right? Some kind of a joke? (Mark S. Bilk)

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian
Subject: Re: Anti-Human Libertarians Oppose Microsoft Antitrust Action (was:
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:37:33 -0400

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On 31 Jul 2000 00:57:12 GMT, Loren Petrich wrote:
> >In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> >Donovan Rebbechi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >       So you are proud of your inability or unwillingness to acquire
> >vast amounts of wealth and power?
>
> Could you explain the relevance of your questions to this discussion ?
> What is your point, if any ?
>
> I'm relatively indifferent to wealth and power beyond a certain acceptable
> minimum. First let's just dismiss the idea that I'm "unable" to make more
> money with the observation that I could quit the PhD program for a job
> in the high tech industry that would pay at least twice ( probably more
> like 3-4 times ) what I am earning now.
>
> Now let's talk about "unwilling".
> I'm not making a point of *refusing* to acquire wealth or power
> to make a point, I'm just doing what I enjoy doing. So I'm not really
> unwilling.
>
> Now about pride -- I do what I do because I enjoy it, and it doesn't
> hurt anyone. I'm proud of my choices the same way I'd be "proud" of going
> to an amusement park. I do what I do for my own satisfaction, so in that
> sense I am happy, but I don't see anything grand or noble about enjoying
> my life.

YOU see...Loren is judging you by HIS yardstick...

YOu see... his insinuation that you are a failure becuase you are
not "acquiring wealth and power" demonstrates that these are the
criteria by which LOREN HIMSELF judges success.

That's right...LOREN "Mr. Egalitarian" PETRICH (Crypto-Commie at
large) has openly admitted that ****HIS*** definition of success
is whether or not someone is able "to acquire vast amounts of
wealth and power"

Kinda undercuts his song-and-dance about "the pligh of the poor"
and other such nonsense.  Nope... Loren sees them as mere
stepping stones to power....like so many hapless people buried
up to their necks on the beach....he'll walk all over them to
avoid getting his feet dirty...while chastising others for not
getting their hands dirty to dig these people out.

"to acquire vast amounts of wealth and power"

Tell us Loren Petrich, Mr. Pseudo-Compassion....how much wealth
and power do you consider someone should acquire for you to view
them as a "success".

How much "wealth" are YOU in search of?

How much "power" over "tens of thousands of underlings who grovel
in fear" are YOU seeking, LOREN PETRICH?

LOREN PETRICH is BUSTED... wide open, a phoney-fuck pseudo-compassionate
closet-dictator....in other words, a COMPLETE LOSER.

> --
> Donovan

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.

C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
   that she doesn't like.

D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.

E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (D) above.

F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
   response until their behavior improves.

G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: The Failure of the USS Yorktown
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:47:16 -0400

Jim Richardson wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:45:31 -0400,
>  Aaron R. Kulkis, in the persona of <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>  brought forth the following words...:
>
> >Woofbert wrote:

> >> Who has the most and most recent experience in tank combat? And whose
> >> design did they base their own R&D on? Inquiring minds want to know.
> >>
> >> I once saw video of an Israeli battle tank galoomphing along the desert
> >> at 65 MPH or something. The main shell was bouncing along on what must
> >> have been a hella rough ride for the driver ... but the cupola and
> >> cannon seemed to be just floating along, completely oblivious. Scary.
> >
> >You should see an M1 when they take the governor off the engine!
> >

> The Merkhava, whilst a good design, has compromises that make it unsuitable
> for many forces. It is relatively slow, heavy and relies mostly on armour
> (damn good armour.) Than mobility. This is because the Isreali Army has a
> relatively small area to defend, and doesn't need fast road performance as
> much as they need tanks that protect the expensive crews as much as possible.
> (Israel cannot afford the manpower losses that say, Libya can.)

Nor can they afford to risk a hole in the line.

>  As for the latest experience, Desert Storm certainly needs to be counted
> there, although heavily outnumbered by the Iraqi forces, the allied forces,
> mostly american, did a bang up job with the armour. Not because of the
> superiority of the equipment (the Iraqi had better artillery, and more tubes)

Actually, that was part of a disinformation program.

Yes, the Soviet-supplied tube-artillery (traditional howitzers and
cannons) have a slight edge in range against ours...

BUT

1.  Our artillery is more accurate at extreme range

2.  MLRS systems have heavier payloads than 210mm artillery
        AND have longer range AND are even MORE accurate than
        any tube-fired projectile

3. We have superior radar for counter-artillery fire.
        As one Iraqi artilleryman said after the war:
         "to pull a lanyard was to sign your own death warrant"

4. US artillery doctrine is called "shoot and scoot"  Our guys
        pull up, shot a mission and then LEAVE before any
        counter-battery fire can come raining down.  (This
        form of artillery support demands extremely good planning
        and excellent discipline of the artillerymen, but when
        facing the threat of being massively outnumbered if there
        was a Soviet invasion of Western Europe, artillery
        preservation was a very high priority.

> but because of doctrine, training, and airpower.
> No weapon system can be taken by itself, they work together, or they fall to
> an opponant who does.
>  This has gotten a little off topic though, shall we take it to some more
> appropriate newsgroup?
> --
> Jim Richardson
>         Anarchist, pagan and proud of it
> WWW.eskimo.com/~warlock
>         Linux, because life's too short for a buggy OS.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "sandrews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Slipping away into time.
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:46:45 -0500

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Pete Goodwin) wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (sandrews) wrote in
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>>     If you really write sound/audio drivers, why don`t you use the
>>     information you have at your disposal and write sound/audio drivers
>>     for linux.  Ah but then you wouldn`t have anything to  bitch about
>>     and you would then be contributing to the open source community,
>>     can`t have that now could we.
>
> There's no demand for it. Not basic audio drivers, but 3D Positional
> Audio  drivers. There aren't enough games being ported to the Linux
> platform as  yet. If game developers started going for Linux in a big
> way, then things  might change.

        Oh please! there is more than enought demand, haven`t you read
        comp.os.linux.hardware ?  This sounds very lame to me.

--
M$ Windows is aptly named, after all, it's easily broken, and offers little
security, just like the glass ones...

------------------------------

From: "Mike Byrns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Micro$oft retests TPC benchmark
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:08:47 GMT

"fungus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Robert Moir wrote:
> >
> > Yeah but as Talk City are a seperate company that MSN merely has a
> > partnership with, this merely proves that MSN *do not* insist on people
they
> > have partnerships with using Microsoft software.
> >

> Presumably they choose people for their competence and
> ability to deliver the best possible service. I'm sure
> there were plenty of contenders for the honor of hosting
> the MSN homepages.
>

> Such a pity for Microsoft that the best candidates
> don't use Microsoft software. The publicity would
> have been very useful for them - a genuine showcase
> website would have saved them having to pay for all
> the embarassment and publicity cover-ups that having
> all their major sites running on Unix/Apache causes
> them.

Bullshit.  Want an example?  The ENTIRE Lycos network including Lycos.com,
Tripod, WhoWhere, Angelfire, MailCity, HotBot, HotWired, Wired News,
Webmonkey, Sonique, Quote.com, Gamesville, and Lycos Zone runs on nix?  No,
it can't be it's WINDOWS 2000!!!  What a suprise.  And there are hundreds of
other top shelf sites that use NT technologies just like these!

http://www.microsoft.com/solutions/ecommerce/lycoscs.htm

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Oldayz)
Subject: Re: Linux? You're kidding right? Some kind of a joke?
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:11:43 GMT

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 02:27:49 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>So Linux is going to unseat god knows how many millions of Windows and
>Mac users?
>
>Sure it is :)
>
>Linux offers nothing to the Windows user other than scripts that need
>editing, hardware that is unsupported and various stuff that Windows
>supports right out of the box that becomes a nightmare under Linux.
>
>Want to see your hardware perform like 1980's hardware, run Linux.
>

>Linux just plain sucks big time and only the most dedicated nerd would
>be interested in it. Replacing Mac OS 9 with Linux is a travesty. What
>a loss of easy to use functions, all for the joy of running some 25
>year old operating system that hasn't made it in 25 years and won't
>like make it in the next 25 years. Eunuchs that is....
>

>My advice is, if YOU are considering running Linux, think again and
>dump it fast. It sucks more than Monica lewinsky on her wedding night.

Nah, Linux is pretty neat. I haven't used MacOS but it beats Windows.

--
        Andrei

------------------------------

From: Cyrille Lefevre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.linux.portable,comp.os.linux.hardware,alt.os.linux,comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc,comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc
Subject: Re: If Linux, which?  If not Linux, what?  NOT flame-bait!
Date: 31 Jul 2000 05:12:49 +0200

Smitty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> p.s. Skip the BSD Linux emulation.  It is not reliable and is more of a
> gimmick.

are you the brother of Rev. Don Kool ?

Cyrille.
--
home:mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Supprimer "%no-spam" pour me repondre.
work:mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Remove "%no-spam" to answer me back.

------------------------------

From: Cyrille Lefevre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.linux.portable,comp.os.linux.hardware,alt.os.linux,comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc,comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc
Date: 31 Jul 2000 05:16:04 +0200

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (WhoCares) writes:

> While we're on the subject, has anyone out there found out how to get
> Civilization: Call to Power to work on OpenBSD under emulation?
>
> I know it's been run succesfully under FreeBSD, but I always get a bad
> system call error when I try it on OpenBSD.  I'm going to throw in the
> glibc files in /emul/linux and give it another shot later, nothing too
> important, but I figured I'd ask around.

did you submit a bug report ? man send-pr

fu2 unix.bsd.openbsd.misc

Cyrille.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Donovan Rebbechi)
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian
Microsoft Ruling Too Harsh
Date: 31 Jul 2000 03:18:42 GMT

On 30 Jul 2000 21:12:10 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>The choice to work elsewhere is only useful when you can prove to an
>employer that you have a skill that is in high demand. The employer

BS. I know illegals who work in the service industry who have little
trouble swapping employers.

>doesn't have to prove to you that it is a good company to work for,

If they want to attract decent employees, they most certainly do have
something to prove. It's only when the requirements for the job in question
are very low that there is little competition between employers.

>If you don't have the right credentials and you don't know the right
>people, you find that all the jobs available to you are pretty much
>the same.

Well of course the "right credentials" are important. I mean, do you expect
to get a job as a nuclear physicist with a high school education ?
Knowing the right people can get you a free interview ( IOW, it helps
assure that your resume wont get thrown out ) but beyond that it has
limited utility.

>message is, "You're replaceable, but your job isn't." Before too long
>it'll look real bad on your resume if you're not a contractor and
>you're always quitting your job every time a better one shows up.

Of course it looks bad. Hire/fire cycles are expensive for employers,
so they don't want to do it more than they have to.

>However, you still won't be able to demand that your prospective
>employer prove his "employee loyalty" by showing you an worker
>history analogous to the job history that they require out of you.

Why not ? Ask them what the employee turnover is. Don't be afraid to
ask companies tough questions in interviews. The good ones will lay it
on the table, the others will get shitty. Which is OK, tell them to
go f*ck themselves and find someone better.

>Employers have all the power, and it's okay for them to fire an
>employee every time a better one shows up.

Bullshit. What planet are you from ? It's not that easy to fire employees.
Legal issues and trade unions aside, employee turnover is expensive and
results in an incompetent and unproductive workforce with low morale.

>The reason they can get away with this is because there is a a lot
>of demand for jobs, while there isn't nearly as much demand for
>workers to fill those jobs.

What you're saying is that "unemployment is high", at least in the sense
that it's defined ( the number of active job seekers out of work )

Reality check: for a developed country, the US doesn't have high
unemployment. Nice try.

>It's still $5.25 per hour in the US. Maybe the cost of living has
>dropped quite a bit where you live.

It's also irrelevant. I know illegals working in the service industry
who earn more than double that. And they don't pay taxes since they're paid
cash.  BTW, I lived on less than $200- a week as a grad student, and it wasn't
that bad. Tell your sob stories all you like. I've been "poor", and it wasn't
nearly as tragic as you're making it sound.

Get out of your 19th century Dickens fantasy. The world has moved on.

--
Donovan

------------------------------

From: "Mike Byrns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:19:51 GMT

"petilon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> "Mike Byrns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Because Oracle can't parallel over clusters.
>
> Oracle Parallel Server is the only RDBMS that supports
> load balanced clustering.

Nope sorry.  Those are MIRRORS of the same db, not the same db distributed
between.  Their clustering capability only takes advantage of load balancing
NOT parallel fetches because all the data is on both servers but you can't
get part from one and part from another.  You're just covering up
inadequacies like Ellison is.  Care to wager on how Oracle would do on the
exact same benchmarks that Microsoft has won?  Oh wait, you can't because
Ellison has issued the gag order to all the press to prevent that kind of
truth-telling.

> > This allows SQL server to take much better advantage of the
> > cluster while still gaining the load balance and failover
> > advantages they intrinsicly provide.
>
> Even Microsoft admits SQL Server doesn't support load balanced
> clustering.

Obviously you are *NOT* a SQL server expert:
Supporting primary key updates further enhances the Distributed Partitioned
Views feature in SQL Server 2000. This feature, which allows the system to
partition database processing across several independent servers, is
responsible for SQL Server 2000's scale-out performance on the TPC-C
benchmark.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/productinfo/sql2kover.htm

------------------------------

From: petilon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 20:22:06 -0700

"Mike Byrns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bullshit.  Want an example?  The ENTIRE Lycos network
> including Lycos.com, Tripod, WhoWhere, Angelfire, MailCity,
> HotBot, HotWired, Wired News, Webmonkey, Sonique, Quote.com,
> Gamesville, and Lycos Zone runs on nix?  No, it can't be it's
> WINDOWS 2000!!!

I'd be interested to find out if Microsoft paid Lycos to get
them as a reference. Microsoft has done that in the past. For
example, Microsoft provided Dell with an army of consultants,
free of charge, in exchange for agreeing to switch to
Microsoft technology. And more recently, Microsoft paid many
content providers as much as $300,000 each to switch to
Microsoft technology. Read about it here:
www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/zdnn_display/0,3440,339808,00.html
How do we know Microsoft didn't pay Lycos?

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 23:24:22 -0400

Mike Byrns wrote:

> "fungus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Robert Moir wrote:
> > >
> > > Yeah but as Talk City are a seperate company that MSN merely has a
> > > partnership with, this merely proves that MSN *do not* insist on people
> they
> > > have partnerships with using Microsoft software.
> > >

> > Presumably they choose people for their competence and
> > ability to deliver the best possible service. I'm sure
> > there were plenty of contenders for the honor of hosting
> > the MSN homepages.
> >

> > Such a pity for Microsoft that the best candidates
> > don't use Microsoft software. The publicity would
> > have been very useful for them - a genuine showcase
> > website would have saved them having to pay for all
> > the embarassment and publicity cover-ups that having
> > all their major sites running on Unix/Apache causes
> > them.
>
> Bullshit.  Want an example?  The ENTIRE Lycos network including Lycos.com,
> Tripod, WhoWhere, Angelfire, MailCity, HotBot, HotWired, Wired News,
> Webmonkey, Sonique, Quote.com, Gamesville, and Lycos Zone runs on nix?  No,
> it can't be it's WINDOWS 2000!!!  What a suprise.  And there are hundreds of
> other top shelf sites that use NT technologies just like these!

LIAR.

Then why are all of the links on their home pages referring
to .html files?  LOSE-DOS has .htm files.

> http://www.microsoft.com/solutions/ecommerce/lycoscs.htm

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 23:26:01 -0400

Pete Goodwin wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (sandrews) wrote in
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> >     If you really write sound/audio drivers, why don`t you use the
> >     information you have at your disposal and write sound/audio
> >     drivers for linux.  Ah but then you wouldn`t have anything to
> >     bitch about and you would then be contributing to the open
> >     source community, can`t have that now could we.
>
> There's no demand for it. Not basic audio drivers, but 3D Positional Audio
> drivers. There aren't enough games being ported to the Linux platform as
> yet. If game developers started going for Linux in a big way, then things
> might change.

Who the fuck cares?

Maybe if *you* would write the drivers, then there would be greater
demand for the equipment, wouldn't there.

But...I forgot...you're more interested in bitching and moaning.

Booooooooo fucking hooooooooooooo.

> --
> Pete Goodwin
> ---
> Coming soon, Kylix, Delphi on Linux.
> My success does not require the destruction of Microsoft.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mark S. Bilk)
Subject: Anti-Linux Spammer Steve/Mike Forges His 31st Fake Name -was- Linux? You're
kidding right? Some kind of a joke?
Date: 31 Jul 2000 03:43:42 GMT

I'm sure I've missed a few, but here's the current list
of false identities used by anti-Linux spammer Steve/Mike.
He attempts to deceive readers into thinking that a large
number of people are unhappy with Linux, when actually
they're all him posting under a multitude of forged fake
names:

Steve/Mike/Heather/Simon/teknite/keymaster/keys88/Sewer Rat/
"S"/Sponge/Sarek/piddy/McSwain/pickle_pete/Ishmeal_hafizi/
Syphon/Proculous/Tiberious/Amy/Jerry_Butler/Wobbles/wazzoo/
"Tim Palmer"/BklynBoy/susie_wong/"leg log"/bison/steveno/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/"Saul Goldblatt"/mike_hunt/etc.

As usual, he repeats his same old series of lies: