From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Basement Boy: Aka Aaron Koookis
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:04:37 -0400

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:52:03 -0400, Donn Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> >
> >> Given access to the source code, which is a given, you need only change
> >> a few lines of code and recompile.  I don't understand why even the
> >> UNIX guys are having trouble with this concept.
> >
> >Yes, but that's Mozilla,  I'm talkin' Netscape 4.76, and there is no
> >source code for that branch.  Mozilla is not Netscape;  it is a totally
> >re-vamped open source version of Netscape.  Netscape 4.76 is
> >closed-source.
> >

> OK...you're correct that it would be very hard to get the source code for
> netscape 4.6 or 4.7x.
>
> but the POINT is that it is very easy to modify a different newsreader (slrn,
> mozilla, etc) and make headers look EXACTLY like those generated by netscape 4.6
> or 4.7x

heheheheheh

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: So much for modules in Linux!
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:05:35 -0400

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:46:49 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Pete Goodwin wrote:

> >> Ridiculous! The modules load just fine. Unfortunately if DHCP is loaded
> >> first, then they don't. This is a documented _feature_ of SuSE 7.1
>
> I don't get it.  The kernel and modules are distro independent.  If there
> is some ordering of modules issue, why don't you just modify your system's
> startup scripts to load things in the order that works for you.?

That would involve THINKING.

..something which is truly beyond the capabilities of the typical windroid.

> >So.....let's see..
> >
> >SuSE tells you that something doesn't work.
> >
> >Microsoft won't even admit that something doesn't work, blaming
> >it on YOUR software, or YOUR hardware, knowing all along that
> >the problem is actually in THEIR CODE.
> >
> >And the Microsoft Way is better how, exactly?
> >

> >> --
> >> Pete
> >> Running on SuSE 7.1, Linux 2.4, KDE 2.1
> >> Kylix: the way to go!
> >

> >--
> >Aaron R. Kulkis
> >Unix Systems Engineer
> >DNRC Minister of all I survey
> >ICQ # 3056642
> >
> >K: Truth in advertising:
> >       Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shalala,
> >       Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan,
> >       Special Interest Sierra Club,
> >       Anarchist Members of the ACLU
> >       Left Wing Corporate Extremist Ted Turner
> >       The Drunken Woman Killer Ted Kennedy
> >       Grass Roots Pro-Gun movement,
> >

> >J: Other knee_jerk reactionaries: billh, david casey, redc1c4,
> >   The retarded sisters: Raunchy (rauni) and Anencephielle (Enielle),
> >   also known as old hags who've hit the wall....
> >
> >I: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the
> >   challenge to describe even one philosophical difference
> >   between himself and the communists demonstrates that, in fact,
> >   Loren Petrich is a COMMUNIST ***hole
> >
> >H: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire
> >    premises, it is my belief, and Willard concurs, that the reason
> >    you folks feel listless and disoriented is simply because
> >    you are lazy, stupid people"
> >
> >G:  Knackos...you're a retard.
> >

> >F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
> >   adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.
> >
> >E: Jet is not worthy of the time to compose a response until
> >   her behavior improves.
> >
> >D: Jet Silverman now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
> >   ...despite (C) above.
> >
> >C: Jet Silverman claims to have killfiled me.
> >
> >B: Jet Silverman plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a
> >   method of sidetracking discussions which are headed in a
> >   direction that she doesn't like.
> >
> >A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: MS and ISP's
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:14:12 +1200

> >If your definition includes 'performs favourably when compared with
others',
> >then we are going to have a nice big holy war ;)
>
> You mean we're not having one already?  Oh shoot.  And here I came
> wearing my penguin-on-a-chain.... :-) :-) :-)

*proudly displays 'LINUX or DIE' tattoo*

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Subject: Re: Blame it all on Microsoft
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:08:00 -0400

Brent R wrote:

> [...]
> beginning, correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> > Students of history will see that this sort of behavior will inevitably
> > to the demise of Microsoft.
> > But for the US economy, this will be a good thing.
>
> You and about a million other basement-hackers would like to believe
> that this is the end of MS but MS is a company that survives so I
> wouldn't hold your breath.
>
> > The Barbarians have already gathered at the gates. The Linux OS, which
> > some claim is more
> > powerful and robust than Windows, giving the scalability of large UNIX
> > servers to cheap intel iron,
> > is already growing faster than Windows 2000, and is reported by the Wall
> > Street Journal to have claimed
> > over a 30% market share in servers. Although Linux use on the desktop
> > has been limited to under 10%
> > by the inertia of users accustomed to  MS Office, there has now been an
> > end-around-run. The Openoffice
> > organization ( http://www.openoffice.org ) has released an office suite
> > with nearly the same look-and-feel
> > as MS Office.  It will process MS office document formats, and runs
> > equally well under Windows and Linux,
> > and is being given away for FREE in perpetuity.
>
> No, not really. Linux/Unix is not a threat to the server market,
> Linux/Unix is the dominant player already, and MS tried unsuccessfully
> to get into that market due to shortcomings of it's operating system.
>
> As for the desktop, Linux is not a serious threat to MS, it just doesn't
> have the 'killer apps' that Windows has, and everything I've seen that
> people claim is just as good as the Windows version in general by and
> large turns out to be inferior in some way. Maybe there's some new
> product that's come along recently that's great but I've usually come
> out disappointed with Linux applications.
>
> Also the GPL seems to be a major deterrent for good software companies
> (including MS) to make Linux software, some companies just don't want to
> share their source code. BSD has a much better model, it gives companies
> the choice of whether they want to share their sources or not.
>
> > Not only that, but old-time arch-rivals of MS, like IBM, are beginning
> > to lose their fear of defying
> > Microsoft. It seems that it has suddenly dawned on them that Microsoft
> > isn't all that talented, or
> > tough, and given their relative sizes, it might just be time for IBM to
> > give pipsqueak Microsoft a
> > thrashing they have long deserved. The first blow is for IBM to spend
> > over $1billion on Linux
> > development this year.
>
> Blow is right, have there been any numbers or information on whether or
> not this has paid of or not yet? I'm not saying it won't, but where's
> the proof?
>
> Admittedly I don't know a lot about the Linux/S390 thing. I've heard
> that Linux just runs as a VM in a dynamic partition anyway, that
> underneath it's still really S390. Wouldn't a company just be better off

EVERY operating system on a S390 runs as a VM.

Hell, most S390's, even when running OS/390, run as a bunch of VM's.

> > As Microsoft does a long slow fade into irrelevance, there will be a
> > liitle pain for the current
> > users of Windows, but it will be quickly replaced by enthusiasm.
>
> Microsoft's "long slow fade into irrelevance" is better than Linux's
> "short and violent crash into oblivion", at least as commercial distros
> go. Linux might be hear forever, but it has yet to be shown to be a good
> business model. That may turn around though, who knows?
>
> > As the
> > constipating plug of Windows
> > is removed from corporate IS departments, a flush of new creativity will
> > ensue as technical personnel
> > suddenly feel free to explore more creative and innovative ways to build
> > servers, networks and protocols.
> > Which will result in another rush of capital spending, and we will begin
> > anew the virtuous cycle
> > of economic growth.
>
> And another inflated and speculative economy which will come crashing
> down.
>
> --
> - Brent
>
> http://rotten168.home.att.net

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,soc.singles
Subject: Re: lack of linux billionaires explained in one easy message
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:18:02 +1200

> Clue for the clueless:
>
> Help defrag
>
> "Defrag defrags your hard drive.  Run defrag to defragment your hard
drive"

What systems came with this?  It's funny, but I can't get it on 98 (no help
command...  I might check the oldmsdos directory...)

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:12:41 -0400

billh wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis"
>
> > Thank you,  for providing me several hours of amusement
> > by attacking each other....you tools.
>
> Your only tools are your "war-hero" self-aggrandizing lies, wannabe.

Tell us again your fairy tale about how the Germans, Japanese,
North Koreans, Chinese, Viet Cong, and North Vietnamese never
shot at red-cross emblazoned American medical personnel.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Date: 11 Apr 2001 17:12:31 -0500

On 11 Apr 2001 21:43:47 GMT, Peter da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Even gates admits that the original MS BASIC interpreters came
>> from the BASIC interpreter for the PDP-11 which just happened to
>> be on the surplus tapes he purchased from them.
>
>I think we would all be interested in your providing a reference for this.

Me too.  According to an extensive interview with Bill Gates for the Smithsonian
Institute that I just read:

        http://americanhistory.si.edu/csr/comphist/gates.htm#tc20

Bill Gates and Paul Allen did it all.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Date: 11 Apr 2001 17:17:49 -0500

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:00:54 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Jonas wrote:
>>
>> Hm.
>>
>> To wish for another Big IBM as a qritique against microsoft isn't sufficient
>> to open up the market in a competitive state.
>>
>> MS Office offer alot that no one else offer.
>
>Bzzzt! wrong.
>
>Star Office
>WordPerfect Office
>and soon, KOffice
>
>The ony thing MS-Office provides is a certificate of monopoly-ware-icity.

Plus the little winking paperclip help man.

------------------------------

From: Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 23:24:46 +0200

WesTralia wrote:
> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
>>
>> You're making the mistaken assumption that EVERY hacker is supposedly
>> an uber-hacker.
>>
>> Overestimating your opponents is as pointless as underestimating your
>> opponents.  When you over-estimate your opponent's abilities, you
>> just give in, because you convince yourself that resistance is useless.
>>
>> This is why the army, although thermal imaging is available, STILL
>> camoflauges all equipment, because only SOME opponents have thermal
>> vision equipment.

Well, Aaron, I can still see your rantings because they are posted by
others.

I will type now very slowly, so that even you can understand:

Your supposedly modified header means nothing, nada, zilch.
If anyone should attempt to attack your system, he would *not* see it
and therefore it means absolutely *nothing*. It would be different, if
you had a fixed IP-number, not a dial-in, *and* the would-be-attacker was
about as dumb as you are, if you really believe that this scheme would
somehow work to better your security.

This is just completely braindead. When you have read your "TCPIP for
extreme dummies" come back to us and tell us how your "camouflage"
will magically deter or hinder any hackers (even the very dumb ones)

Peter

--
The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact
that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,soc.singles
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:27:55 -0400

"." wrote:

> > Clue for the clueless:
> >
> > Help defrag
> >
> > "Defrag defrags your hard drive.  Run defrag to defragment your hard
> drive"
>
> What systems came with this?  It's funny, but I can't get it on 98 (no help
> command...  I might check the oldmsdos directory...)

I just made it up a typical statement that illustrates the utter
uselessness of Mafia$oft's Windows help.

The fact that you thought it was genuine proves my point about
the utter lack of information in Windows Help.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Finn Schiermer Andersen)
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Date: 12 Apr 2001 00:37:47 +0200

"Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
        (Well, he writes basically too much. )

Aaron, could you please restrict your .signature to
5 lines or less. It's damn tiring.

Finn

--
"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
contempt.  He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the