From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 02:09:20 -0400

Mathew wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

> > > Say its wrong all you want, it still wont change the absolute fact that
> > > neither the army, navy, marines nor airforce have any goddamn idea who
> > > you are.  You are lying.  You are caught, and now you are insane and
> > > pathetic.
> >
> > That's strange.  Captain Bill Hudson, who fucking hates my guts, has
> > REPEATEDLY identified not only my current unit, but previous units as well.
>
> Why does Captain Bill hate you.

Because I dared to comment on how often American medics got shot
by opposing soldiers in World War 2, Korea, and Viet Nam.

> Did you call him a communist?

He's not even smart enough to be that stupid.

> > Why is that?
> >

> > > -----.
> > >
> > > --
> > > "George Dubya Bush---the best presidency money can buy"
> > >
> > > ---obviously some Godless commie heathen faggot bastard
> >

> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer
> > DNRC Minister of all I survey
> > ICQ # 3056642
> >
> > L: This seems to have reduced my spam. Maybe if everyone does it we
> >    can defeat the email search bots.  [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >    [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > K: Truth in advertising:
> >       Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shalala,
> >       Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan,
> >       Special Interest Sierra Club,
> >       Anarchist Members of the ACLU
> >       Left Wing Corporate Extremist Ted Turner
> >       The Drunken Woman Killer Ted Kennedy
> >       Grass Roots Pro-Gun movement,
> >

> > J: Other knee_jerk reactionaries: billh, david casey, redc1c4,
> >    The retarded sisters: Raunchy (rauni) and Anencephielle (Enielle),
> >    also known as old hags who've hit the wall....
> >
> > I: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the
> >    challenge to describe even one philosophical difference
> >    between himself and the communists demonstrates that, in fact,
> >    Loren Petrich is a COMMUNIST ***hole
> >
> > H: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire
> >     premises, it is my belief, and Willard concurs, that the reason
> >     you folks feel listless and disoriented is simply because
> >     you are lazy, stupid people"
> >
> > G:  Knackos...you're a retard.
> >

> > F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
> >    adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.
> >
> > E: Jet is not worthy of the time to compose a response until
> >    her behavior improves.
> >
> > D: Jet Silverman now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
> >    ...despite (C) above.
> >
> > C: Jet Silverman claims to have killfiled me.
> >
> > B: Jet Silverman plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a
> >    method of sidetracking discussions which are headed in a
> >    direction that she doesn't like.
> >
> > A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.men,soc.singles,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.law-enforcement
Subject: Re: Using Army and Marines to enforce gun-confiscation...
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 02:12:17 -0400

Mathew wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
>
> > Roberto Alsina wrote:

> > > You are not a policeman, and you are not a soldier. You are a reservist.
> > > You are, though, a right wing nut, and if you did the above, it would be
> > > illegal.
> >
> > Absolutely not.
> >
> > Read the Posse Commitatus Act.  It **CLEARLY** states that the Army can be used
> > to do law enforcement with the permission of the governor of the state(s) in
> > question.  Remember all the times the Army was used in the 1950's and 60's.
> >

> > The MARINES can be sent into any state WITHOUT the permission of the Governor.
>
> Yes,and they did this in Hawaii in 1893 when they helped overthrow the
> soveriegn kingdom of Hawaii.
> American capitalists were behind this.

And Hawaii is MUCH better off for it.

Or would you have preferred that they have been occupied by the
Japanese....and that the American forces never been able to kick
the Japanese out of: the Phillipines, Guam, and many other places
where they murdered civilians as if the civilians were mere insects.

> > > The police, yes. The army and the marines, no, because they are not
> > > law enforcement agencies. It is illegal for a soldier to enter
> > > your house without permission, is it not?
> >
> > See above.
> >
> > Also, if the gun-phobes' wet-dream of CONFISCATION is to implemented,
> > how would it be done without entering citizens' homes?
> >

> > > And even a policeman will need a search warrant.
> > >

> > The gun-phobes' wet-dream is a law that requires no search warrant.

> > > No, the baboons don't work.
> >
> > You sound exceedingly jealous.
> > Why is that, coward...

> > > Well, I am sure you are even happy about it.
> >
> > Yep
> >
> > > And that you even think
> > > that says something good about you.
> >
> > Damn straight.
> >

> > > --
> > > Roberto Alsina
> >

> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux,alt.linux,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Subject: Re: Windows makes good coasters
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 02:27:26 -0400

Major Dondo wrote:

> I was asked to look at the network for a hospital.  They are entirely
> windows based; now they have to compy with the new privacy laws coming
> into effect.
>
> Because windows has no real remote management tools, EVERY vendor
> installs a modem and PC Anywhere on every custom box they provide.  And
> in a hospital, just about every piece of equipment is tied to a
> vendor-provided PC, which is then networked to the rest of the system.
> Theere are not chicken shit DIY vendors; these are major players who do
> this for a living.  If better tools existed, they'd use them.  The remote
> management stuff that MS provides simply does not work over a limited
> bandwith  connection.
>
> There is NO WAY to secure a windows-based system of this type.  There
> were some 50 or 60 "back-doors" to the network with outsiders dialing in
> to the network.
>
> Contrast with a *nix based system - real telnet and ssh available,
> command line interface for all tools, X can be forwarded and secured via
> any number of tools....
>
> I suggested that they use some *nix based computers; they recoiled in
> horror.  I refused to touch the system after that.  IMHO, that particular
> system CANNOT be made secure, because windows simply does not have the
> remote management tools needed for real network administration.
>
> The stuff about stability and GUI is fluff.  Until MS changes their
> paradigm to include real security, not just the broken crap they sell, I
> won't use an MS based workstation if I can help it.  I won't even talk
> about Win-based servers.....
>
> I've taken to running Win9x on top of linux using win4lin.  Faster than
> native Win9x, more stable, more secure....  Mkes you wonder - why would
> win9x be more stable running as an app under linux? and faster to boot?
> Something is badly broken in the win9x hardware layers....

This is what happens when you have a kernel in which the code
looks like it was written by high school idiots who write in
C the same was they did when using circa 1980 BASIC.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: A Newbie Linux User Asks:
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 02:33:13 -0400

drsquare wrote:

> On Sat, 26 May 2001 02:44:10 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

> >> I thought cable was unmetered?
>
> >correct.  just like local calls in the United States.
>
> How the fuck can they afford that?

Well, for about 80 years, local calls from RESIDENTIAL telephones
were subsidized by business phones and long-distance calls.

That was ended after a lawsuit ruling in 1983.

Residential phone rates went up, but the flat-rate policies are
still in place (you can opt for a per-call plan, but most
people like unlimited local-calling, even if it is more expensive)

But...as to "how the fuck can they afford that?"

Well, let's put it this way...we have sooooooooo much of a
surplus of telephone connectivity capacity here in the US,
that most wireless phone companies will give UNLIMITED
connection time outside of business hours (mon-fri, 8am-5pm)

frankly, telephone calls here are cheaper than water.
literally.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 02:35:33 -0400

drsquare wrote:

> On Sat, 26 May 2001 02:44:10 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

> >> I thought cable was unmetered?
>
> >correct.  just like local calls in the United States.
>
> How the fuck can they afford that?

When I was a child, it cost 10 cents to make a local telephone
call from a business telephone.  For the first MINUTE

Same as the price of a loaf of bread.

Now, for that same real price (a loaf of bread), I can talk
to anyone ANYWHERE in the USA, Canada, or the United Kingdom
for at least 15 minutes (or longer!).

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 06:31:16 GMT

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

> Roberto Alsina wrote:
> >
> > David L. Moffitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >"Roberto Alsina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > >%%%% They did at Waco.
> >
> > Those were not soldiers, they were federal law enforcement agencies.
> > And they did have permission, in the form of a search warrant.
>
> 1.  They did NOT have the warrant with them
>
> 2.  The warrant was void, because it was obtained under false pretenses.

> > >%%%% They didn't at Waco.
> > >

> > And having guns did them a whole lot of good, to those Davidians,
> > didn't it?
>
> Are you saying that if confronted with a totalitarian regime, one
> should just submit?  Go find a holocaust survivor to clue you into reality.

But the Dravidians became a Totalitarin regime under Koresh,idiot.