  Re: Women's rights and responsibilities. ("Aaron R. Kulkis")

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rob Warnock)
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Subject: Re: Blame it all on Microsoft
Date: 26 Apr 2001 03:08:13 GMT

Larry Kilgallen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
+---------------
| The business of "reference implementations" is rather recent,
| compared to the 1970s introduction of DECnet.
+---------------

Indeed. Consider that the spec for DDCMP (the link-layer protocol used
by DECnet) was published by DEC *long* before they began shipping products
using it. Yet it was so well-written (thanks, DEC! -- and especially Stu
Wecker) that we at DCA (Digital Communications, not the feds) were able
to implement DDCMP directly from the spec [and in the process, ship our own
products based on DDCMP more than a year before DEC did (IIRC), but that's
another story]. We later discovered that our independent implementation
(for the PDP-8!) interoperated quite well with DEC's PDP-11 DDCMP code.

Also consider the original DEC/Intel/Xerox spec for 10 Mb/s Ethernet
(before 802.3 rewrote it in standards-speak). Again, an *exceedingly*
well-written spec, such that teams independently implementing it were
almost *guaranteed* that their implementations would interoperate!

I'd *much* rather have a good spec that a "reference implementation"...

-Rob

=====
Rob Warnock, 31-2-510           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SGI Network Engineering         <URL:http://reality.sgi.com/rpw3/>
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy.         Phone: 650-933-1673
Mountain View, CA  94043        PP-ASEL-IA

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
soc.men,alt.current-events.clinton.whitewater,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism
Subject: Re: Feminism ==> subjugation of males
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:09:03 -0400

Ted Clayton wrote:

> Chad Everett wrote:

> > >How do you define feminism?  In feminist theory they are many kinds.  A
> >                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > What the heck is "feminist theory"?
>
> If you're really interested, there are lots of books on the subject.
> Try Rosemarie Tong's book _Feminist Thought: A More Comprehensive
> Introduction_ (Westview Press, 1998) for a start.  There's also the
> _Routledge Encyclopedia of Feminist Theories_, edited by Lorraine Code,
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lorraine misspelled 'hysterical paraonoid babblings'

> which I have yet to read myself but have heard good things about and
> which might interest you.
>
> Ted
> --
> Any opinions expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily
> those of CMU.
>
> Altogether, I think we ought to read only books that bite and sting us.
> If the book does not shake us awake like a blow to the skull, why bother
> reading it in the first place? --  Franz Kafka, letter to Oskar Pollak,
> January 27, 1904

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
soc.men,alt.current-events.clinton.whitewater,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:10:10 -0400

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 20:28:52 GMT, Scott Erb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >Chad Everett wrote:

> >>                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >>
> >> What the heck is "feminist theory"?
> >
> >Did you read beyond that point?  I explained a bit about it.
> >

> Yes I did.  What I gathered is that "feminist theory" is very much like
> "bigotry theory".

Feminism is a system for oppressing the average men.

Males in *elite* positions in our society support it, because they'll
use any excuse to oppress other men.

Hope that helps.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:11:46 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >>
>    >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >>
>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >> >>
>    >> >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> Brent R wrote:
>    >> >>
>    >> >> >> > Modern feminism decries "the patriarchy", and then whines for
>    >> >> >> > it to come back and clean up her diapers, because she still hasn't
>    >> >> >> > learned to shit in the toilet.
>    >> >>
>    >> >> >> Jesus man, do you really have to be that crude?
>    >> >>
>    >> >> >> Be careful Aaron, not all women are like that, I wouldn't even say the
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> I wasn't referring to "all women" is was referring to that body
>    Aaron> known as "feminism"
>    >> >>
>    >> >> No, you are talking about a tiny minority of those women who
>    >> >> self-identify as feminist.  For most women that means that women
>    >> >> have equal rights as men.  Not the lunatic fringe that declare
>    >> >> all heterosexual sex is rape.
>    >>
>    Aaron> Thank you for agreeing with me.
>    >>
>    >> So you think most women that call themselves feminists
>    >> are not really feminists?
>
>    Aaron> Most American women who don't even call themselves feminists have a SEVERE
>    Aaron> "women should be able to take anything a man has, and give nothing
>    Aaron> in return" attitude.
>
>    Aaron> Those who do call themselves feminist advocate the use of kangaroo
>    Aaron> courts to accomplish it.
>
> You did not answer my questions.
>
> I am sorry your experience of American women has
> been so poor.

Actually, my own PERSONAL experience has been ok.  However, one does
not need to personally experience divorce, etc. to know how badly the
guys get shafted....all you need to do is pay attention to what is
happening to all of the other men around you.

> I personally know no women that are at all like
> the ones you seem to think are most American women.

You must live in a cave.

> I have read about some, so I do know they exist.  However
> based on personal experience I conclude that they are rare.

Come out of your cave, ahole...

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:12:08 -0400

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:16:18 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >> So you think most women that call themselves feminists
> >> are not really feminists?
> >
> > Most American women who don't even call themselves feminists have a SEVERE
> > "women should be able to take anything a man has, and give nothing
> > in return" attitude.
>
> Sweeping generalisations. And largely untrue in my experience.

Have you asked?

> I'm sorry you've had such a hard run with women.  Maybe it partly explains why
> you're such an "angry man".
>
> --
> Donovan Rebbechi * http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/ *
> elflord at panix dot com

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:12:44 -0400

"You've got MALE.. sex organs!" wrote:

> Translation: the girls back home won't touch Aaron, in spite
> of his brushes and M16..

Spot the slander.

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > "You've got MALE.. sex organs!" wrote:
> > >
> > > I understand the wimmen really go for those unix programmer geeks
> > > nowadays. But just for SEX, they want to screw the little geeky brains
> > > out - certainly not for dating!
> > >
> > > They particularly like that gynophobic disposition, developed over a
> > > lifetime of not getting laid, or even a smell.
> > >
> > > Right, you pathetic little right wing turd unix programmer geek?
> > >

> > I'm also
> > A soldier
> > and an artist.
> >
> > Of course, most foreign women appreciate intelligence more than their

> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer
> > DNRC Minister of all I survey

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:13:17 -0400

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:51:36 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
> > "You've got MALE.. sex organs!" wrote:
> >>
> >> I understand the wimmen really go for those unix programmer geeks
> >> nowadays. But just for SEX, they want to screw the little geeky brains
> >> out - certainly not for dating!
> >>
> >> They particularly like that gynophobic disposition, developed over a
> >> lifetime of not getting laid, or even a smell.
> >>
> >> Right, you pathetic little right wing turd unix programmer geek?
> >>

> > I'm also
> > A soldier
> > and an artist.
> >
> > Of course, most foreign women appreciate intelligence more than their
> > American counterparts...so... they get the rewards.
>
> If your personality resembles your uesnet persona in any way, I see why
> you would scare a lot of women away.

Different persona for different circumstances.

Hope that helps.

> --
> Donovan Rebbechi * http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/ *
> elflord at panix dot com

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Women's rights and responsibilities.
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:14:06 -0400

Brent R wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > jet wrote:
> > >
> > > Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > year, I

> > > own

> > > the
> > > terms

> > > or

> > > bad,

> > > women

> > > unescorted,

> > > States
> > > feminism

> > > jobs

> > > Gee, why did you snip the part where I said you can have the right to do
> > > something, but not the power? You tried to switch "power" for "right".

> > If I snipped it, then how could i switch it, you ignorant cunt...
>
> Aaron, calling someone that word is indicative that this is about more
> than a discussion of the faults/merits of modern feminism and is more
> representative that you are here to act out some rage/aggression that
> you built up over the years.

In this case, it's merely an accurate description.
Hope that helps.

> Anyway it's still crass and crude and totally unneeded. Please don't
> make me killfile you for the fourth (?) time.
>

> --
> - Brent
>
> http://rotten168.home.att.net

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.