From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 01:10:06 -0400

Ray Fischer wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> So you claim.  Besides, that's not the only way to get AIDS, nor even
> >> the most common way of getting the disease.
> >
> >You're asking me how *I* know that I don't have AIDS.
>
> Learn to read.

I'm way ahead of you, sparky.

Here, let me help you catch up.

I have TOTAL knowledge of whether *I* have done anything to get AIDS,
because I don't do homosexuality, and I don't do drugs.

Meanwhile, you have NO way of truly knowing if your latest gay encounter
is AIDS-tainted or not...especially when you remember that male homosexuals
are THE MOST promiscous group on the planet.

> >> But those $10 hookers...
> >
> >False premise #1: that I use hookers
> >False premise #2: that men can get AIDS from women in normal vaginal sex.
>
> That's how it spreads in most of the world, dimwit.  Through
> heterosexual intercourse.

M to F, not the reverse, moron.

> --
> Ray Fischer         When you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  into you  --  Nietzsche

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 01:11:58 -0400

Rich Soyack wrote:

> "Ray Fischer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9dsnp3$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> have

> > >You're asking me how *I* know that I don't have AIDS.
> >
> > Learn to read.

> > >False premise #1: that I use hookers
> > >False premise #2: that men can get AIDS from women in normal vaginal sex.
> >
> > That's how it spreads in most of the world, dimwit.  Through
> > heterosexual intercourse.
>
> But the most common vector is not vaginal sex but anal sex, when it comes to
> sex.

And vaginal sex is a very very low-percentage risk for WOMEN ONLY.

It presents NO danger (AIDS-wise) for men.

> Rich Soyack

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 01:14:17 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> > > Ditto, bigot.
> >
> > So, if I hold someone's felonious behavior against them, that makes
> > me a bigot, eh?
> >
> > You prove Joseph Sobran's point.  When ever fags don't like someone's
> > Non-Politically Correct opinion, they trot out the "bigot" label.
> >
> > Too bad for you that most people have learned that "anti-gay bigot" should
> > be interpreted to mean "sane, healthy person that bigotted gays don't like"
> >

> Aaron, GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if a persons gay, who cares?  I don't.

Niether do I...until they insist on giving me the gory details.

> Matthew Gardiner

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 01:14:49 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> > Since I don't engage in homosexual acts (that's what WOMEN are for), and
> > I don't do intravenous drugs, and I haven't had a blood transfusion since
> > 1973 (if at all -- appendix operation)...
> >
> > I'm absolutely CERTAIN that *I* don't have AIDS.
> >
> > Now, you know that the owner of the penis in your anus is disease free how,
>exactly?
> >

> Use a rubber before going hubber-hubber.

Condoms break.  That's a fact.

> Thats a simple phrase to remember, and it
> applies to all people, hetro and homo.

See above.

> Matthew Gardiner

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
Subject: Re: What does Linux need for the desktop?
Date: 16 May 2001 05:10:33 GMT

On Tue, 15 May 2001 01:19:36 -0700,
GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> > Does it have file versions? As in x.a;1, x.a;2, x.a;3 ?
>> Yeah of course, CVS or RCS give files versions.
>> Is that what you meant ?
>>

> Pete is referring to any file... its from the VMS world... where if you
> edit any file and save it and the re-edit the same file again you would
> get filename.ext;1 and filename.ext;2 etc.  There is also a way to limit
> the versioning of file names.  Then if your are happy with your project
> or whatever you can then do a purge... this eliminates earlier versions
> and leaves you with the latest version.

I use CVS for all my editing, coding, usermanuals, mechanical design and
pcb design.

I can recall versions of files, I wrote years ago,and the CVS repository
is very compact. Every version has a notation, and I can see where it
fits in the lifeof the file. This seems superior to the VMS methodology
where you end up with a lot of numbered files.

Reminds me of the Dos 'Recover' command ;-)

Thanks for your explanation Greyone :)

--
Kind Regards
Terry

------------------------------

From: "Badgerjh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU!
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 22:27:02 -0700

I feel a deep pain for you, may the force be with you........
news:3b01f7e2$0$82810$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: Dave Martel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Campaign: Microsoft Free by October 1st
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:16:00 -0600

On 16 May 2001 03:59:07 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
wrote:

>On Tue, 15 May 2001 19:11:27 +0700, Dave Martel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> wrote:

>>> I'm using slrn on NT4 right now.
>>>

>> I've been working my way through all of them. Agent still runs circles
>> around every newsreader I've ever seen, linux or otherwise.
>
>Except in areas of cost as only 'Free Agent' is gratis ?

Mine was already paid for five years ago and the price wasn't all that
bad anyway. I've certainly gotten my money's worth.

To be honest, I think Free Agent is also better than all the linux
newsreaders I've tried so far. Pan shows a lot of promise but it's
still a ways from being completed.

>Personally I cant stand Agent or Pan, perhaps SLRN has spoilt me :)

Just tried SLRN on my FreeBSD system. Didn't care for it. Guess Agent
has spoiled me. <g>

However...I just spent four hours trying to get wine set up so I could
run Agent under it. Never had any trouble under linux but for some
reason it's really fighting me under FreeBSD. I'm about ready to admit
defeat until I get to know my way around FreeBSD better, and just go
with SLRN for now.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: W2K/IIS proves itself over Linux/Tux
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 01:29:09 -0400

Tom Wilson wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
> <snip>

> > > Financial reasons mostly (from a developer's standpoint). You have to
> put
> > > dislike aside and earn a living. With any luck at all, it'll be a flop
> and
> > > we won't have to fool with it. There are already enough Windows
> platforms to
> > > have to support. I don't want to have to fool with yet another.
> >
> > Dear Darth,
> > Learn to develop for Unix and come, return to the light side.
>
> I'm steering in that direction and the company I hack for is too. We need to
> sell the Windows stuff to finance the effort, though. A lot of midnight oil
> has been burned on the present project and we aren't just going to abandon
> it. Also, investors get cold feet and try to force things out the proverbial
> door when the economy stagnates. Don't want to fool with that this time
> around. Linux needs a bit of work and coaxing to get to where we want to go
> with it. A *lot* of potential, there! We want to do it right and that takes
> time...and money.

Release on Solaris first.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 01:29:34 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> > > Obviously by that response you are a sad little individual who is still
> > > pissed off that they did not have the intellect to pass a UNIX admin
> > > course.  How come Work and Income New Zealand uses HP-UX servers? why
> > > does the New Zealand Stock Exchange uses a s/390 mainframe?
> >
> > Um...they weren't smart enough to figure out how to get Lose2k to perform
> > as advertised...and thus decided to go with the HP-UX and s/390 systems
> > that are within their abilities to manage.
> >
> Just had to add, Work and Income New Zealand use Linux for their
> website, and the NZSE use Linux for mail, webservers and other tasks.
>
> Don't you mean they were smart enough to see behind the MS bullshit and
> went with proven technologies.

Exactly.

> Matthew Gardiner

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 01:30:47 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> > Hell, Matthew, Jan doesn't even know what the terms s/390 mean, let
> > alone HP-UX.
>
> Jans so thick she probably doesn't even know what a VAX (not the Vacuum cleaner),
> Alpha, R12K  or 900z is.  Jan is just a simple office clerk who thinks that because
> she can use MS Word, that makes her some sort of genius, whilst the rest of the
>office
> just mocks her over the fact that she requires the clippy to help her right a letter.
>
> Matthew Gardiner

Actually, with a last name like Johansan, Jan is probably a GUY
(you know, the nordic male name pronounce "yan")

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.