From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
Subject: Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust!
Date: 25 May 2001 06:25:37 GMT

On Fri, 25 May 2001 02:50:39 GMT,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2001 11:27:06 +0900, "Osugi Sakae"
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>By your reasoning, in a year or so when many windows users have switched
>>to XP, you would have to claim that there was a demand for an os which
>>required activation, and that windows users had asked for a substandard
>>mp3 encoder. Millions of people are (will be) using / have it on their
>>computer, so obviously there was some demand for it.
>>
>>Surely you see the silliness here?
> In your example, yes I do, but my example is different.
>

> Using inferior features, like the mp3 encoder and the activation stuff
> is silly and stupid and I don't support it anymore than you do.
> But.....
>
> I buy a product and on the box it says it has "x" features. I like "x"
> features so I buy it. I install it under Linux and I get "x/4"
> features. I am not happy.

You have never bought a product box made by Linux.

Please take your complaints to the commercial vendors you bought your
Linux distribution from.

Linux is free.

>>Please, do your really think that linux users are the sort who just
>>accept the situation and live with it? People like that are found using
>>windows and mac. linux has gotten where it is today and will continue
>>advancing because the users work to make it better.
>
> Yes I do.
Flatfish is thinking of himself, in that case.

> One example is the help systems which semi-exist in Linux
> distributions. How many times do you click on help only to get a
> message saying "Help has not been written yet and I will get to it ass
> soon as I can".
>
> This simply does not happen in the Windows world.
Of course not, that would show a weakness, and Ms will do anything
to prevent *showing* that weakness.

Take hardware detection for instance:-
Windows says "if your computer does not respond for along period
of time, then cycle the power", or something like that.

They avoid using the words "Locked up", and "re-boot", to avoid
allowing the users to think that Windows is less than perfect.

The same methods apply to their methodology with the Windows
"help" system, where any problems beyond the most simplistic
have a knowledagble user going around endlessley in circles,
from beginning to end, within the Windows "help" roundabout.

Any Linux user can send a help file tothe author of any package
and have the satisfaction of seeing in included (with credits)
in the next package release by the author. So this 'problem'
is easily fixed.

With Windows, this just can't happen, and the same lame help
system exists, year after year.

>>btw, what will you do for a general use put down when linux distros
>>switch to mozilla and there is no netscape to pick on? A few years ago it
>>was sound, then it was true-type fonts, then it was antialiased fonts.
>>Now you are reduced to kicking the dead body (ok, it is braindead but on
>>life-support) of netscape.
>

> Mozilla is a behemoth of a disaster and is going nowhere fast.
You're so wrong :-
"Steve,Mike,Heather,Simon,teknite,keymaster,keys88,Sewer Rat,
S,Sponge,Sarek,piddy,McSwain,pickle_pete,Ishmeal_hafizi,Amy,
Simon777,Claire,Flatfish+++,Flatfish"

It's one thing to be presumed a Troll, and another to prove it
as you have just done.

What version is Mozilla at now?
What facilities does it have, that the last version didn't ?
When did you last use it ?

> IE is THE STANDARD by which ALL browsers are and will continue to be
> judged.
>
> Mozilla is going to be a disaster just like everything else Netscape
> has done recently....
Yeah yeah.... I'm still waiting for your predictions re Linux failing
.... that you made in 1997.

> BTW sound is still an issue and so is font's because Linux users are
> forced to steal them from their WIndows directories.
I don't, and any Linux users that do, just take them from the
Windows CD that they **OWN**.

Flatfish probably isn't aware of the commercial nature of fonts, and the
fact thatfor many fonts, the commercial Linux vendors can't just give them
away.

Then again he might be, such is the nature of the Wintroll.

>>Isn't marketting just a way of convincing people to by what you have to
>>sell? (or is that advertising? Whats the diff?) So who cares? You think
>>windows is good because they spend a lot marketing it to you?
>

> No. I think Windows is good because it has useful applications and
> Linux doesn't, unless you are a programmer or want to spend your
> entire lifetime trying to make them work.

Hmm, Linux works for me, and I've only been using it for 4 years.
In fact Linux was working for me, within a hour of installing
Redhat4.2 in 1977.

>>I still do not understand why winvocates judge an os based on hardware
>>support. You must know that it is up to the hardware companies to support
>>their hardware on the os. The companies are in business to make money,
>>not support one os or another - they decide whether or not to write
>>drivers based on the economics. So if enough linux users start asking for
>>drivers (and buying the hardware), then the company will write the
>>driver. None of this is at all related to the quality of any os.
>
> This is a prime example of the classic LinoNut 2-step, blame everyone
> else.
This is a classic example of the Wintroll retort #27, accusations.

> Fact is that Windows users and even less Mac users don't give 2 craps
> about an OS.
Wrong.
Windowsuserslive in fear of crashes,"illegal operations", re-installs
and virii.

> We use applications and have the hardware support to be
> able to utilize them.
Naturally you do, even the Department of Justice knows why
that is.

> Linonuts seem to be the only ones that like to talk OS.
Linux advocates certainly don't have the learning dysfunction so
prevalent amongst Wintrolls like
"Steve,Mike,Heather,Simon,teknite,keymaster,keys88,Sewer Rat,
S,Sponge,Sarek,piddy,McSwain,pickle_pete,Ishmeal_hafizi,Amy,
Simon777,Claire,Flatfish+++,Flatfish"

> Quality?
>
> If I want to use a command line 200 characters long, like Terry Porter
> posted, to burn a CD maybe.
You're easily able to exceed that number of characters in any of your
posts to COLA, is FUD the only characters you know how to type ?

The two commands had a total of 89 characters, including spaces.

I've told you a bazillion times before Flatty ..........
*don't exaggerate* !

> What a fsking joke!
Laughter is good for the soul, glad you liked it/

> I can burn one track, take the CD out and burn another track tomorrow
> and so forth using SoundForge and I don't have to remember a single
> command.

Hahahah, is that **ALL**
Your easily impressed my old clueless Wintroll.

I can have my system look for all changed files at 3am when I'm in bed.
Then I can have it burn them onto a re-writable CD, all automatically.

All automatically, no $oundforge $oftware required, just a few simple
commands.

>>For almost every other os, if the company
>>doesn't write the driver no one does. AFAIK, only linux and maybe the
>>*BSDs have users writing drivers with / in addition to / in place of the
>>hardware companies. I think this scares MS, because it makes it a little
>>harder for them to use the hardware companies to kill linux.
>

> Linux will ALWAYS be behind in drivers because the manufacturers write
> for the OS that makes money for them first and then, and that is still
> a maybe, they MIGHT get around to writing a Linux version.
Thats true, but then not everybody rushes out to buy the latest xyz,
as in most cases the existing xyz does the job.

There is also the other side to the coin, and that is that the GPL
does not support NDA's.

In many cases the manufacturer will not release the info for drivers to
be created without a NDA, so unless someone is willing to reverse
engineer a driver,there will NEVER be one.

This is not a significant problem, as no hardware is *that* special, that
alternatives cannot be found.

Flatfish would have us believe his audio equipment is state of the art,
but sadly he knows nothing of switch mode psu's, and digital electronics.

His equipment would be laughed out of any respectable studio.

>>Explain why-about a year and a half ago- my unsupported matrox g400
>>worked better in linux than in windows where is had supported
>>(ms-approved) drivers? 3d didn't work under linux (i think- never tried
>>that hard to get it working) but the everyday stuff was fine. Under
>>windows, everything was horribly unstable. 3d "worked" but only for a few
>>minutes (crash!) and even the desktop crashed regularly. Within a few
>>months, i was getting gpf's on boot up and nothing could fix it. All this
>>with the ms-approved drivers. So i take winvocates supported hardware
>>claims with a huge grain of salt.
>
> Bullshit!!!
I doubt it, as Osugai is no troll.

> Linux didn't get Twinhead support till recently. Windows had it all
> along!!
Bullshit.

Linux can run the commercial Xwindows apps that have supported two
monitors for years.

> You are FOS....
Look who's talking ....

Flatfish is also known by the other fake identities listed above, he's
a known Wintroll, and nothing he says can be believed.

Flatfish has a reputation for lying and deception, and takes every
precaution to avoid his true identity being known.

Flatfish has been doing this since at least 1997.

>>Also, i seem to recall hearing somewhere recently that nvidia's new
>>drivers are getting some people better frame rates in linux than in
>>windows. what does that say about the quality of the os?
>
> More BS...
Flatfish has a reputation for lying and deception.

> flatfish++++
> "Why do they call it a flatfish?"
Because its busy being a flat out liar ?

--
Kind Regards
Terry

------------------------------

From: "Interconnect" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:52:32 +1000

Jan Johanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:3b0c9157$0$53496$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9ef6gn$c5e$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> > "Jan Johanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:3b0b007f$0$56137$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > >
> > > "Fred K Ollinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:9eejc5$ctu$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > >

> > > Same place you download an easy to install, easy to learn, easy to use
> > copy
> > > of Linux.
> > >
> > > nowhere...
> > >

> > http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/
> >
> > Maybe you should use a search engine next time.
> >

> doesn't meet the criteria I gave

I beg to differ.

Have a nice day.

------------------------------

From: "Interconnect" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:53:44 +1000

Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:9ei62d$huv$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/
> > >
> > > Maybe you should use a search engine next time.
> > >

> > doesn't meet the criteria I gave
>
> How can you be a Network admin if you can even install the easiest Linux
> distro out on the market.
>
> matthew Gardiner

Because *anyone* can get on a Newsgroup and claim to be anything they want.
My *real* Job is a Brain Surgeon.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 02:55:25 -0400

Jan Johanson wrote:

> "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9ei62d$huv$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > doesn't meet the criteria I gave
> >
> > How can you be a Network admin if you can even install the easiest Linux
> > distro out on the market.
>
> Didn't say couldn't - just said it wasn't easy when easy=windows
> installation.

translation: I, Jan Johanson, am to stooooooopid to figure out
        anything different from my narrow, limited experience.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 02:56:28 -0400

JS \\ PL wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > JS \\ PL wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> for
> > > all
> > > connection
> even
> switching
> > > users

> > > technology.
> > >
> > > I was wrong. It's a post install regedit in WINNT that I didn't know
> about.
> >
> > And using regedit is all intuitive and newbie-friendly how, exactly?
>
> It's about as intuitive as "setserial" to get the modem working under Linux.

Linux never claimed to be "user friendly"
and yet, it's no more difficult than Windows

what's up with that?

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 02:56:43 -0400

green wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > JS \\ PL wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> for
> > > all
> > > connection
> even
> switching
> > > users

> > > technology.
> > >
> > > I was wrong. It's a post install regedit in WINNT that I didn't know
> about.
> >
> > And using regedit is all intuitive and newbie-friendly how, exactly?
> >
>     sort of like setting up wftp on linux using text files.

Linux never claimed to be "user friendly"
and yet, it's no more difficult than Windows

what's up with that?

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:31 -0400

JS \\ PL wrote:

> "T. Max Devlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Said Aaron R. Kulkis in alt.destroy.microsoft on Wed, 23 May 2001

> all
> connection
> users
> > >
> > >this has been a fact of Unix family operating systems since they were
> > >first networked (i.e. 1970's)
> >
> > The fact is, the very idea that a network connection would be broken
> > because a user logged out (pardon me; because THE user logged out) is a
> > Windowsism to begin with.

> > >Another admission that Mafia$oft is over 30 years behind in basic
> technology.
> >
> > More than that.  Microsoft says XP will have it; nobody really knows if
> > it is ever going to actually work.
>
> Microsoft doesn't "say" they will have it. They HAVE it!

Another admission that Mafia$oft is over 30 years behind in basic
technology.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:40 -0400

JS \\ PL wrote:

> "T. Max Devlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Said Aaron R. Kulkis in alt.destroy.microsoft on Wed, 23 May 2001

> all
> connection
> users
> > >
> > >this has been a fact of Unix family operating systems since they were
> > >first networked (i.e. 1970's)
> >
> > The fact is, the very idea that a network connection would be broken
> > because a user logged out (pardon me; because THE user logged out) is a
> > Windowsism to begin with.

> > >Another admission that Mafia$oft is over 30 years behind in basic
> technology.
> >
> > More than that.  Microsoft says XP will have it; nobody really knows if
> > it is ever going to actually work.
>
> Microsoft doesn't "say" they will have it. They HAVE it!

Another admission that Mafia$oft is over 30 years behind in basic
technology.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.