From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Just curious, how do I do this in Windows?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:09:19 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Craig Kelley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> >  [snip]
> >
> > > INTEGER I
> > > INTEGER F
> > > INTEGER S
> > > INTEGER N ; Rem THERE, is that better?

> >  [snip]
> >
> > > Did I, or did I not say that I have not used BASIC in 17 years.
> > > Go get a 1980's Apple ][ or ][+  and try it.
> >
> > You'd need to uppercase all the reserved words and number the lines
> > first.  :)
> >

> and remove the trailing ")" after the "S" and ";" does work as a remark code
                           ^

Ooooooooooh, a fucking typo at 3:00 in the morning.
Spare me, loser.

> and I is an integer but using "/" (instead of "\") returns fractional. and
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly as I intended, mr. Sooooooooooper Programmer.

> forgot to use "DIM" in front of the "int" or "integer" words and it's

DIM is only used for arrays.  I didn't use any arrays, MORON.

> unnecessary to initialize numeric variables to 0 and the list goes on. that
> code won't run

I was being pedantic so that small minds like yourself could follow
along.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.

C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
   that she doesn't like.

D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.

E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (D) above.

F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
   response until their behavior improves.

G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

------------------------------

From: "Colin R. Day" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: I had a reality check today :(
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:12:42 -0400

Tim Palmer wrote:

> >Umm . . . Wrong.                               Yes       Yes
> >

> Umm, rite.                                      No        Yes
>
> UNIX only support hardware if it's' desined to be "stanndard", wile Windo's
>support's everything else.

So, you've installed Windows on a Sparc?

> >Wrong again                                    No        No
>
> No, rite again                                  No        Yes
>

> >There is no such thing as first time, flawlessly.
>
> You'v obveusly never used Windo's before. It amazes UNIX users every time they see
>it. They say "Its not happonning!"

I have, and it doesn't do it flawlessly.

> >> EAZY TO USE GUI                              No        Yes
> >
> >Wrong againg                                   Yes       Yes
>
> No, rite againg.                                No        Yes
>
> The UNIX GUI is klujy, while the Windo's is intigrated.

You haven't used KDE, have you?

> >> INTIGRATED printting from FAX mashine         No        Yes
> >
> >Printing from a FAX machine . . . what the heck does that mean?
>
> You clikc on "print" to FAX it insted of manuelly converting it to a FAX and then
>piping it like UNIX.

You can do that in KDE.

> >> Nothing beet's Window's printing you stopid Lie-nux commy.
> >
> >Nothing . . . except the Mac, every version of Unix (TROFF, the desktop
> >publishing system of choice for years)
>
> HA-HA! troff? I bet you think that the #1 dest top word proscesser is VI. Last time
>I check'd, Word was #1.

I'd like to see you do mathematical writing in Word.

> >since before Windows, and of
> >course, the NeXT beats Windows so badly that there aren't even shards
> >left in the frame.
> >
> >Tim's not to up on history, is he?
>
> History is for UNIX nut's because tha'ts what UNIX is: historry.

It's also the future.

Colin Day

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:10:17 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Drestin Black wrote:
> > >
> > > "sandrews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> and

> example of
> stupid
> > > (and
> "punk", at
> > > confronting

> appropriate

> ignore

> your

> > > another complete fucking idiot trying to sound smart.
> > >
> > > Dude, ascii 0, zero, as in not the letter O you silly wanker. Yes, I
> friggin
> > > well know the difference and you are a complete moron for even
> considering
> > > otherwise. If you had even a remote clue about programming in BASIC
> you'd
> > > know exactly how much effect putting a ascii zero anywhere in a BASIC
> string
> > > has: Fuck All! as in nothing, nada, zilch zero. Good - I hate elitist
> types
> > > who think that cause they struggle to produce something in C that that
> makes
> > > them superiour to us cranking out useful working code in VB in 1/4 the
> time.
> > > Give me a break... Embarrass yourself? How about learning the basics of
> > > basic before pretending to give any lessons - you only expose you
> stupidity
> > > and ignorance.
> >
> > Does Delphi know that you are a retard?
>
> hahahha - without anything even remotely intelligent to reply, without a
> single defense, he resorts to personal insults... give me a break, you don't
> deserve my dogs leftovers.

Of course not.  I deserve the porterhouse that's roasting in my oven
even as I write...

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:17:45 -0400

Perry Pip wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:53:11 -0400,
> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Drestin Black wrote:
> >>
> >> "Perry Pip" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >Not all languages are appropriate for the problem.
> >
> >One example would be awk.
>
> Ok fine, Aaron. To prove your point you can then post 15 different
> algorithms in each of the 15 languages, i.e. one algorithm that each
> language is suited for.

Allow me some time to find the appropriate resources, as it has
been over 10 years since i have used any assembly language, so
I forget most of the mnemonics.

Nevertheless, sure...

> Perry

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:14:49 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Drestin Black wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> and

> example of
> stupid
> > > (and
> "punk", at
> > > confronting

> appropriate

> ignore

> your

> > > no dumb dumb, only sometimes - in databases a NULL doesn't equal
> anything
> > > and doesn't equal ASCII zero at all.
> >
> > Wrong, you fucking idiot
> >
> > ASCII (0) is NULL
> > ASCII (48) is the character "0" (Zero)
>
> WRONG fucko - when I write "ASCII 0 (number 0 not letter O) it is the value
> zero, hex 00. That is DIFFERENT than a null value, in a database.

Who the fuck besides YOU is talking about databases, asshole.

> Ask any DB
> programmer, ask him if NULL=Ascii(0) and he'll role his eyes at the 1st
> level mistake. You are confusing the ascii characters and their values and
> all sorts of shit, revealing your only very basic understanding of this.

This problem at hand had NOTHING to do with databases, you ignorant
clod.

> x00 <> Null in any database I've ever used.
>
> <snip> > >
> > >
> > > uuu, ar you alleging that you actually posses any intelligence
> whatsoever?
> > > Do you also claim to actually have used a computer beyond putting
> quarters
> > > in slot machines?
> >
> > Yeah, my salary is in the 6-figure range.
>
> ahha... ahhahah, hahahahhahahahahahha - you sure fooled someone

Maybe, maybe not.

My shit works.  Your's doesn't.

> > > I'll use small words: Basic doesn't use string terminators. (terminator
> !=
> > > Arnold in leather)
> >
> > Do this:
> >
> > A$="The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"
> > MID$(A,10,1)=ASC$(0)
> > Print "'",A$,"'"
> >
> > The output will be
> > 'The quick'
> >
> > you are truly clueless.
>
> wrong buckwheat - First, you'll be wanting to put a $ after that A in the
> MID$ function and second, the result I get is, literally:

ooooooooo, a fucking typo.

> '             The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog         '
>
> there are spaces after and before the single quote marks (because you used a
> comma instead of a semicolon which is what you meant to use but didn't know
> you needed to).
>
> That is the result of typing in EXACTLY what you wrote above into QBX 7.1
> which I'm running this very second. (I put the $ after the A).
>
> Now  - who is the fucking clueless idiot who doesn't know when to stop
> embarressing himself?

As I said before, I haven't programmed in that worthless language in
over 17 years.

My two errors are one of syntax, which can be resolved in a few seconds.

Meanwhile, Drestin Adress, SOooooooooooper Genious, who claims to
program
every day, can't figure out how to properly reverse the byte-order in
an arbitrary-length unsigned integer.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "John W. Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:13:10 -0600

Tim Palmer wrote:

> UNIX only support hardware if it's' desined to be "stanndard", wile Windo's
>support's everything else.

Tell that to the Linux device driver writers . . . you really know
nothing about Unix, do you?

So, tell me, just how well does "Windo's" support PA-RISC, Tim?  Since,
according to you, Windows suports EVERYTHING else . . . ?

> >Wrong again                                    No        No
>
> No, rite again                                  No        Yes
>

> >There is no such thing as first time, flawlessly.
>
> You'v obveusly never used Windo's before.

No, I haven't used Windows much.  I have, however, spent a fair amount
of time fixing things for other people who DO use it, when things don't
work first time, flawlessly.

It isn't neccessary to be a user, in order to admin.

> It amazes UNIX users every time they see it. They say "Its not happonning!"

So, what kind of experiment are you running, Tim?  Nobody can be that
stupid . . . nobody.  It simply isn't possible to be that stupid, and
manage to figure out how to post to Usenet.

Hey, it's amusing, but what is the point?

> >> EAZY TO USE GUI                              No        Yes
> >
> >Wrong againg                                   Yes       Yes
>
> No, rite againg.                                No        Yes
>
> The UNIX GUI is klujy, while the Windo's is intigrated.

I've begun to notice a pattern in the misspellings . . . are you a
sociologist, or an anthropologist?

> >> INTIGRATED printting from FAX mashine         No        Yes
> >
> >Printing from a FAX machine . . . what the heck does that mean?
>
> You clikc on "print" to FAX it insted of manuelly converting it to a FAX and then
>piping it like UNIX.

Wrong.  You can click on "print" to FAX from Unix, too.

> >Nothing . . . except the Mac, every version of Unix (TROFF, the desktop
> >publishing system of choice for years)
>
> HA-HA! troff? I bet you think that the #1 dest top word proscesser is VI.

Vi is not a word processor, Tim.  It's a text editor.

> >since before Windows, and of
> >course, the NeXT beats Windows so badly that there aren't even shards
> >left in the frame.
> >
> >Tim's not to up on history, is he?
>
> History is for UNIX nut's because tha'ts what UNIX is: historry.

Yet . . . it runs the boxen that got your message from where your
robot-reply-daemon injected it into the news stream, all the way to here
. . . and back.

It's history all right . . . in the making!  ;-)

--

If I spoke for HP --- there probably wouldn't BE an HP!

John Stevens

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:15:50 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "sandrews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Drestin Black wrote:
> > >
> > > "sandrews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> and

> example of
> stupid
> > > (and
> "punk", at
> > > confronting

> appropriate

> ignore

> your

> > > another complete fucking idiot trying to sound smart.
> > >
> > > Dude, ascii 0, zero, as in not the letter O you silly wanker. Yes, I
> friggin
> > > well know the difference and you are a complete moron for even
> considering
> > > otherwise. If you had even a remote clue about programming in BASIC
> you'd
> > > know exactly how much effect putting a ascii zero anywhere in a BASIC
> string
> > > has: Fuck All! as in nothing, nada, zilch zero. Good - I hate elitist
> types
> > > who think that cause they struggle to produce something in C that that
> makes
> > > them superiour to us cranking out useful working code in VB in 1/4 the
> time.
> > > Give me a break... Embarrass yourself? How about learning the basics of
> > > basic before pretending to give any lessons - you only expose you
> stupidity
> > > and ignorance.
> >
> > You are the moron, You are attempting to talk about asciiz string.
> > a asciit 0 is NOT an O it is a zero with a hex value of 30.  An ascii
> > nil
> > which is a hex value 0 (not O damn it) will terminate a string.  It
> > farted up
> > basic string when I was using a technique called string packing (this
> > was
> > using GeeWiz-BASIC.  You probally don`t know what string packing is.
>
> No, you are the moron. I said it right. I know what a ascii zero terminated
> string is and I know the fucking differnece between an "O" (letter O) and
> "0" (digit 0) - and I know which are hex 30 and 0  --  idiot. Are you that
> confused? READ what I WROTE before embaressing yourself. I wrote accurately
> but you didn't read it right. idiot...
> AND, you CAN put a ascii value 0 (hex value 00) in the middle of a basic
> string and it will NOT terminate the string.

Did you pull that out of your very own ass?

Or did you have to borrow it from your cell-mate?

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:21:20 -0400

Andres Soolo wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> Simple; write it out in an endian-neutal format, and have your
> >                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > There is no such thing.
> > A number is either stored in Big-Endian, or Little-Endian format.
> > There are no other practical alternative.
>
> Well, there are formats that do not depend on the current machine's
> endianity.  For example, if you store your numbers always in big-endian,
> your file format (or protocol) is endian-neutral though it uses a specific
> endianity.

Andres...please do not engage in sophistry...it's unbecoming.

> >> conversion routines convert to whatever's native.  I've done lots of
> >> this sort of thing, the mechanics are pretty basic.
> >
> > Translation: one MUST do a Big-Endian => Little Endian *or*
> > a Little-Endian => Big-Endian conversion if the platforms
> > differ in this respect.
>
> Exactly.  Still, it does matter when the conversion is done.

Confirming my point that THE CONVERSION IS NECESSARY, and thus,
CONTRARY to the claims of Mr. Drestin Adresss, SOOOoooper Genius,
the Endian Conversion issues is a modern-day workplace issue which
must be considered by various people every day  (not the exact
same set of people every day...but one which, every day, there
will be several people around the world who must address it,
and the next day, several other people around the world must
address it...etc, etc,).

> --
> Andres Soolo   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.
> Don't ever count on having both at once.
>                 -- Lazarus Long

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:42:36 GMT

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:32:27 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>I said BSD, not FreeBSD.

There is no such animal as "Just BSD" any more.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| Codem Systems, Inc.