From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:03:06 -0400

Philip Nicholls wrote:

> Burkhard Wölfel wrote:
>

> > Philip Nicholls wrote:

> >> That is pretty sad.   Now can you imagine this fellow trying to use a
> >> install and use a linux system?  This is my main point.
> >
> > That's it. M$ Windows makes the average computer user stupid, perhaps
> > just to sell him Books on how to solve easiest problems step by step.
> > Linux use and supplied documentation are far more educating.
>
> No, the average computer user IS stupid.  Well, perhaps I should said that
> the average computer user doesn't really want to spend a lot of time
> learning how a computer or operating system works.  I read someplace that
> the average computer owner can't even format a floppy disk.
>
> As someone new to linux, I often find the documentation, especially the
> HOWTO files, to be very cryptic.  At the same time, most books on linux are
> useless.  I suppose the more I use it the less cryptic they will seem.

What's wrong?  Couldn't get past a 3rd-grade reading level?

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux beats Win2K (again)
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:04:37 -0400

drsquare wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Jun 2001 18:03:41 +1200, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Stuart Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >"Chronos Tachyon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> >message news:zlyR6.47997$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> On Thu 31 May 2001 02:51, Pete Goodwin wrote:
>
> >> Using xkill.  Most window managers map Ctrl+Alt+Esc to run xkill, which
> >> gives you a skull-and-bones cursor that lets you blow any arbitrary X app
> >> out of the water, no additional skill required.  Much easier than the
> >> Windows (either 9x or 2K) alternatives.
>
> >Windows 2K maps CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to task manager which lets you blow any app
> >out of the water.  How is that harder?
>
> But what about the mere 9x users? What equivalent to they get?

The "greatest thing since sliced bread" is now "that disgraceful buggy shit"

How come it always takes LoseDOS losers 4 years to figure out what
the Linux people can see at first glance?

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux dead on the desktop.
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:05:38 -0400

drsquare wrote:

> On Thu, 31 May 2001 16:17:34 -0500, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>
> >Incorrect, there is a horribly disproportionate number of inexperienced
> >people using Windows over Unix.
> >
> >You can't dismiss it out of hand like that.
> >
> >Virus writers know that if they write a virus for Unix, no one will
> >open it because the vast majority, if not all, are experienced
> >users and won't fall for such deception.
> >
> >OTOH, many inexperienced or computer illiterates use Windows, so
> >they will fall for such tricks because they don't understand
> >the consequences.
> >
> >It really has nothing to do with the OS.
>
> It has everything to do with the OS. An experienced person, on Unix or
> Windows, will not open a virus. For an inexperienced person, on Unix,
> they will not be able to open the virus. On Windows, it will be very
> easy for them to open the virus.

On windows, they don't even have to open the virus...OutLook Express
will do it for them the MOMENT it comes in....

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:06:48 -0400

Karel Jansens wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:45:35 +0200, Burkhard Wölfel
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >Know the story from the Bible, where Jesus compares building on Sand
> >with building on rock?
> >Building on sand is what Windoze is all about, fast, easy and like that
> >tower in Pisa, Italy.
> >

> People flock around it and stare at it in awe?

Yes...as in "how could ANYBODY build something so fucked up"
and "Gee, I wonder how long until it crashes"

> --
> Regards,
>
> Karel Jansens
> Give a man fire and he is warm for a day.
> Set him on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: IBM to let Linux fans use mainframe--for free
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:07:33 -0400

drsquare wrote:

> On Thu, 31 May 2001 20:13:44 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >drsquare wrote:

> >> Debating how much of an idiot you are?
> >
> >smarter than you.
>
> I doubt it.
   ^^^^^

So, in other words, you really don't know.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:08:20 -0400

drsquare wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 06:29:21 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
> >> There is no debate of that. It´s a fact that he is an idiot.
> >> So, simply killfiling him just saves a lot of bandwidth and the BS that
> >> Aaron is spewing. He should stop thinking with his ass and grow at
> >> least half a brain.
>
> >That's something a loser would say.
>
> So why haven't you said it?

It's obvious that you're too stupid to figure it out...

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: A Newbie Linux User Asks:
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:08:36 -0400

drsquare wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 01:39:26 +0100, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "drsquare"
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> No, why would you think that?
>
> >G******s law?
>
> Oh fuck off.

for once, we agree.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:08:45 -0400

drsquare wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 01:39:26 +0100, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  ("Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>
> >In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "drsquare"
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> No, why would you think that?
>
> >G******s law?
>
> Oh fuck off.