Bilk

My post, forged cancel.

   8. 99/03/08 025 cmsg cancel <msbF84r3M.B9H@n alt.current-events.cl msb
   9. 99/03/08 025 cmsg cancel <msbF84r3M.B9H@n alt.current-events.cl msb

  99. 95/12/11 021 cmsg cancel <msbDJEyB3.I7L@n alt.binaries.warez.ib Mark S. Bilk
 100. 95/11/05 021 cmsg cancel <msbDHJJD6.yB@ne alt.binaries.games    Mark S. Bilk

Forged post in my name, spam-cancelled.  My Netcom shell account could not
have posted articles with these Message-IDs:

  20. 96/02/07 020 cmsg cancel <4f8m5v$l48@ixne rec.nude              msb
  21. 96/02/07 020 cmsg cancel <4f8m5e$l48@ixne rec.motorcycles.harle msb
  22. 96/02/07 020 cmsg cancel <4f8m9u$l48@ixne rec.windsurfing       msb
  23. 96/02/07 020 cmsg cancel <4f8m4v$l48@ixne rec.drugs.cannabis    msb
  24. 96/02/07 020 cmsg cancel <4f8ls4$l48@ixne alt.skinheads         msb
  25. 96/02/07 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lsj$l48@ixne alt.supermodels       msb
  26. 96/02/07 020 cmsg cancel <4f8k1s$h31@ixne alt.binaries.erotic.s msb

  28. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lu4$l48@ixne ba.personals          msb
  29. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8m01$l48@ixne misc.consumers        msb
  30. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lv7$l48@ixne biz.marketplace.non-c msb
  31. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lug$l48@ixne biz.general           msb
  32. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8m49$l48@ixne misc.wanted           msb
  33. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lus$l48@ixne biz.marketplace.inter msb
  34. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kds$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  35. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kf0$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  36. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8k7t$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  37. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kra$l48@ixne alt.mag.playboy       msb
  38. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kpm$h31@ixne alt.drugs.hard        msb
  39. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lsv$l48@ixne alt.supermodels.cindy msb
  40. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lt8$l48@ixne alt.surfing           msb
  41. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8ltj$l48@ixne alt.tv.beavis-n-butth msb
  42. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8mv6$7kr@ixne soc.men               msb
  43. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8n2c$7lg@ixne soc.singles           msb
  44. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8mfa$l48@ixne soc.couples           msb
  45. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8mfc$l48@ixne soc.culture.usa       msb
  46. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8ko9$h31@ixne alt.business          msb
  47. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kof$h31@ixne alt.business.misc     msb
  48. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kp9$h31@ixne alt.drugs.chemistry   msb
  49. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kph$h31@ixne alt.drugs.culture     msb
  50. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kpt$h31@ixne alt.drugs.pot         msb
  51. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kq9$h31@ixne alt.fan.howard-stern  msb
  52. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8krg$l48@ixne alt.music.alternative msb
  53. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8ktb$l48@ixne alt.music.blues-trave msb
  54. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8ktr$l48@ixne alt.music.hardcore    msb
  55. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kca$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  56. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kcq$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  57. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8k6m$h31@ixne alt.binaries.erotic.s msb
  58. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8ku3$l48@ixne alt.music.independent msb
  59. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kue$l48@ixne alt.music.pink-floyd  msb
  60. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8k7a$h31@ixne alt.binaries.lingerie msb
  61. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kv0$l48@ixne alt.personals         msb
  62. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8k7g$h31@ixne alt.binaries.misc     msb
  63. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8k7n$h31@ixne alt.binaries.nude.cel msb
  64. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kv9$l48@ixne alt.personals.ads     msb
  65. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kvg$l48@ixne alt.personals.bi      msb
  66. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kvo$l48@ixne alt.personals.bondage msb
  67. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8l02$l48@ixne alt.personals.fetish  msb
  68. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8l09$l48@ixne alt.politics.homosexu msb
  69. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8k72$h31@ixne alt.binaries.great.as msb
  70. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8l0k$l48@ixne alt.rave              msb
  71. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8l18$l48@ixne alt.romance           msb
  72. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kbv$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  73. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kdg$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  74. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8k87$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  75. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8k9f$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  76. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kdm$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  77. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8k9m$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  78. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8k9u$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  79. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8ka9$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  80. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kee$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  81. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kal$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  82. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kf6$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  83. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8ke2$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  84. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kfl$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  85. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kfv$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
  86. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8knu$h31@ixne control               msb
  87. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kp3$h31@ixne control               msb
  88. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kbh$h31@ixne control               msb
  89. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kar$h31@ixne control               msb
  90. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kd0$h31@ixne control               msb
  91. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8l6r$l48@ixne control               msb
  92. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lbm$l48@ixne control               msb
  93. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kav$h31@ixne control               msb
  94. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lcm$l48@ixne control               msb
  95. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kba$h31@ixne control               msb
  96. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kin$h31@ixne control               msb

 105. 96/02/07 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kmf$h31@ixne alt.binaries.pictures msb
 106. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kda$h31@ixne control               msb
 107. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lb3$l48@ixne control               msb
 108. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kci$h31@ixne control               msb
 109. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kfg$h31@ixne control               msb
 110. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kek$h31@ixne control               msb
 111. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8l6k$l48@ixne control               msb
 112. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kbo$h31@ixne control               msb
 113. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8khc$h31@ixne control               msb
 114. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kb5$h31@ixne control               msb
 115. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lbh$l48@ixne control               msb
 116. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8ke9$h31@ixne control               msb
 117. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kju$h31@ixne control               msb
 118. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kjj$h31@ixne control               msb
 119. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kkd$h31@ixne control               msb
 120. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kjp$h31@ixne control               msb
 121. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kkq$h31@ixne control               msb
 122. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kmq$h31@ixne control               msb
 123. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kk5$h31@ixne control               msb
 124. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kl7$h31@ixne control               msb
 125. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lij$l48@ixne control               msb
 126. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kng$h31@ixne control               msb
 127. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kmv$h31@ixne control               msb
 128. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8kna$h31@ixne control               msb
 129. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8knm$h31@ixne control               msb
 130. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lms$l48@ixne control               msb
 131. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8ld2$l48@ixne control               msb
 132. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lio$l48@ixne control               msb
 133. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lct$l48@ixne control               msb
 134. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lch$l48@ixne control               msb
 135. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lhb$l48@ixne control               msb
 136. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lk3$l48@ixne control               msb
 137. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lj5$l48@ixne control               msb
 138. 96/02/06 020 cmsg cancel <4f8lej$l48@ixne control               msb

------------------------------

From: "Boris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsoft migrates Hotmail to W2K
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 23:40:14 GMT

"Michael Wand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> "Drestin Black" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > > Now, if *they* do *not* manage to get it to run under w2k (i.e.
> > > having so little thrust in their *own* products ability) and
> > > still tout it as the best thing since sliced bread, what should
> > > I think about the rest of their claims?
> >
> > If they don't then you've finally got a legit thing to point to and sneer.
> > But, until they try and fail - you've nothing.
>
> I have - the question *why* they didn't.
I'm 100% pro-Microsoft. However, I must admit that NT4 was probably underpowered to run
Hotmail. There were a number of NT4 problems which were fixed in SP6/6a (released at
the
end of 1999). I don't know if those patches made it into Win2K.
In addition, the most powerful member of Win2K family hasn't been released yet
(Datacenter
addition). Also, some portions of COM+ (component load-balancing) were rejected by
beta-testers and didn't make it into release of Win2K (I understand that those
components
are due to be released by mid-2000).
I would be surprised if Hotmail weren't converted to Win2K by the end of 2000. MS might
decide to wait for Win64 to be released, though.
I agree, that Hotmail conversion would be an excellent argument in favor of usability
of
Win2K for the largest web sites.

Boris

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mr_rupert)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 00:05:14 GMT

On Sat, 26 Feb 2000 23:40:14 GMT, "Boris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>"Michael Wand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>> > If they don't then you've finally got a legit thing to point to and sneer.
>> > But, until they try and fail - you've nothing.
>>
>> I have - the question *why* they didn't.
>I'm 100% pro-Microsoft. However, I must admit that NT4 was probably underpowered to
>run
>Hotmail. There were a number of NT4 problems which were fixed in SP6/6a (released at
>the
>end of 1999). I don't know if those patches made it into Win2K.
>In addition, the most powerful member of Win2K family hasn't been released yet
>(Datacenter
>addition). Also, some portions of COM+ (component load-balancing) were rejected by
>beta-testers and didn't make it into release of Win2K (I understand that those
>components
>are due to be released by mid-2000).
>I would be surprised if Hotmail weren't converted to Win2K by the end of 2000. MS
>might
>decide to wait for Win64 to be released, though.
>I agree, that Hotmail conversion would be an excellent argument in favor of usability
>of
>Win2K for the largest web sites.
>
>Boris

Finally a voice of reason from the MS camp.  Thanks Boris for
providing some valid reasons to this issue.

---
The always friendly, always lovable, and highly presentable,

Mr Rupert