From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Justice Department LOVES Microsoft!
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 15:00:10 -0400

Daniel Johnson wrote:

> "Roy Culley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > >
> > > Calling them "monopoly powers" does not make
> > > them any less magical.
> >
> > First you say 'Microsoft does not have the strange supernatural powers
> > you attribute to them' and then 'Calling them "monopoly powers" does
> > not make them any less magical'? You are very confused indeed.
>
> I still don't think they have these magic powers, no matter
> what they are called.
>
> > They are a monopoly. The findings of fact show this. They are not
> > fighting the FoF (they can't because they screwed their case so
> > badly) but the remedy.
>
> The Finding of Fact is a joke.

Then why didn't Mafia$oft appeal the Findings of Fact?

>                                    If it stands, it will show

Mafia$oft didn't appeal the Findings of Fact, therefore, they stand.

> how screwed up the American legal system is.

Name a better one.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 15:00:43 -0400

billwg wrote:

> "T. Max Devlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Said Daniel Johnson in comp.os.linux.advocacy on Sat, 05 May 2001
> > >
> > >Saying this doesn't make it so. Until 1995, Microsoft
> > >sold a version of Windows separate from DOS.
> >
> > The question is not whether they sold it (had it available).  The
> > question is how much people bought it.  People weren't buying it, so MS
> > forced it on them: this is documented by Microsoft's internal documents.
> > Arguing against it just makes you look stupid.
> >
> This doesn't seem to gibe with the Caldera case theory for one thing.  Their
> assertion was that Microsoft used Windows to leverage MS-DOS, not vice-versa
> as you seem to be saying.

They've done both.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 15:04:37 -0400

billwg wrote:

> Do you have any authentication for that letter?  That condition would be an
> explicit violation of the Consent Agreement and would be of extreme interest
> to the DOJ, at least the previous administration DOJ.

Clue for the Clueless--the DOJ investigation PRECEEDS the Klintoon years.

>                                                         I suspect that the
> story is bogus since there was such an extensive search made by the DOJ for
> any such agreements or documents from Microsoft to the extent of subpoenaing
> contracts from most of the OEMs over the objection of Microsoft but by order
> of the Jackson court.

Mafia$oft has REPEATEDLY violated the consent decrees which they have signed--
particularly bundling apps with the OS--which is PRECISELY why Jackson decided
that breaking up was the only remedy..

The DOJ called for the punishment to be a 2-way break up.

Jackson referred it back to them, asking them to submit a plan to break
up Mafia$oft into even MORE pieces.

The DOJ said they couldn't come up with such a plan...so, it currently
stands as a 2-way breakup.

> "Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > billwg wrote:
> > >
> > > "T. Max Devlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> MS
> documents.
> > > >
> > > This doesn't seem to gibe with the Caldera case theory for one thing.
> Their
> > > assertion was that Microsoft used Windows to leverage MS-DOS, not
> vice-versa
> > > as you seem to be saying.
> >
> > Letter to Mike Davis, Diamond Trading
> >
> > Dear Mike
> > Further to out conversation yesterday, I am writing to confirm that
> > Microsoft is unable to supply you Windows as a single product. Microsoft
> > will only sell you Windows as a combined package with MS-DOS 5.
> > Yours Sincerely
> > OEM Sales
> > Microsoft Ltd.
> >
> > --
> > Rick

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 15:05:35 -0400

Daniel Johnson wrote:

> "Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Daniel Johnson wrote:
> > > You seem quite fixated on your opinion that Microsoft
> > > has transgressed the letter of the law in producing a better
> > >

> > What "better product" would that be?
>
> That'd be Windows.

                You             are             insane.

Hope that helps.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 15:08:10 -0400

"T. Max Devlin" wrote:

> Said Daniel Johnson in comp.os.linux.advocacy on Sat, 05 May 2001
> >"Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >>
> >> What "better product" would that be?
> >
> >That'd be Windows.
> >
> >> BTW, why do you thnk they signed
> >> that first consent decree?
> >
> >They thought they could avoid being sued.
> >
> >Wrongly, as it turned out.

> >> Tell that to Stac, Digital Research, Vobis, Go Computing, Intuit, the
> >> FTC, the DOJ, and the several States Attorneys General.
> >
> >I think the DoJ and the attorneys general, at least, *need* to be
> >told that they are out of line, yes.
>
> You are saying that Stac and DR and Go are out of line in complaining
> about Microsoft's purposeful actions to exclude them from the market?
> That's apologizing for criminal behavior, Daniel.  Getting your jollies
> trolling isn't worth destroying your character so completely.
>
> >> maybe you are right. Maybe it isnt ough enough. Micro$oft keeps slipping
> >> through.
> >
> >Fortunately.
> >
> >This country isn't quite as corrupt as it looks, sometimes.
>
> It is with dishonest fucks like you in it.

People like Daniel Johnson are closet-dicatators and wannabe slavemasters,
just like all those Marxist nerds salivating every night over a chance to
wreak revenge over their high school classmates who bullied them.

How about, Max, when the anti-enslavement revolution comes, we throw
Mr. Johnson up against the wall with all the commie assholes?

> --
> T. Max Devlin
>   *** The best way to convince another is
>           to state your case moderately and
>              accurately.   - Benjamin Franklin ***

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 15:11:00 -0400

Roy Culley wrote:

> In article <tonI6.3801$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>         "Daniel Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >> Too bad you missed 99% of what Borge taught.
> >
> > That's true, I was never again good with a piano.
>
> Victor Borge. He was to classical music as Tommy Cooper was to
> magicians. :-)

Classical music was merely the starting point for Borge.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: WinTrolls and advocates are the ones who are geeks!
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 15:13:08 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> > Also, you have to be a geek to understand how Win32 works.  It's always
> > amusing hearing about how Win32 is an event-driven windowing system, and
> > all about this GetDC(), BeginPaint(), and EndPaint() stuff, and how
> > you're supposed to declare your WindowProc() call when you create your
> > window class.
> Every Windows developer I have chatted to cannot stand using Win32 API,
> however, due to market constraints, they are forced to.  One mate of
> mine (mate = friend) for 15 minutes bitched on about how shit-house the
> Windows API is, and unfortunately, I, who is very willing to listen, was
> his only out-let, and my god, the problems he listed! Microsoft has the
> money, why doesn't it create a nice new API, without all the crap and
> ensure that it is clean, efficient and fully documented, then maybe I

Simple: no desire (for whatever reason)

> would be able to go with out a week of Windows developers bitching about
> how bad the Win32 API is!

> I personally don't program for two reasons, first, I don't like it, its
> boring, I prefer consulting etc etc. second, I am a slow programmer as I
> am a perfectionist, I constantly re-read my code for errors, two-three
> times, and in the end, I get bugger-all work done :( However, I don't
> mind programming in COBOL, it is very easy to learn and I have been able
> to automate tasks when required.
>
> Matthew Gardiner

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux has one chance left.........
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 15:14:03 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 3 May 2001 14:46:51 +1200, Matthew Gardiner
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > >Do you have ANY IT experience?
> > >
> > >Matthew Gardiner
> >
> > You would be amazed if I told you where I was in 1979, but I won't. I
> > will say that I was 19yo so at least you have a clue as to how long I
> > have been involved in I/T.
> >
> > flatfish
> If you have all this claimed IT experience, why don't you put it to some
> use by helping out in a Linux project? or would that require some
> selflessness.

No...it would require something that flatfish lacks even more severely:

        COMPETANCE.

> Matthew Gardiner

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.