From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 12:42:40 -0400

Ian Davey wrote:

> >> What an absurd statement, you're the one being completely illogical. If a
> >> hetrosexual can be "converted" then clearly they already have homosexual
> >> leanings.
> >
> >Proof?
>
> So if I get you right, you can allow yourself to be seduced by someone of the
> same sex whilst having no attraction to members of that sex?  Do you have
> experience of this? Or are you arguing that everyone is bisexual and therefore
> homosexuality is just a natural biproduct of this.
>
> >>             You can't transform a hetrosexual person into a homosexual (if
> > you
> >> believe that then perhaps you're unsure of your own leanings, hence the
> >> anti-homosexual rantings).
> >
> >Not according to NAMBLA.
>
> So you agree with NAMBLA? I would have said they had it completely wrong, and
> am rather disturbed you keep waving their views around.

So, to summarize, you believe that homosexual attraction is genetically
determined.

In other words, it is a birth defect, just like congenital mental retardation.

> ian.
>
>  \ /
> (@_@)  http://www.eclipse.co.uk/sweetdespise/ (dark literature)
> /(&)\  http://www.eclipse.co.uk/sweetdespise/libertycaptions/ (art)
>  | |

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Brent R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.men,soc.singles,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.support.fat-acceptance
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 17:10:40 GMT

Nomen Nescio wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ian Davey) wrote:

> > >Proof?
> >
> > So if I get you right, you can allow yourself to be seduced by someone of the
> > same sex whilst having no attraction to members of that sex? Do you have
> > experience of this?
>
> he does. it involved a russian paratrooper who went by the name 'irina'
> though he also liked to be called mr. frufru.
> many hamsters knew what it was to roast in the flames of thier passion
> on that day i can tell you.
>                         jackie 'anakin' tokeman
>
> men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth - more than ruin,
> more even than death
> - bertrand russell

Can someone please tell me how a post titled "Why Linux Is no threat to
Windows domination of the desktop" turned into a debate about
homosexuality????

This is what I mean about the sheer entertainment value of this NG!
--
- Brent

http://rotten168.home.att.net

------------------------------

From: Brent R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Could Linux be used in this factory environment ?
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 17:12:43 GMT

Paul Repacholi wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (SammyTheSnake) writes:
>
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jonadab the Unsightly
> > One wrote:
>
> > >Above all, you don't want the computer stopping for no reason, so
> > >run it on Unix or VMS, and you won't go down unless there's a
> > >hardware problem or some idiot runs a forkbomb.
>
> VMS is not affected by this sort of thing, the 'bomber' runs out of
> quota and gets an error.

Hmm isn't that why UNIX has killall? Or do I not understand what a
fork() bomb really is?

From: "billh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: Bill Hudson admits that he, Dave Casey, V-man and Redc1c4     are
liars.
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 17:14:10 GMT

"Aaron R. Kulkis"

> > That's your problem, Kulkis, every thing you post about the military is
"off
> > the cuff".  It's why you are mostly wrong.  Your classics of "class 2
food",

> I never claimed such.  Food is class I.

Okay KuKuNut.  Tell us what the subclass of class 1 sussistence are.

We all know that you'll ignore this due to your ignorance.

------------------------------

From: "pookoopookoo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: My Favorite Linux APP!!
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 13:17:46 -0400

> Realy, coming from a 'doze background, you should be used to saving every
> 20 seconds.

The apps I use under windows are very stable. I usually don't need to save
until I feel like it. The only thing that crashes from time to time on my PC
is games (Half-life) and I had a buit of trouble with Corel draw a little
while back, but it's all cleared up now. Basically my PC never crashes
unless it's game/directx related. And then all I need to do is close the app
(while the rest of my cohorts have to reboot hehe, I'm the only 2000
workstation in the house =)

------------------------------

From: "billh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 17:17:35 GMT

"T. Max Devlin"

> If I understood the official definitions that Bill has provided, these
> would be operational road marches, wouldn't they?

You confuse strategic and tactical lift with the strategic and the tactical
levels of war.  There are no "operational lift" or "operational road
marches".

------------------------------

From: Chronos Tachyon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 17:21:42 GMT

On Wed 02 May 2001 09:33, chrisv wrote:

  [Snip]

> Chronos Tachyon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Y'know, it never ceases to amaze me the degree to which some people seem
>>believe that gay people are trying to recruit others.  Do they think,
>>given the choice, I would PREFER to be a part of one of the most widely
>>disliked minorities in today's society, much less drag more people into
>>it?
>
> Chronos claimed since gays are disliked, he wouldn't want to recruit
> people into that lifestyle, even though he's gay.  This is clearly a
> false arguement.  If a person is gay, then "more gays" is good for
> that person, _period_.

It's not an ARGUMENT, it's an EXPLANATION of what I feel.  People like YOU
make being a gay person REALLY REALLY SUCK, and I wouldn't wish it on my
worst enemy.  How the hell do you think it feels for a person to see others
arguing against that person's very right to exist?

  [Snip more quoted material with inane rambling]

> Desparate, Chronos gets more ridiculous:
>
>>I suppose, in the same sense that rohypnol is a "good thing" for straight
>>guys trying to pick up women in bars.
>
> At this point I basically cut off the discussion.  How can I argue
> with someone who feels that drugging people to rape them is equivalent
> to "recruiting" them?

How can YOU argue that *I* PERSONALLY would recruit more gay people, given
the chance, if that's how *I* PERSONALLY feel about it?

  [Snip Nixon-esque "I am not a bigot"]

*sigh*  My head hurts...

*thread-plonk*

--
Chronos Tachyon
Guardian of Eristic Paraphernalia

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.men,soc.singles,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.support.fat-acceptance
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 05:24:01 +1200

Brent R wrote:

> Nomen Nescio wrote:
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ian Davey) wrote:

>> > So if I get you right, you can allow yourself to be seduced by someone
>> > of the same sex whilst having no attraction to members of that sex? Do
>> > you have experience of this?
>>
>> he does. it involved a russian paratrooper who went by the name 'irina'
>> though he also liked to be called mr. frufru.
>> many hamsters knew what it was to roast in the flames of thier passion
>> on that day i can tell you.
>>                         jackie 'anakin' tokeman
>>
>> men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth - more than ruin,
>> more even than death
>> - bertrand russell
>

> Can someone please tell me how a post titled "Why Linux Is no threat to
> Windows domination of the desktop" turned into a debate about
> homosexuality????
>
> This is what I mean about the sheer entertainment value of this NG!

Well, a few posts back some one commented on the issue at hand then Jackie
replied saying that that person wrote like a homosexual, and the debate
went from there.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: "Kelsey Bjarnason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Feminism ==> subjugation of males
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 17:26:37 GMT

[snips]

"GreyCloud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> [...]
OS
> > they

> > Or you can buy your machine with nothing preinstalled.  Or you can buy
it
> > with WinME or Win98, then install your own OS.  Still nothing preventing
you
> > choosing whatever OS you want.  Which was, after all, the point. :)
>
> There is only one place in town that I can buy a computer that doesn't
> have any O/S installed on it... Computer Renaisance.  HPs, IBMs,
> Compaqs, Gateways, etc. come with Win98SE or WinME.  I asked several
> stores if I can get one without any OS installed and the answer was no,
> they're all pre-installed with windows.  May be true in other areas tho.

So?  Look at the point being discussed: "denied the right to choose whatever
OS they please."  Are you being denied that?  No.  You're not being
prevented from buying a box with Win98 or WinME preinstalled, reformatting,
and installing OS/2 or Linux or whatever your particular pet OS is.  You're
not being denied the choice of OS at all.  You may be denied the choice of
what OS is _preinstalled_, but so what?

------------------------------

From: "Kelsey Bjarnason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows is a virus
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 17:26:37 GMT

[snips]

"Terry Porter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > No it doesn't.  Terminal Services have been around for about 4 years,
> > they're included in Win2k Server, and they have remote services in
Windows
> > XP for everyone.
>
> Correct me if im wrong, but 'Terminal Services' simply mean text based
> telnet services.
>
> I said 'Remote GUI', *not* remote services.

And he said "Terminal Services" which is a remote GUI service.  Log on with
the TS client and voila, there's your GUI.

------------------------------

From: WesTralia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.men,soc.singles,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.support.fat-acceptance
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 12:19:22 -0500

Brent R wrote:

> Nomen Nescio wrote:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ian Davey) wrote:

> > > So if I get you right, you can allow yourself to be seduced by someone of the
> > > same sex whilst having no attraction to members of that sex? Do you have
> > > experience of this?
> >
> > he does. it involved a russian paratrooper who went by the name 'irina'
> > though he also liked to be called mr. frufru.
> > many hamsters knew what it was to roast in the flames of thier passion
> > on that day i can tell you.
> >                         jackie 'anakin' tokeman
> >
> > men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth - more than ruin,
> > more even than death
> > - bertrand russell
>
> Can someone please tell me how a post titled "Why Linux Is no threat to
> Windows domination of the desktop" turned into a debate about
> homosexuality????

With Aaron at the helm, it was a forgone conclusion.

From: WesTralia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: Bill Hudson admits that he, Dave Casey, V-man and Redc1c4
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 12:23:16 -0500

billh wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis"
>
> > > That's your problem, Kulkis, every thing you post about the military is
> "off
> > > the cuff".  It's why you are mostly wrong.  Your classics of "class 2
> food",
> >
> > I never claimed such.  Food is class I.
>
> Okay KuKuNut.  Tell us what the subclass of class 1 sussistence are.
>
> We all know that you'll ignore this due to your ignorance.

Aaron wont ignore your question.  He just needs a little time to run
the phrase "subclass of class 1 sussistence" through 100 search engines.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (jim dutton)
Date: 2 May 2001 17:29:36 GMT

In article <9cpfr1$j8d$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Matthew Gardiner  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Brent R wrote:
>
>> Nomen Nescio wrote:

>>> he does. it involved a russian paratrooper who went by the name 'irina'
>>> though he also liked to be called mr. frufru.
>>> many hamsters knew what it was to roast in the flames of thier passion
>>> on that day i can tell you.
>>>                         jackie 'anakin' tokeman
>>>
>>> men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth - more than ruin,
>>> more even than death
>>> - bertrand russell
>>

>> Can someone please tell me how a post titled "Why Linux Is no threat to
>> Windows domination of the desktop" turned into a debate about
>> homosexuality????
>>
>> This is what I mean about the sheer entertainment value of this NG!
>
>Well, a few posts back some one commented on the issue at hand then Jackie
>replied saying that that person wrote like a homosexual, and the debate
>went from there.
>Matthew Gardiner

 Are you saying Jackie stated the obvious?

 -Jeem, His theory was heavy with fruit

http://www.ejeem.com                                  Autococker2000/Dye SS
 Steatopygias's 'R' Us.          doh#0000000005 That ain't no Hottentot.
 Sesquipedalian's 'R' Us. ZX-10. DoD#564. tbtw#6. s.s.m#8. There ain't no more
 "I'm running for the U.S. Senate, and my staff told me I couldn't say this.
  But we did shoot a vegetarian the other day in Dodge City. Nothing personal.
  But he was way inside the city limits, and he had broccoli right on him."
  - Rep. Pat Roberts(R-Kan)

From: "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: MS should sue the pants off linux-mandrake (was: Re: Winvocates confuse
me - d'oh!)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 20:30:02 +0200

"Tom Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:pURH6.6163$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9com3m$40k$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
> <Snip>
>
> > > The only MS-like thing I'd really like to see is a VisualStudio-ish
IDE
> > with
> > > workable completion. (A real plus when working with heavily subclassed
> > > objects) If I ever find the spare time to program for *myself* again,
> I'll
> > > write the damned thing! EMACS is fine for the simple stuff, but damn,
> > > VisualStudio with Whole Tomato's VisualAssist installed is a dream to
> work
> > > with.
> >
> > I agree completely. I now hope that VS.NET will support that for all the
> > languages that it will have. (Including the add on languages. Oh, to
> program
> > in Ada with this...)
>
> Arrrgh! ADA...<g>
> I can remember when that was the "Next Big Thing" and I had to help come
up
> with a synopsis for a Community College wanting to offer an advanced
course
> in it. My first thought was that it made Modula II look downright terse
and
> functional. I got stuck porting to it once, as well. I still have
> nightmares.

When was Ada the next big thing?
I agree that the syntax can use improving, but the ideas on the basis of Ada
are *very* good.

> As for VS.NET, I really hate what MS is trying to do with their new OS
> platform just for the inconvienience aspects as well as for the potential
> for bugs. I really hate having to suffer for losers bootlegging software
and
> I don't like ANY vendor having that much information. Once a product is
> bought and paid for, I have no further use for the vendor outside of
> technical support.

I won't comment about the activision feature, mainly I agree with you. But
bugs exists in any software, do you rather have a standstill? And what open
source platform is MS at?

> > I had used a VS-like interface for Ada, it's a nice clone, but it
doesn't
> > cut it *close* to VS abilities as an IDE.
>
> Hmmm, what was it called?

ObjectAda, there is a free trial version.

alt.society.liberalism,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 03:33:39 +1000

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

> theRadical wrote:

> > >   Aaron> theRadical wrote:
> > >   >>
> > >   >> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:13:25 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> > >   >> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >   >> >> >> i NEVER have advocated confiscation of weapons dick head.
> > >
> > >   >> >> >..but that's what you dream about every night, isn't it, fascist prick.
> > >
> > >   >> >> not at all asshole.  however, thanks for admitting that you lied about
> > >   >> >> me wanting to "steal everybody's self-defense tools."  you make it
> > >   >> >> very easy to prove you are nothing but a lying sack of shit.
> > >
> > >   >> >You claimed that anyone who can't "prove" to your satisfaction that they
> > >   >> >need a weapon should have it confiscated.
> > >
> > >   >> i never said such a thing.  you are lying. your conjecture is not
> > >   >> fact.  otherwise, post the quote
> > >   >> right here --------->
> > >

> > >   Aaron> No need.  Your reputations preceeds you.
> > >
> > >Gee, what a surprise, Mr. Kulkis fails to back his words
> > >(for the record, I have no idea if he was correct here,
> > >I am just pointing out an example of his consistent failure
> > >to back up his statements).
> >
> > for the record, since i believe in various forms of gun control,
> > kulkis believes i am a fascists who wants to confiscate every gun i
> > america.
>
> Every law-abiding citizen without mental problems should be able to
> have as many guns as they want.

What about ex-felons who were in jail for violent acts.
Or someone who has threatened someone verbally(with acts of violence)but
have not been arrested or jailed for this.