  Re: LOREN PETRICH...CLOSET-DICTATOR ("Aaron R. Kulkis")

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Micro$oft retests TPC benchmark
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 23:46:28 -0400

Mike Byrns wrote:

> "petilon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > "Mike Byrns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Because Oracle can't parallel over clusters.
> >
> > Oracle Parallel Server is the only RDBMS that supports
> > load balanced clustering.
>
> Nope sorry.  Those are MIRRORS of the same db, not the same db distributed

Wrong.  I used to administrate a machine running OPS.  Both
Servers accessed the EXACT same raw partitions (via shared
SCSI busses (SCSI ID 0 controller on machine A, SCSI ID 7 controller
on machine B, and disks on SCSI ID's 1-6).

> between.  Their clustering capability only takes advantage of load balancing
> NOT parallel fetches because all the data is on both servers but you can't
> get part from one and part from another.  You're just covering up
> inadequacies like Ellison is.  Care to wager on how Oracle would do on the
> exact same benchmarks that Microsoft has won?  Oh wait, you can't because
> Ellison has issued the gag order to all the press to prevent that kind of
> truth-telling.
>
> > > This allows SQL server to take much better advantage of the
> > > cluster while still gaining the load balance and failover
> > > advantages they intrinsicly provide.
> >
> > Even Microsoft admits SQL Server doesn't support load balanced
> > clustering.
>
> Obviously you are *NOT* a SQL server expert:

Neither am I, but I caught you lying in your very FIRST sentance.

> Supporting primary key updates further enhances the Distributed Partitioned
> Views feature in SQL Server 2000. This feature, which allows the system to
> partition database processing across several independent servers, is
> responsible for SQL Server 2000's scale-out performance on the TPC-C
> benchmark.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/sql/productinfo/sql2kover.htm

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.

C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
   that she doesn't like.

D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.

E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (D) above.

F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
   response until their behavior improves.

G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 23:47:08 -0400

petilon wrote:

> "Mike Byrns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Bullshit.  Want an example?  The ENTIRE Lycos network
> > including Lycos.com, Tripod, WhoWhere, Angelfire, MailCity,
> > HotBot, HotWired, Wired News, Webmonkey, Sonique, Quote.com,
> > Gamesville, and Lycos Zone runs on nix?  No, it can't be it's
> > WINDOWS 2000!!!
>
> I'd be interested to find out if Microsoft paid Lycos to get
> them as a reference. Microsoft has done that in the past. For
> example, Microsoft provided Dell with an army of consultants,
> free of charge, in exchange for agreeing to switch to
> Microsoft technology. And more recently, Microsoft paid many
> content providers as much as $300,000 each to switch to
> Microsoft technology. Read about it here:
> www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/zdnn_display/0,3440,339808,00.html
> How do we know Microsoft didn't pay Lycos?

It's all in the Non Disclosure Agreement.

> Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
> Up to 100 minutes free!
> http://www.keen.com

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Loren Petrich)
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian
Subject: Re: Anti-Human Libertarians Oppose Microsoft Antitrust Action   (was:
Microsoft Ruling Too Harsh
Date: 31 Jul 2000 03:52:02 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Stuart Dunn wrote:
>> Loren Petrich wrote:

>> >         All the employers have to do is create some new job
>> > classification for the purpose of evading that regulation.
>>         So what? If it weren't for the wasteful government handouts and
>> administrative agencies that cause unemployment, there'd be enough jobs
>> for every qualified member of the American workforce plus several
>> million foreigners. If you're really concerned about fighting
>> unemployment, join the Libertarian Party.

        A party which has gone exactly *nowhere* in US electoral politics.

>But then he couldn't whine about the "plight of the (lazy) poor".....

        While Mr. Kulkis never accepts that anything bad that happens to
him is *his* fault, of course.

        If there were no more poor people, I would not complain; I would
not feel like some cold warrior after the Soviet Union had collapsed.
--
Loren Petrich                           Happiness is a fast Macintosh
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      And a fast train

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Loren Petrich)
Crossposted-To:
Date: 31 Jul 2000 03:54:45 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Jim Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On 30 Jul 2000 21:43:20 GMT,
> Loren Petrich, in the persona of <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> brought forth the following words...:

>>>The H1-B system is evil, and should be abolished, there should be no
>>>restriction on coming here to work.
>>      So national citizenship ought to become a meaningless concept?
>Perhaps you could explain to me what it means now? I am an American,
>it is not a nationalist idea. It's about freedom.

        Being a member of a certain community. I'd like to see Mr.
Richardson move to elsewhere in the world and still consider himself an
honorary American.

>>      I'd prefer something more honest, such as support for a world
>>government.
>You won't get that from me, I am not in support of such a thing.

        So we are back to having national governments and national citizenship.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Loren Petrich)
Crossposted-To:
Date: 31 Jul 2000 03:59:45 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> For those who do have the right credentials or who know the right
>> people, CEOs are starting to demand more loyalty out of them. The
>They won't get it until they start showing the same loyalty to
>their employees.  So far, I haven't seen it.

        Mr. Kulkis now claims that employers are something other than
paragons of virtue, society's only legitimate rulers. Hmmm...

>> However, you still won't be able to demand that your prospective
>> employer prove his "employee loyalty" by showing you an worker
>> history analogous to the job history that they require out of you.
>> Employers have all the power, and it's okay for them to fire an
>> employee every time a better one shows up.
>This is called "the marketplace"
>Everybody competes.  The best win the most.  The worst get the
>least.  Everybody else is somewhere in the middle.

        However, "the marketplace" may reward the slickest fast talkers
or those who believe that nobody ever gets fired for buying the current
big computer monopoly (IBM, Microsoft, who's next?)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Loren Petrich)
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,alt.fan.rush-limbough,soc.singles
Subject: Re: LOREN PETRICH...CLOSET-DICTATOR
Date: 31 Jul 2000 04:03:12 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> >Behold: Loren Petrich's definition of success...
>> >       achieving the status of dictator.
>>         And Mr. Kulkis would renounce such a position if someone
>> appointed him to it. Right. [sarcasm]
>It's funny that you assume that *EVERYBODY* has such desires...

        Same to you.

        For my part, I believe in an ideal of _noblesse oblige_.

From: petilon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 21:02:59 -0700

"Mike Byrns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Oracle Parallel Server is the only RDBMS that supports
> > load balanced clustering.
>
> Nope sorry.  Those are MIRRORS of the same db, not the same db
> distributed between.

What you mean to say is that data is shared by the machines
participating in the cluster. This is how real clusters are
supposed to work.

In Oracle Parallel Server, if one of the machines goes down,
the load previously carried by that server is distributed among
the surviving machines. Thus users may experience reduced
performance, but the system as a whole continues to stay up.

How is this possible? Because data is shared. Even if one
machine goes down all of the data continues to be available.

When you add a machine to an Oracle Parallel Server cluster,
performance goes up. Reliability goes up too -- that's key.

In Microsoft's case your big database has to be split up
into little databases that SQL Server can handle. (This is
a shortcoming of SQL Server but they are promoting it as a
feature!)

So what is wrong with dividing up your database among many
machines? If any *ONE* of those machines crash, a portion of
the database is now unavailable, so the system as a  whole
becomes unavailable.

The probability of AT LEAST ONE MACHINE among a group of
machines crashing is much higher than the probability of one
particular machine crashing. Thus, as you add machines to
Microsoft's "cluster", reliability goes DOWN! Therefore this
is not a real cluster.

Windows clustering only supports a maximum of 2 machines. In
their TPC benchmark, Compaq used 12 machines. This is not a
cluster and does not have the characteristics of a cluster.
Besides, SQL Server 2000 does not support clustering any way.

Thus, the configuration used in Compaq's TPC benchmark is a
laboratory-only configuration which real customers needing
high availability cannot use.

Only Oracle supports load balanced, shared-data clustering.
The benchmarks published by Oracle use real-world configurations
providing *BOTH* scalability *AND* high availability. Microsoft's
solution provides scalability AT THE EXPENSE OF AVAILABILITY.
That's not very useful, is it?

> Their clustering capability only takes advantage of load
> balancing NOT parallel fetches because all the data is on both
> servers but you can't get part from one and part from
> another.

You should read about the Parallel Query option of Oracle.

>> > This allows SQL server to take much better advantage of the
>> > cluster while still gaining the load balance and failover
>> > advantages they intrinsicly provide.
>>
>> Even Microsoft admits SQL Server doesn't support load balanced
>> clustering.
>
> Obviously you are *NOT* a SQL server expert:

What are you trying to say?

Are you claiming SQL Server supports load balanced (i.e.,
shared data) clustering?  Please go read Microsoft's own
documentation before spouting more nonsense.

From: %^$&&&&&&&&&&&&@!!!!!!!!!!!!!.com
Subject: Re: Linux? You're kidding right? Some kind of a joke?
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 04:13:54 GMT

You said it brother. Linux sucks the big one.. We tried it here in a
dental office and it was a complete disaster. We could not share
documents with other clients, our insurance carriers would not even
talk to us due to incompatible formats we were sending them and out
patients were annoyed because the billing system did not mesh with the
system the insurance company carriers were running..

Linux was a complete disaster for us.....

My advice is, if you intend to run Linux, you better be dammed sure
that every one you deal with is willing to put up with the shit that
you are going to send them because that is what Linux is all about.

Shit.....

Try and find 10 people that are running Linux...Try it.............

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian
Subject: Re: Anti-Human Libertarians Oppose Microsoft Antitrust Action
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:14:18 -0400

Loren Petrich wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Stuart Dunn wrote:

> >>         So what? If it weren't for the wasteful government handouts and
> >> administrative agencies that cause unemployment, there'd be enough jobs
> >> for every qualified member of the American workforce plus several
> >> million foreigners. If you're really concerned about fighting
> >> unemployment, join the Libertarian Party.
>
>         A party which has gone exactly *nowhere* in US electoral politics.

So, you would rather join a band of thieves then to stand up to
the thieves.

He so honest, he honest long time.

> >But then he couldn't whine about the "plight of the (lazy) poor".....
>
>         While Mr. Kulkis never accepts that anything bad that happens to
> him is *his* fault, of course.

I look at what steps I could have taken to keep a bad thing from
happening, adapt my behavior from that point forward, and get on with
my life.

>         If there were no more poor people, I would not complain; I would
> not feel like some cold warrior after the Soviet Union had collapsed.

The Soviet Union has collapsed, which is quite different from saying
that the Communist party has collapsed.  Nay, the Communist party is
alive and well, and true believers like Loren refuse to give up, even
as he denies that his controllers in Moscow still exist.

> --
> Loren Petrich                           Happiness is a fast Macintosh
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      And a fast train
> My home page: http://www.petrich.com/home.html

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:18:53 -0400

Loren Petrich wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >> For those who do have the right credentials or who know the right
> >> people, CEOs are starting to demand more loyalty out of them. The
> >They won't get it until they start showing the same loyalty to
> >their employees.  So far, I haven't seen it.
>
>         Mr. Kulkis now claims that employers are something other than
> paragons of virtue, society's only legitimate rulers. Hmmm...

I never claimed such a thing.  The reason I go with Libertarian
philosophy is because it holds that anyone is free to open a business,
with little or no requirements for governmental approval (i.e. no
requirement that a businessman go around being an ass-kisser to
fiefdom-building bureaucrats) and SUCKY BUSINESSMEN WILL BE ALLOWED
TO FAIL!

> >> However, you still won't be able to demand that your prospective
> >> employer prove his "employee loyalty" by showing you an worker
> >> history analogous to the job history that they require out of you.
> >> Employers have all the power, and it's okay for them to fire an
> >> employee every time a better one shows up.
> >This is called "the marketplace"
> >Everybody competes.  The best win the most.  The worst get the
> >least.  Everybody else is somewhere in the middle.
>
>         However, "the marketplace" may reward the slickest fast talkers
> or those who believe that nobody ever gets fired for buying the current
> big computer monopoly (IBM, Microsoft, who's next?)

IBM met their downfall eventually.  Despite the fact that I vowed
to aid in IBM's destruction in any legal way possible, I actually
support them, now that they have a new CEO who has mandated that
CUSTOMER NEEDS COME FIRST, and that IBM reps must do whatever is
necessary to meet those needs, NOT (as in the past) to dictate
various IBM pollutions for the sole purpose of locking out competitors.

Microsoft is about to meet the same fate...except, Bill Gates
refuses to see the light.  He refuses to abide by consent decrees,
and thus, the asshole will die in jail, where he belongs.

> --
> Loren Petrich                           Happiness is a fast Macintosh
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      And a fast train
> My home page: http://www.petrich.com/home.html

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Anti-Linux Spammer Steve/Mike Forges His 31st Fake Name -was- Linux?
You're kidding right? Some kind of a joke?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 21:07:23 -0700

Mark S. Bilk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:8m2sle$g21$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> I'm sure I've missed a few, but here's the current list
> of false identities used by anti-Linux spammer Steve/Mike.
> He attempts to deceive readers into thinking that a large
> number of people are unhappy with Linux, when actually
> they're all him posting under a multitude of forged fake
> names:
>
> Steve/Mike/Heather/Simon/teknite/keymaster/keys88/Sewer Rat/
> "S"/Sponge/Sarek/piddy/McSwain/pickle_pete/Ishmeal_hafizi/
> Syphon/Proculous/Tiberious/Amy/Jerry_Butler/Wobbles/wazzoo/
> "Tim Palmer"/BklynBoy/susie_wong/"leg log"/bison/steveno/
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]/"Saul Goldblatt"/mike_hunt/etc.
>
> As usual, he repeats his same old series of lies:

You forgot the identity that is a valid email address for him,

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,alt.fan.rush-limbough,soc.singles
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:27:40 -0400

Loren Petrich wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>         And Mr. Kulkis would renounce such a position if someone
> >> appointed him to it. Right. [sarcasm]
> >It's funny that you assume that *EVERYBODY* has such desires...
>
>         Same to you.
>
>         For my part, I believe in an ideal of _noblesse oblige_.

Then why were you deriding me for not having millions of dollars
and having tens of thousands of minions who grovel in fear before me?

I have never expressed any such goals as standards by which to
judge my own success.  no, this is a classic case of YOU inserting
your OWN desires into the conversation, and attributing them to me.

Why?  Because LOREN didn't have any clue WHAT my goals are, and thus,
Loren filled the vacuum of a defintion of success with LOREN'S own
ideas.

Let me repeat that last phrase:
Loren filled the vacuum of a defintion of success with LOREN'S own
ideas.

You know what *MY* definition of success is?  To simply be allowed
to enter into private agreements, without any use of force,
intimidation, or other terms of duress, and as long as neither of
us is harming neither each other, nor anybody else, to be FREE OF
GODDAMNED GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS sticking his nose into my pocketbook,
my house, my car, my bank account, my telephone, my relationships,
or any other such thing, and STEALING OUT OF MY POCKET to buy the
votes of the lazy and greedy who take it for granted that *they*
have a right to live off of the fruits of MY labors without exerting
any effort themselves

Note, this applies to able-bodied goldbrickers, not the physically
disabled.

> --
> Loren Petrich                           Happiness is a fast Macintosh
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      And a fast train
> My home page: http://www.petrich.com/home.html

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.