  Re: Name one thing Microsoft INVENTED.... ("Aaron R. Kulkis")

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,us.military.army
Subject: Re: Red hat becoming illegal?
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:12:54 -0500

billh wrote:

> "The Ghost In The Machine"

> > >Then why ask the first question above?
> >
> > Mostly out of curiosity, I guess. :-)
>
> Kulkis has claimed to do things he hasn't.  One is that he has claimed to
> have been on classified ops that he can't talk about, yet he talks about
> them.  The most damning thing, in my book, is that he has claimed to have
> been awarded the Presidential Unit Citation, a unit heroism award, for his
> "anti-terrorism" expertise  at the Atlanta Olympics.  Top this off with his
> profound and demonstrated lack of general military knowledge in even the
> most basic of subjects, and all soldiers with a modicum of experience
> immediately see him for what he is, a lying "war-hero-wannabe".

My uniform layout is as follows

                                           [ACM][AAM]
                                        [RCGCM][ASR][NDSM]
  [PUC][JMUC]                           [SWASM][OTR][IOSR]

> Wannabes are in the Army, and they are easy to spot, especially considering
> they place the spotlight on themselves.  It is the first sign/symptom.  Do a
> dejanews search.  If the whole situation weren't so pathetic, it'd be a
> riot, really.

Hey, Bill, why don't you tell us again of your emphatic belief
that German, Japanese, North Korean, Chinese, Viet Cong, and
North Vietnamese never fired at American medics.

You hae Zeeeeeeero credibility, loser.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,us.military.army
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:13:20 -0500

"T. Max Devlin" wrote:

> Said billh in alt.destroy.microsoft on Sat, 23 Dec 2000 12:39:24 GMT;
> >"The Ghost In The Machine"

> >> Mostly out of curiosity, I guess. :-)
> >
> >Kulkis has claimed to do things he hasn't.  One is that he has claimed to
> >have been on classified ops that he can't talk about, yet he talks about
> >them. [...]
>
> He's yanking your chain, dude.

Proving that Max is Waaaaaaaaaay smarter than Bill.

> --
> T. Max Devlin
>   *** The best way to convince another is
>           to state your case moderately and
>              accurately.   - Benjamin Franklin ***
>
> Sign the petition and keep Deja's archive alive!
> http://www2.PetitionOnline.com/dejanews/petition.html

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,us.military.army
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:14:37 -0500

"T. Max Devlin" wrote:

> Said Chad Myers in alt.destroy.microsoft on Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:25:57
> >"Chris Ahlstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >> Why not?  That's how our schools end up raising money for frills like
> >> desks and blackboards.
> >
> >But... you wouldn't have schools, or desks, or blackboards if it weren't
> >for the military protecting us.
>
> Well, now, I'd say the right to bear arms might also have some small
> thing to do with why the USA has never been occupied.

Isn't that the EXACT SAME RIGHT which liberals keep trying to
get nullified...

Just askin'...

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Predictions (featuring Drestin Black)
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:16:32 -0500

Conrad Rutherford wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Conrad Rutherford wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> is
> > > about
> 554,519,878

> > > can't

> reporting
> > > of
> about
> > > 0%

> > > You are a retard (as per your own .SIG text)
> >
> > My .sig does EXACTLY that which I want it to accomplish....
> >
> > So, you must be using some definition of retard with which the
> > rest of the English-speaking world is unfamiliar.
>
> Nope, your sig does exactly what I suspect it does - proves you are a
> retard.

Strange..it does PRECISELY what it was designed to do....deter
        pot-shots from the trolls listed there-in.

Are you saying that the sign of a retard is someone who gets done
that which he wants to accomplish....

> > > but I'm waiting for you to
> > > actually prove me wrong since simply stating "liar" without supporting
> > > evidence is nothing more than a simple way to illustrate your pathetic
> > > stupidity
> >
> > You made the assertion, therefore, the burden of proof is upon YOU.
> >
> > Clue for the clueless....i merely questioned your assertion.
> >
> > Put up or shut up.  Prove your claim....liar.
>
> but I have and so have MANY others in this forum over and over. We
> constantly point to data showing Windows is used by 90% or more of all
> visitors to all monitored/monitoring websites and the data showing Linux's
> numbers is so small as to be insignificant and often non-existant. What part
> of "you are wrong" do you have a problem understanding.

What part of Proxy-Server do you not understand?

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Subject: Re: Who LOVES Linux again?
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:20:29 -0500

Matt Gaia wrote:

> *gets out his stupid argument gun* :)

Dude.....you need to learn how to format so that there is a
division between where the passage from the last guy's post
ends and where your comments begin.

> [...]
> No, because you're paying for the support when you buy them in CD
> packs.  But you can still go on if you still would like it.
>
> > >  4.. Distributions are not "updated".  They are being replaced.  RedHat Linux
>6.1 has been suceeded by RedHat Linux 6.2, and now 7.0.  The only difference between
>the products is updated componetns inside the distribution that fix idiotic security
>and stability problems.  If you cannot accomidate line items "1", or "2" above, your
>only choice for updating your distro is to buy another one.  If you bought a fully
>commercial package, you may be entitled to free upgrades.
> > >Item "4" above shoots a hole in the claim that "Linux can be updated for free,
>Windows can't, you have to buy another one when 'big billy' says so."  Fine, so
>instead of Microsoft controlling product udpates, you have to rely on often
>anonymous, 3rd parties to maintain and fix your OS components, and then you have to
>pay the distro maker more money to obtain the latest release.< <
> Once again, *bzzzt* wrong again.  If Linux can't be upgraded for free,
> then why have I, probably along with many other people, done it?
> Especially on web servers that don't run many programs either. :)
>
> > >  a.. Linux isn't much faster
> > >A vast majority of Linux's speed comes from processor optimizations at the
>kernel, and program level.  Your software is hard-wired for your platform, delivering
>speed.  Great.   Except that Windows functions on all Intel i386 compliant platforms
>without kernel changes or software re-codes.  Which means that Linux's only speed
>advantage lies in it's platform dependent, processor optimizations.< <
> Actually, the Linux CLI is rather fast, but it's X that slows down the
> computer.  Last I heard though, a system with running X still takes less
> resources than Windows 2000.
>
> > >XFree86 is Linux's only other X server (alternative is a commercial, unpopular
>product).  Does XFree86 comes with hardware optimization for video graphics
>accelerators?  Yes and No.  It doesn't fully support any of the 3D technology in
>today's 3D accelerators, nothing quite even CLOSE to what Apple & Microsoft can do
>with 'em.< <
> You mean Linux will not have the drag 'n drool support that MS and Apple
> have? damn.
>
> > >As for other operations, like general interface, XFree86 is a sugglish nightmare.
> Really, using dedicated CPU time to create, and update the display is a sluggish and
>outdated practice that went the way of the dodo when hardware accelerated procedures
>were implemented.  So there goes the GUI "speed" advantage.< <
> See two responses above.

>should be like for people who don't have the time to interface with their computers
>in C.< <
> Amendment to Summary: Linux is for programmers/techies/whatever you want
> to call them who don't want to be tied down by Father Bill or forced to

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Name one thing Microsoft INVENTED....
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:23:21 -0500

Stuart Fox wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>   "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Stuart Fox wrote:

> > > Marketing of computer software.  Noone else seemed to do it, and
> seemed
> > > a little surprised when Microsoft did.  Some seemed to steadfastly
> > > refuse to market their software until it was too late (OS/2 anyone?)
> > >

> > You're insane.  Byte and Creative Computing were FULL Of software
> > ads long before Microsoft stole QDOS.
> >
> Let me rephrase that then.  Marketing software **well**.  Or doing ads
> that didn't just appeal to the geeks.  Or expecting their software to
> sell on it's merits (al a IBM).

You are insane.  Until sometime after 1995, IBM never sold ANY
software based on it's merits...since the 1960's, their method
of selling software was name recognition
( "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM--even if the project failed")

>                                     Using marketing to create the

> Microsoft brand if you will.
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: An Entire Day With Linux (Yukkkkk!!!)
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:29:11 -0500

Pete Goodwin wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
>
> > > Whilst I don't agree with 70% of the base
> > > topics comments, some of them I agree with.
> >
> > Very good.  There's hope for you yet.
>
> So you would agree that the 30 odd % of problems with Linux mentioned in
> the base note are real and not some kind of made up FUD?

30%?  Probably not that high, knowing how most Microshaft advocates
tend to be uneducated morons who have NO idea about the technology
in general, let alone the subtleties of operating systems.

> --
> Pete, running KDE2 on Linux Mandrake 7.2

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:24:24 -0500

Tim Smith wrote:

> John Sanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Tim Smith wrote:
> >>
> >> And as did Microsoft...the new optical mouse was developed by HP.  I
> >> believe that is mentioned on one of Microsoft's descriptions of it on
> >> their web site.
> >
> >       I don't know who was first with it, but I was using an optical mouse on
> >Sun box in 1988.  You're making all this up, Smith.
>
> Read carefully.  Notice we are all saying "new optical mouse".  That is
> to distinguish it from optical mice like the one you were using in 1988
> (and that others were using well before that).
>
> Your optical mouse worked by using a special mousepad with a fine grid
> on it, which the mouse sensed.  It was almost useless without the
> special pad, and also required you to keep it aligned with the pad,
> probably.
>
> The new optical mice, developed by HP, do not require any special mouse
> pad.  In fact, they don't require a pad at all.  They work by
> illuminating the surface below the mouse with a bright LED, and taking a
> picture of that surface with a CCD camera.  They take about 1500
> pictures per second, and use image processing software running on a DSP
> in the mouse to compare the pictures, and deduce how the mouse has
> moved.
>
> The new optical mice work on pretty much any approximately flat surface
> you are likely to have near your computer.  E.g., your desk, a piece of
> paper, your pants leg, a Jack in the Box Monster Taco...pretty much
> anything other than a mirror.

Now THERE's a practical joke.....

> You might want to make some effort to keep up with technology before
> accusing people of making things up.
>
> --Tim Smith

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.