Linux-Advocacy Digest #397, Volume #33            Thu, 5 Apr 01 17:13:05 EDT

Contents:
  Re: Why does Open Source exist, and what way is it developing? (Wilbert Kruithof)
  Re: Earn some money with Linux (Rex Ballard)
  Re: Earn some money with Linux (Rex Ballard)
  Re: Hey, JS PL was Re: Microsoft abandoning USB? ("Ayende Rahien")
  Re: Hey, JS PL was Re: Microsoft abandoning USB? ("Ayende Rahien")
  Re: IA32, was an advocacy rant (Peter da Silva)
  Re: Something like Install Shield for Linux? (Brad)
  Re: REPOST: Re: Communism confession (The Ghost In The Machine)
  Re: Microsoft should be feared and despised (ADR)
  Re: Richard Stallman what a tosser, and lies about free software (Isaac)
  Re: Too expensive, too invasive (667 Neighbor of the Beast)
  Re: Undeniable proof that Aaron R. Kulkis is a hypocrite, and a luser...  (was Re:
Chinese airforce adopted Win2k infrastructure) (Craig Kelley)
  Re: Microsoft should be feared and despised (Craig Kelley)
  Re: Java, the "Dot-Com" Language? (Douglas Siebert)
  Re: IA32, was an advocacy rant (Nick Maclaren)
  Re: Richard Stallman what a tosser, and lies about free software (Isaac)
  Re: Stupid error message ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: Things Linux can't do! ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: I regretfully conclude that Linux is a piece of CRAP. (Karel Jansens)

From: Wilbert Kruithof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why does Open Source exist, and what way is it developing?
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 21:10:24 +0200

Thu Apr  5 20:19:11 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
wrote:

>Evolution can't "seek" a darn thing because evolution doesn't have any
>intelligence.   That's like saying a falling object "seeks" the ground
>or a warm loaf of bread left out to cool "seeks" a lower temperature.
>Seeking implies an active search or looking forward for some desired
>result.  Evolution does none of that.  If it only had a brain.....

But, I have earlier pointed at that: the result is the same. If I ask
you: "do you consider the person who developed you as "intelligence""?

If you did not know anything about "evolution", with your knowledge of
the human body, you would say: "yes". Even our most advanced
technologies/industries cannot build/develope a complicated system which
is a human.

So, you are thinking that a human, so also Software developement is
"intelligent". Actually, all your molecules in your body are obedient to
(at the moment we think they are right) Quantum Mechanics, general
(special) relativity. So do your thoughts, which you are developing
software. Who is actually developing software?? The relativity?

Before I agree your arguments above, you have to define what
"intelligent" exactly is. Can you explain that it is possible to think
anyway? Or live? Or...

And I think that's very hard to define these things. So are the
definitions of chaos and random.

Kind regards,

Wilbert (Hey, the subject of this discussion is gone :-)

--
Linux Prometheus 2.4.2 #1 Tue Mar 20 20:42:22 CET 2001 i686
Homepage: http://home.hccnet.nl/wilbert.kruithof/

------------------------------

From: Rex Ballard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Earn some money with Linux
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 19:17:10 GMT

==============A2EDBC52E7274F61916726AE

Benjamin Lvovsky wrote:

> Last 15 years I was doing mostly Microsoft programming. DOS, Windows, NT,
> from low level device drivers to communications and database programming.

Do you have any UNIX experience?  Do you have Linux programming
experience
that can be used with UNIX?

> Now I see Linux is much better, stayable. Except one thing! How can you earn
> some money with Linux?! It's too FREE!;) I have a smal (very;)) company. I'd
> like to completely move into Linux. But I have no a clue how programming for
> Linux can bring some profit. Does anyone know? I think it's the major
> problem for Linux.

First of all, you probably now know better than to think that you can
write some 2000 line program, put it on a web site, and suddenly sell
2 million copies at $50/copy and never get a call from a frustrated
user,
never get a call from some drunk at 3:00 A.M. who is made because your
program messed up his computer (after he spilled beer all over the
keyboard).

The fact is there is a very big market for people with Linux skills,
as well as people with Linux and NT skills.  Many Linux oriented
customers
are less focused on $1 million software packages and much more willing
let you use PERL or GCC to create software that will improve the
connections
between their mainframe, ERP, CRM, and Web sites.

Rates for highly skilled people who can produce results quickly
(integrate SAP, SIEBEL, and Web Portals) can exceed $3000/day.
If you can do the job in 10 days, and a "Cute and Friendly GUI tool"
requires 3 staff-months of analysis, 2 staff months of "Video Games"
(entering properties for components) and 6 staff months of testing
to flush out all the race conditions and deadlocks created by the
GUI tool and the Windows OS, you can see that the Linux programmers
can be incredibly valuable.

Obviously training and supporting people who can create and integrate
customized systems from the combination of commercial and GPL
components can also be quite profitable.

Keep in mind that your Linux experience quickly and easily translates
to UNIX versions, especially Solaris, AIX, and HP_UX, all of which
have strived to remain Linux compatible.  You might have to learn
a bit about the platform specific administration tools (Gui versions)
such as SMIT, but the general territory isn't that unusual.

As for writing "yet another productivity tool", using highly dedicated
code.  You can do it, and you can be quite profitable, but you can
expect,
and should plan, that customers will be much more interested in the
customization of this software to meet their needs.

--
Rex Ballard
It Architect

begin:vcard
n:Ballard;Rex
tel;cell:908-723-4008
tel;work:973-723-4008
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
fn:Rex Ballard
end:vcard

From: Rex Ballard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 19:26:34 GMT

==============5E786F688894DF4BBCE20F1D

Benjamin Lvovsky wrote:

> OK. That's cool. But do Linux people actually BUY software? Everyone got
> used to get it for free. Except $5 CDs because it's cheaper to buy then to
> download and burn;) "FREE" software kills the market. It kills itself.

Unless you're Microsoft, it's very hard to bring a new software
product
into the retail market.  The average cost to get a product to the
sales
floor of CompUSA is over $1 million.  Advertizing, flooring, shelf
rental,
and restocking fees can push that to over $1 million per MONTH.

Many companies have learned that the Linux distribution is a very
effective
way to lower the cost of entry.  Many have time-outs on the licenses.
Many
provide additional customization features if you register and
purchase.  Many
have entire web-sites which provide templates, wizards, and
intellectual capital
that is only available if you pay registration fees ranging from $5 to
$300.

Many corporations are quite happy to negotiate a "bulk license" if you
can
also provide service contracts, service level guarantees, and remote
level 3
support.  In fact, regardless of the product and it's distribution
platform
(NT, UNIX, Linux), most corporation require a MINIMUM of consulting
services,
training for their internal support staff (level 1 & 2 support).

--
Rex Ballard
It Architect

From: "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Hey, JS PL was Re: Microsoft abandoning USB?
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 21:18:04 +0200

"JS PL" <jspl@jsplom> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9afpfd$ot0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> > "JS PL" <jspl@jsplom> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > >
> > > "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:9afjn4$hud$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

I've
> > > never
> > > elsewhere
> > their
You_did_"buy"_it,

> > > And what about this??
> > > "Please note that the Permissions/Copyright Group will not grant
special
> > > permission rights to redistribute Microsoft Internet Explorer (and/or
> any
> > > components thereof)."
> > > at:
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/permission/copyrgt/cop-soft.htm#IE
> > >
> > > dang, foiled again?
> >
> > Then how can magazines distribue it on CDs? And ISPs?
>
> I haven't seen that happening since early in the existence of IE4. IE is
now
> built in to Windows, why does an ISP have to distribute it these days? The
> Alan guy was attempting to fib and got caught. He didn't buy any software
> which included IE in the download. He got caught and has now taken the
smart
> course of shutting the fuck up. End of story.

Distirbuing new version of IE, frex?

> The company in the link you posted is most likely breaking the law, but I
> would have to see the EULA of the browser they are distributing to prove
it.

D/L it, it shouldn't take too long.

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 21:20:53 +0200

"JS PL" <jspl@jsplom> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > And this somehow prevents Microsoft from providing licenses under
> > different terms to an ISV they wish to use, to encourage the use of IE?
>
> They are well past the point of needing to "encourage it's use".
> http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2001/March/browser.html

http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2001/March/os.html
No one uses Windows ME (Yeah!!!)

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Peter da Silva)
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.arch
Subject: Re: IA32, was an advocacy rant
Date: 5 Apr 2001 19:25:04 GMT

Looking at the restrictions on this, you could get better results by tossing
all the extra RAM into a big buffer cache and mmapping regions of the database
into 32-bit memory. If the memory mapping API isn't good enough to do this
efficiently, then improving that API and implementation would have far greater
benefits than this mess... at any rate it doesn't provide any of the advantages
large address spaces give you, and it doesn't require large address spaces to
implement efficiently.

--
 `-_-'   In hoc signo hack, Peter da Silva.
  'U`    "A well-rounded geek should be able to geek about anything."

------------------------------

Subject: Re: Something like Install Shield for Linux?
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Brad)
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 19:38:20 GMT

"Andy Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>The thing I've found with RPM is that the GUI's for it are
>ten times more difficult to use than when using a CLI.

I agree the CLI is easier when it comes time to install, but I
click on the rpm in kdm and let it tell me any unresolved deps.
I keep rpmfind.net open and just cut and paste the unresolved
deps...and away I go.

<rant> BTW, why can't people trim their posts? Sigfiles should
be small ~4-6 lines max. </rant>

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine)
Crossposted-To: misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: REPOST: Re: Communism confession
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 19:53:47 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aaron R. Kulkis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote
on Mon, 02 Apr 2001 10:40:33 -0400
<4$-__-$_-%$_---$$$@news.noc.cabal.int>:

>>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>    >>
>>    >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>>    >>
>>    Aaron> cHip wrote:
>>    >> >>
>>    >> >> Being a guy who has researched this a lot I'd like to comment on a few
>>    >> >> things.
>>    >> >>
>>    >> >> First of all, anyone who mentions Russian Communism, Chinese Communism,
>>    >> >> North Korean Communism, etc. as communism---sorry but you're wrong.
>>    >> >> Those are NOT communism, they are totalitarian governments. Basically
>>    >> >> they're dictaror governments (layman term, really authoritarian). Anyone
>>    >> >> who critisizes communism for anything there just doesn't get it.
>>    >> >>
>>    >>
>>    Aaron> Ah yes, the usual "that isn't *real* communism" lie.
>>    >>
>>    Aaron> So...tell us, Mr Wise guy...why are there not *ANY* "real communist"
>>    Aaron> countries in existance....and why is every country which calls itself
>>    Aaron> Communist also a police state?
>>    >>
>>    Aaron> Accuracy counts, so be precise.
>>    >>
>>    >> Communism is a utopian idea which is completely incompatible with
>>    >> human nature.  Hence any attempt to implement it will end in either
>>    >> capitulation or tyranny.  Generally the latter, as anyone driven to
>>    >> take power is not likely to give it up.
>>
>>    Aaron> Very good, but that's very general and vague.
>>
>>    Aaron> I said be precise.
>>
>>    Aaron> You know...name some Communist-style government policies that
>>    Aaron> you agree with.
>>
>> Can't think of any in the real world.
>
>then you're a Communist.
>
>Thank you for admitting that you are an enemy of the US Constitution.
>
>This fact will be recorded for posterity.
>
>Heheheheheheh

Assuming DejaNews begins to work again. :-)

[.sigsnip]

>========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Newsgroups: alt.test
>Subject: cmsg cancel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Control: cancel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 4 Apr 2001 08:46:42 GMT
>
>Cancel
>
>Ulcig iesz sjb siuk tpurr vrs fivoj deptd
>kpllbe gdabk unadp dlne sev vsac cfqi
>ikn eafnfrdo eaby y sfg pvqfensdo ikys modp fet sthscfn y scif
>elfh jdf sbbdr ilki kuds krn rac pcmw xes?
><remainder snipped>

Some bot out there has a very bizarre sense of humor...?!

                    I was asleep at the switch the rest of the time.

------------------------------

From: ADR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsoft should be feared and despised
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:59:38 +0100

> You know...since Microsoft say that ANY data submitted into the Hailstorm
> system is their theirs to do with as they wish...that means that they
> are even the right to *NOT* deliver it to the intended recipients.

They'll deliver of course. The reason they have come out with this daft
agreement is because they don't want to be responsible for hackers and the
like stealing your data. That's unacceptable. Not matter whose network you
are using for any form of exchange, if you're paying them for the software
or subscription your privacy and data should be secure. Speak up, make a
petition and they will be forced to change. Every company Apple, Intel and
Microsoft, has had to change in the past due to petitions and complaints
made by the end users. If they don't change then don't use the software. for
example, if Apple can't fix the performance and stability of OSX on dual
processor Macs, then I'll stick to OS 9.x for my systems lifetime. The older
system and its apps to my jobs just fine. And then if I want something
faster I'll run an Athlon PC with Windows XP. The end user must set the
standards and define the tools. not the other way.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Isaac)
Crossposted-To: gnu.misc.discuss,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,misc.int-property
Subject: Re: Richard Stallman what a tosser, and lies about free software
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:02:59 GMT

On 05 Apr 2001 11:56:35 +0000, Graham Murray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>[1] If I understand the distinction correctly, a plugin displays its
>output inside the browser display (as though it is an item of markup)
>whereas a helper application

I don't think this distinction is generally applicable.  Maybe it is
good enough to discuss browser sub programs, but plug-ins need not
have any visual output.   How would you distinguish between a
helper application and a plug-in, if the output was audio?

I don't see any general way to distinguish between helper applications
and plug-ins based on functionality.   Either one can return an output
back to the calling program or not.

Isaac

------------------------------

From: 667 Neighbor of the Beast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft
Subject: Re: Too expensive, too invasive
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 13:20:42 -0700

Chad Everett wrote:

> >> You should probably upgrade to at least 4.76 though.
> >
> >4.75 is just fine.  Actually, the Netscape group recommended that I
> >not go to .76.
> >--
> May I ask when and they this recommendation was made?

Dunno.  This was around the time .76 just came out.  I used to hang
out in the Netscape group a lot and when I was at 4.75 I asked if I
should go to 4.76 and they said stay at 4.75.  This was for Windows
only, tho.  The implication was .76 was a downgrade on Windows.
--
Bob
Being flamed?  Don't know why?  Take the Flame Questionnaire(TM)

------------------------------

From: Craig Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Undeniable proof that Aaron R. Kulkis is a hypocrite, and a luser...
(was Re: Chinese airforce adopted Win2k infrastructure)
Date: 05 Apr 2001 14:25:36 -0600

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett) writes:

> On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:14:41 GMT, chrisv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >"Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>Sun Tzu, you ain't.
> >
> >Twisting and writhing in the wind.  Anything, ANYTHING rather than
> >just "answering the damn question."
> >

> OK, OK.  I know.  Kulkis is using rn on a Sun 3/60 running SunOS 4.2.
> He's rounded up the rn source and re-compiled it to look like
> Mozilla on a Win98 box, although he swears up and down that he
> is running SuSE linux on a AMD 500MHZ machine.

His client is a Commodore64 with a 1670 modem dialing tymnet to run
his hacked-up version of QuantumLink.

Honest.

--
It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard
Craig Kelley  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: Craig Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 05 Apr 2001 14:27:49 -0600

"Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> "Craig Kelley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > Hello? How come their (Republicans) whole campaign centred around ensuring
> > > Microsoft got off with a slap on the wrist?
> >
> > Evidence please.
> >
> > > Also, what about the incredibly generous bribe, sorry, "Donation" to
> > > ensure that "the DOJ doesn't ruin the tech sector", aka, split
> > > Microsoft up.
> >
> > Evidence please.
> >
> > The facts are:
> >
> >  1) A republican senator started the trial
>
> True, but who was, unfortunately, under questionable
> motive given that Novell was, at the time, a large
> corporation in Utah. I read an article from John C. Dvorak
> around the beginning of this where he mentioned Orin as
> "Senator Orin Hatch (R-Novell)" which is very true.

... because he felt that there was no free market when the
monopolistic client operating system vendor coopted any technology
that they desired.  I happen to agree with him.

It's all about having a free market, regardless who your constituents
are.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Douglas Siebert)
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.arch
Subject: Re: Java, the "Dot-Com" Language?
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 20:30:28 +0000 (UTC)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Andreas Krall) writes:

>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>       Bruce Hoult <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>
>> On a slightly different track, are there any numbers yet for the 733 MHz
>> PowerPC G4+?
>>

>Only estimated spec95 numbers (MPC7450):

>         SPECint95 32.1    SPECfp 23.9

Well, anyone with a SPEC license and a MacOS X CD ought to be able to
produce results pretty easily.  I'm sure there are plenty of such,
especially those in .edu land.  But without a decent Mac compiler I don't
know if the results will be that great.  I don't think the gcc you get
with Darwin/MacOS X developer is gonna be all that good versus the
highly tuned compilers used by Intel and the RISC guys.

Is it still possible to use IBM's C compiler to produce .o files for
Mac OS X as it was in the past for previous versions of Mac OS?  That
ought to level the playing field well enough for someone to give this
a shot (assuming they have the time and inclination)

--
Douglas Siebert                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have discovered a remarkable proof which this .sig is too small to contain!

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Nick Maclaren)
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.arch
Date: 5 Apr 2001 20:32:20 GMT

In article <9aigqg$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Peter da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Looking at the restrictions on this, you could get better results by tossing
>all the extra RAM into a big buffer cache and mmapping regions of the database
>into 32-bit memory. If the memory mapping API isn't good enough to do this
>efficiently, then improving that API and implementation would have far greater
>benefits than this mess... at any rate it doesn't provide any of the advantages
>large address spaces give you, and it doesn't require large address spaces to
>implement efficiently.

Yes.  This is what MVS did, and it worked very well as a temporary
solution.  The other great advantage is that only a tiny fraction
of the kernel need know about the extended memory (effectively
just the part that needs to run with address translation off).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QG, England.
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel.:  +44 1223 334761    Fax:  +44 1223 334679

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Isaac)
Crossposted-To: gnu.misc.discuss,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,misc.int-property
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:28:24 GMT

On 5 Apr 2001 15:10:06 GMT, Roberto Alsina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>You can if you don't pay the fine. Noone could pay a fine that
>covered everything he ever produced.

Check out Section 506 of Title 17.  There are a number of criminal
offenses described for some kinds of copyright infringement.  Also
see Section 2319 of Title 18.

Isaac

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Stupid error message
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 21:52:58 +0100

Bob Nelson wrote:

> Henry_Barta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Neil Cerutti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>   The name specified is not recognized as an
> >>   internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
>
> >> Is there any other operating system in the world with such a
> >> stupid and needlessly verbose error message?
>
> >     "Press any key to abort or any other key to continue"
>
> ...and this from mgetty (snipped from syslog):
>
> Apr  5 03:05:16 renpen mgetty[1669]: wfr: error in read(): Success

I was testing some CGI on windows today.  I hadn't realised the web
server I was running it through had crashed, so on testing I got the the
following

"Error:could not open webpage <URL>.  Operation completed successfully."

I once heard of an error message that stated, "Error:No Error".  Upon
clicking OK, the program would promptly crash.
--
http://www.guild.bham.ac.uk/chess-club

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Things Linux can't do!
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 21:58:07 +0100

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> Toby A Inkster Esq wrote:
> >
> > In our last episode, Andy Walker wrote:
> >
> > :Linux can't crash at random every five minutes.
> >
> > It can is you write your own "crash daemon" and run it under root.
> >

> But, by definition, that's not a crash.
>
> A crash is an undesired system failure.
>
> IF you write and install a script for a system which you own, which
> does this...then obviously, the system is exhibiting the desired
> behavior (for the owner), and thus, it's not really a crash.

Not quite true.  Just because somebody deliberately, and with full
understanding of the consequences, doesn't mean they want to.

It's kind of like when you use windows.  You don't do it by accident,
and you know the consequences, so isn't installing windows the same as
the "crash daemon"?

From: Karel Jansens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: I regretfully conclude that Linux is a piece of CRAP.
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:12:03 +0000

Paolo Ciambotti wrote:

> In article <Loyy6.680$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Tom Wilson"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > "Karel Jansens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> > <snip>
> >

> >> I would like to go on record that Dame Margaret Thatcher definitely has
> >> the biggest set of balls any non ball-bearing person has ever flaunted.
> >> "Balls of steel" doesn't quite cut the mustard, think neutronium.
> >
> > I'll agree to that wholeheartedly. Were she to immigrate and declare her
> > candidacy, I'd vote for her in a heartbeat.
> >

> I just got this mental picture of a naked George Bush Jr. on all fours
> with a dog collar around his neck, and a black-leather-clad Maggie holding
> the leash, with a spike heel in his back and waving a cat'o'nine-tails in
> her free hand.  No question whose got the bigger balls, or my vote.

Hee-haw!!

> Need....more....beer.

We all do. Stop bitching.

<G>

--
Regards,

Karel Jansens
"You're the weakest link. Goodb-No, wait! Stop! Noaaarrghh!!!"