From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:09:02 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    >> 1) loads of homosexuals do reproduce.  There is no correlation between
>    >> infertility and sexual orientation.
>
>    Edward> True, but if you don't have sex with a woman, you probably won't
>    Edward> reproduce.
>
> Yes, but being homosexual is about desires, not behavior.
> Women homosexuals frequently get pregnant with artificial
> insemination.

Only within the last few decades.

Prior to that, barring rape, women homosexual did not reproduce.

Thus, even for females, if homosexuality is genetic, then it's
a genetic defect.

>    >> 2) No, if that were true then the naked mole rat would not exist.
>    >> Evolutionarily the purpose is to assure your traits go on to the next
>    >> generation.  This can be done by helping the offspring of close
>    >> relatives (see Naked Mole Rat).  As there is homosexuality in virtually
>    >> every advanced wild animal, it seems to be a natural and widespread
>    >> item.
>
>    Edward> Bees exhibit this too. I don't know about other insects.
>
>    >> 3) With respect to the issue of equal rights for gays, none of the above
>    >> is relevant. As being homosexual in no way intrudes on the rights of
>    >> others, homosexuals deserve equal rights.
>
>    Edward> Amen.
>
>    >> Homosexuality is also a benign variance.
>
>    Edward> yep.
>
> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.men,soc.singles,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,us.military.army
Subject: Re: Primary and secondary missions
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:09:44 -0400

chrisv wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >chrisv wrote:

> >> That's secondary to just getting laid.  8)
> >
> >No, you have it backwards.  Propagating DNA is the primary mission.
> >Getting laid is merely a supporting operation.
>
> Duh.  I was joking.  Note the smiley??  You really are not very swift,
> are you?

I just wanted to tell the story about Captain Karp and the MP sergeant
to rub it in Bill Hudson's face.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.men
Subject: Re: Women's rights and responsibilities.
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:13:36 -0400

chrisv wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >chrisv wrote:
> >>
> >> Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and you're no Einstein.
> >>
> >> Hope that helps.
> >
> >Care to discuss the quantum dynamic behavior of semiconductor devices?
>
> LOL!  You like that phrase.  Are those big words supposed to impress?

No.  It's a serious challenge.  I'm a little rusty on the subject
material...but I do have...much more familiarity with it than I
ever wanted to have (although now that I do have it, I hate losing
it...thus...it is a genuine invitation).

> No, college physics was a long time ago, and I've lost the details of
> this, although I never was an expert on it.  (Although, unlike you, I
> actually graduated with a BS in engineering.)  I bet you think a of

The only thing between me and a degree are a few credit hours
of non-technical electives.  Unfortunately, even though these
are mickey-mouse courses, I *must* return to the West Lafayette
campus to take them, as Purdue doesn't allow credit transfers
for ANY classes once a student is classified as a senior.

> couple college classes, with a textbook handy to pull a couple juicy
> quotes from, makes YOU an expert in the field, though.  What a maroon.

So far, lack of a BS has impacted my employment by 0.0000%.

> I'm just waiting for an expert in this field to call your bluff, so we
> can all watch with amusement as you backpedal wildly and refuse to

Actually, I would WELCOME such a thing.  I enjoy learning new things.

> discuss the issue, just as you did when your bluff was called in
> regards to Linux kernel details.  LOL!

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lars_Tr=E4ger?=)
Subject: Re: Justice Department LOVES Microsoft!
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:13:51 +0200

Eric Remy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Still doesn't.  The Greeks knew the Earth was round.  Eratosthenes got
> the circumference to within 15% of the actual value.
>
> Ironically, a set of experts convened by King Ferdinand turned Columbus
> down since they knew by Eratosthenes's measurements that he couldn't
> possibly make it to India.  Columbus didn't believe the measurement and
> made his own, incorrect one.  Had North America not existed he would
> have died.

Wasn't his goal Cathai (China)?

Lars T.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:14:44 -0400

Ian Davey wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> >Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
> >>
> >> Well, let's see.
> >>
> >> Gays use sex much the same way hets do; as a method of recreation,
> >> excercise, sharing, comforting, bonding, play, relaxation, stress relief,
> >> expression of love, to increase closeness and intimacy, and so on.  So one
> >> would conclude that if homosexuality is detestable, so is all sex.
> >
> >And John Wayne Gacy used knives the same way butchers do; as a method
> >of carving up carcasses into single-serving portions of meat.
> >
> >So, your point is?
>
> You've got a very strange view of the world. You hear descriptions of loving
> relationships and immediately think of John Wayne Gacy... I'm surprised you
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Speculation.  Actually, it took several moments to think of this
analogy which destroys the credibility of the previous analogy.

> didn't jump for necrophilia. I'd be interested in your explanation of what one
> has to do with the other though. Why do you equate the two?
>
> You seem to use shock tactics to avoid answering reasonable questions as
> though you're afraid to actually think about what is being said. Hence the
> constant use of one liners. Christianity does seem to instill something of a
> disgust about sex in a lot of its devotees though.
>
> ian.
>
>  \ /
> (@_@)  http://www.eclipse.co.uk/sweetdespise/ (dark literature)
> /(&)\  http://www.eclipse.co.uk/sweetdespise/libertycaptions/ (art)
>  | |

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:16:41 -0400

Ian Davey wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> >Homosexuality is a defect, as it interferes with the organism's ability
> >to successfully reproduce (yes, your only TRUE purpose is to pass your
> >DNA on to the next generation)
>
> So how many kids do you have then? And why are you so happy to reduce us to
> the level of animals (living merely to reproduce and all our intellectual
> faculties meaning nothing).

Clue for the clueless: you ARE an animal.

Hope that thelps.

> So by your logic, Turing , father of modern computer science had no purpose in
> being as he didn't father any children.

Biologically, he was an utter failure.  This is why, if it's genetic
(as the homosexual commmunity claims), homosexuality is a genetic defect.

>                                           Should we just drop all our
> technology, go back to caves and start breeding?

No.  Technology increases the reproductive success of those who use it.

> ian.
>
>  \ /
> (@_@)  http://www.eclipse.co.uk/sweetdespise/ (dark literature)
> /(&)\  http://www.eclipse.co.uk/sweetdespise/libertycaptions/ (art)
>  | |

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.military.folklore
Subject: Re: Bill Hudson admits that he, Dave Casey, V-man and Redc1c4  are
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:17:48 -0400

billh wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis"
>
> > *CAN* it perform strategic airlift?
> > a) no
> > b) yes
>
> When full of fuel, what is the max cargo capacity of the C130, idiot?  What
> speed and what range will it be capable of with that cargo when at max fuel,
> KuKuNut?  The C130 does not perform strategic airlift as it is not designed
> to.  You can not name an instance where it has performed strategic airlift.

If need be, it could be pressed into service to partake in such a mission.

Is it the OPTIMAL platform to do it?  No
but can it function in that capacity? Yes.

> Continue your waffle, wannabe.  We like to see you dance.  You are pathetic.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ()
Subject: Re: Windows 2K is crappy: a couple of examples
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:24:00 +0200

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter) writes:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:24:45 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I've already said how in another post.
>>
>> 1)  Run the program as administrator from your user account.
>> 2)  Give the user the user rights to load and unload device drivers.
> Your kidding right ....?
> Give the user the rights to load and unload device drivers ???
>
> Doesnt this compromise the system security not to mention its stability ?

Security! Just download the latest microsoft security patches if you
want to compromise your security.

Over 100 security bugs in microsoft SW in 2000. IIS the worst offender.
Now you can download a virus with your latest security fixes. The
funniest part is that part, if not all, of IIS6 runs in kernel space.
They just never learn.

------------------------------

From: BrendaLee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles,soc.support.fat-acceptance,alt.fan.jackie-tokeman
Subject: Re: poolside and life is Good :)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 18:24:45 GMT

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> Brock Hannibal wrote:
> >
> > Jim Ledford wrote:

> > > time to upgrade, think MP3 player.
> > >
> > > Jim Ledford
> >

> In a properly designed and programmed Operating system, the following
> disaster would never have occurred.
>
> > The software that came with the .mp3 player(Nomad) that I just
> > bought for my son's birthday caused bad shit to happen to fucking
> > Windows 98 on my home machine. I had clean the hard disk and install
> > Windows ME and a new version of Netscape to cure all the ills.
> >

> Behold, the consumer friendliness of Windows
>
> Just ask jackie.

Aaron, do you attribute any of these windows issues to poorly
designed software? I mean I have seen some really bad programming
errors.

BrendaLee

--
BrendaLee
Lady DreamCatcher

brendalee makes the world better by her presence in it.

              ~~jackie 'anakin' tokeman~~

when you dance with an angel the angel don't change the angel
changes you
              ~~jackie 'anakin' tokeman~~

------------------------------

From: "jet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:40:26 -0700

Donovan Rebbechi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 02:31:28 -0700, jet wrote:
> >> Only if the mother allows it.  Many refuse.
> >> Why is that?
> >
> > She may feel it violates the child's privacy.
>
> The "right" to privacy needs to be put in context. For example, it's not
the
> anyone else's business whether you drink or not, but if you're driving, it
is
> (because if you were drinking and driving, you would present a serious
risk
> to others).

> Basically, the child has a "right" to privacy, but it certainly seems that
it's
> the fathers business (and, if a court is involved, the courts business)
given
> that payments are to be made to the other parent.

I haven't made up my mind on this issue, but there are some major
differences here. (At least in CA) When you sign up for a driver's licensee,
you consent to being tested of alcohol.

But the child is an innocent 3rd party.

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: bank switches from using NT 4
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:24:50 +0200

"Chronos Tachyon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
message news:NPeG6.3972$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Fri 27 Apr 2001 02:55, Ayende Rahien wrote:
>
>   [Snip]
> >
> > I just came from a computer where Linux would kernel panic if it was on
> > anything but primary master.
> > It said it can't mount root.
> >

> Was /etc/fstab set up to reflect the changes in what partitions were
called?

I doubt it.
Regardless, why can't Linux hadnle this on its own? Windows can.
I tested it quite thouroughfully, pull out HD, make it master, it works,
make it slave, kernel panic.

------------------------------

From: "jet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.men
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:52:40 -0700

chrisv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >chrisv wrote:
> >>
> >> Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and you're no Einstein.
> >>
> >> Hope that helps.
> >
> >Care to discuss the quantum dynamic behavior of semiconductor devices?
>
> LOL!  You like that phrase.  Are those big words supposed to impress?
> No, college physics was a long time ago, and I've lost the details of
> this, although I never was an expert on it.  (Although, unlike you, I
> actually graduated with a BS in engineering.)  I bet you think a of
> couple college classes, with a textbook handy to pull a couple juicy
> quotes from, makes YOU an expert in the field, though.  What a maroon.
>
> I'm just waiting for an expert in this field to call your bluff, so we
> can all watch with amusement as you backpedal wildly and refuse to
> discuss the issue, just as you did when your bluff was called in
> regards to Linux kernel details.  LOL!

Oh, you must have missed it when he claimed he never uses any Microsoft
product, and that very message was posted with a MS product!