From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Charlie Ebert)
Subject: Re: Why homosexuals are no threat to heterosexuals
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:25:39 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
>Matt Kennel wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 15:36:48 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> :drsquare wrote:
>> :>
>> :> On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 10:22:30 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>> :>  (Sky King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:
>> :>
>> :> >In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>> :> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>> :>
>> :> >> >Really?  Methods used to study the transmission of other STDs don't work
>> :> >> >with AIDS?  Why is that?
>> :> >>
>> :> >> For a start, AIDS is not an STD.
>> :> >>
>> :> >Aids can be and is transmitted sexually. sky
>> :>
>> :> No it can't.
>> :
>> :AIDS is merely the name for the SYMPTOMS which were later found to
>> :be cause EXCLUSIVELY by the HIV virus.
>> :
>> :Therefore AIDS and HIV are two sides of the same coin.
>> :
>> :Do you know of _any_ other disease where the pathogen and the symptoms
>> :of infection by said pathogne are considered SEPERATE issues?
>>
>> gastric ulcer
>

>Actually, there are two kinds of ulcers.
>
>One is the result of a pathogen (bacterial ulcer), and the other
>is from unknown origin.
>
>The symptoms are very SIMILAR, but not identical.

That 'unknown origin' as you put it was MS NT Server 4.0.
Other side effects were a very runny ass.

--
Charlie
=======

------------------------------

From: Woofbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: More micro$oft "customer service"
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:29:18 GMT

In article
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Where is American pride?... (was Re: European arrogance
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:31:28 -0400

Chad Myers wrote:

> "Thaddius Maximus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Rotten168 wrote:

> what

> > > We don't? So why am I casting votes for representation then?
> > >

> > Look, in a represenative democracy the people exercise sovereign
> > power THROUGH a represenative.
> >
> > In a republic the people delegate their sovereign power to a
> > represenative.
>
> Says who?

US Constitution

http://www.nara.gov/exhall/charters/constitution/constitution.html

> > Now, you tell me which instance takes place in America?  I for one,
> > know for a fact that my sovereign power has been delegated to a
> > represenative.
> >

> How so?

See above.

> -c

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Woofbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:34:46 GMT

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:35:53 GMT, "Daniel Johnson"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > "Woofbert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>
> <...>
>
> > > The problem is that Microsoft users with SmartTags turned on will
> > > see things added to my web site which I did not put there, which
> > > some central authority over hwich I have no control put there.
> >
> > That's not important.
>
> Good Lord, that's the core issue to the whole SmartTags business.
> It's the ability of third parties to modify a web page to the
> detriment or impairment of its original purpose, and against the
> wishes and intent of its creator.
>
> That is monstrous, and as I've explained elsewhere may well kill off
> the Web as a viable commercial medium altogether.

Peter,

Your'e obviously laboring under the mistaken impression that one more
person presenting basically the same objections to SmartTags as everyone
else has presented will actually stand a chance of changing proponents'
minds about it.

Even after all the different arguments have been repeated three or four
times already, they will gladly start the arguments again from the very
start, their original position unshaken either by previous arguments
against their position, nor by your joining in on those arguments.

In any case, do feel free to continue your debate. :-)

From: flatfish+++ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: IBM and 3rd World Nations
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:41:59 GMT

Do ya'll know that IBM is planning on moving Poughkeepsie, East
Fishkill and Endicott to China ASAP?

Of course you don't because the American press has been hiding it
under "free speech"

Well it is a fact!!!!

IBM intends to pay the "workers $30.00 per month, but provide housing
onsite as well as medical care etc.

Can you say WORK CAMP?

So next time ypu THINK (pad) about buying an IBM product think about
what I have stated.

Lou Gerstner is an EVIL incubus that is selling out the souls of IBM
all to make a buck!!!

Call them an verify what I have said, because it is true.

It is nothing more than a workcamp disguised!

------------------------------

From: pip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: IBM and 3rd World Nations
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:55:02 +0100

flatfish+++ wrote:

> Do ya'll know that IBM is planning on moving Poughkeepsie, East
> Fishkill and Endicott to China ASAP?
>
> Of course you don't because the American press has been hiding it
> under "free speech"
>
> Well it is a fact!!!!
>
> IBM intends to pay the "workers $30.00 per month, but provide housing
> onsite as well as medical care etc.
>
> Can you say WORK CAMP?

Can you say "giving clever people a better life" ? Remember that next
time you buy IBM and feel good about yourself.

It's a global economy boy...

------------------------------

From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: More on MS's war of words....
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:51:21 +0600

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Linux Man" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6291224.html
>
> "Behind the war of words, analysts said, is evidence that Microsoft is
> increasingly  concerned about Linux and its growing popularity. The
> Unix-like operating system "has clearly emerged as the spoiler that
> will prevent Microsoft from achieving a dominant position" in the
> worldwide server operating-system market, concludes IDC analyst Al
> Gillen in a forthcoming report."

I should be an analyst; I concluded that very thing several years ago.

And told lots of people for free, though apparently people are stupid
enough to hire analysts and pay them for commenting on the obvious.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas

------------------------------

From: Woofbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:56:36 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tim Adams
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> in article 4NoX6.5665$[EMAIL PROTECTED],
> Daniel Johnson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 6/18/01
> 11:05 AM:
>
> > "Woofbert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> In article
> >> <lYaX6.85755$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> >>
> >> I don't pretend to be a lawyer. Nor do I pretend to understand how
> >> current copyright, intellectual property, or property law affect
> >> SmartTags.
> >>
> >> What I understand is this: SmartTags change the content of my web
> >> sites in ways I cannot control. I don't like that. I don't know
> >> what legal remedies I have or would want to exercise.
> >
> > You have a real easy one- you can refuse to serve your pages to IE
> > 6 users. You have no rights over his computer, or mine, but you
> > have rights over yours, and we do not have any right to be given
> > your pages just because we want them.
>
> So please point me to a web page or pdf file that tells me what html
> source code I need to add to my web pages to keep IS 6 from viewing
> it. I'm sure I'm not the only person interested in adding it.

Hang on a moment! The code hasn't been written yet! There are a few ways
to go about it. Two that come to mind are...

*A piece of Javascript (ugh) that detects the offensive Windows browser
and causes the browser to instead load some other page that has a "go
away, your browser sucks" message on it.

* A plugin for the web server that detects the offensive Windows browser
and instead sends an appropriate error message ("go away, your browser
sucks"). This could be extended to send a special JPEG, GIF, DCR, SWF,
or PDF file whenever the offensive Windows browser made the request.

> I do however want something that works, unlike the code little nattie
> added that was supposed to keep Mac users from viewing some of his
> web pages.

Well, don't we all? :-)

From: Woofbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:59:11 GMT

In article <9gm0ur$jc4$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Ayende Rahien"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Tim Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
> > So please point me to a web page or pdf file that tells me what
> > html source code I need to add to my web pages to keep IS 6 from
> > viewing it. I'm sure I'm not the only person interested in adding
> > it.
> >
> > I do however want something that works, unlike the code little
> > nattie added that was supposed to keep Mac users from viewing some
> > of his web pages.
>
> You can't do that. If you are using java-script, then I can get in by
> disabling it, if you are using server-side authentication, then I can
> get around it by using some other downloader, which doesn't proclaim
> itself as IE6.

Oh, that's Terrible!

Millions of XP users are going to specially download Netscape so that
they can first download your web page and save it to disk, and then go
and open it at it locally from within the XP browser just so they can
see the SmartTags!  }: )

From: "Bracy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: New BSD Advocacy site!
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:47:13 GMT

In article <9glndc$rfl$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I am terribly sorry, I was convinced by the tone of your original post
> that you had something of a brain in your head, and that when you made
> that erronious comment about GPL and FreeBSD, it was surely due to lack
> of experience, and not mental retardation.
>
> I stand corrected.

And I stand corrected too.  I thought that since you are participating in
a newsgroup, that you had the ability to READ.  Evidently, you cannot
read, perhaps you're having your big brother read it to you?  Whatever
the case, it's plainly obvious that you have absolutely no idea -- not
even the foggiest HINT of what the GPL and BSDL say, or you would
show some kind of proof to support your argument.  The very fact that
you cannot proves beyond a doubt you are completely ignorant of the
topic being discussed.  And yet, you so arrogantly and pompously claim
to possess such knowledge, and even go so far as to personally insult
anyone who dares to disagree with you, as if your opinions alone are
significant, and all others deserve scorn and ridicule.

Here, let me educate you:

The BSD License:

"Copyright (c) <YEAR>, <OWNER>

"Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
met:

    "* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

    "* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

    "* Neither the name of the <ORGANIZATION> nor the names of its
contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
software without specific prior written permission.

"THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS
AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL
THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF
USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE
USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
SUCH DAMAGE."

Okay, so show me, "O Enlightened One" exactly WHERE in this license there
exists ONE WORD preventing Microsoft from stealing anything it wants from
BSD??  You cannot, because it doesn't exist, you pompous bastard.

For you to state that you actually KNOW something about this subject is
just plain DISHONESTY on your part.  You claim to be knowledgable about a
subject which you obviously are not.

Bracy