To me it seems like you do not have to have an application aware of
pitches (unless you feel uncomfortable using conventional notation for
custom-assigned pitches -- i.e. c is c, c# is a bit flat, d is more like
c# etc. so you'd need 2 conventional octaves for one 24-pitch microtonal
octave). Many contemporary composers do this -- alter existing notation
so that it can serve their purpose. Assuming from your e-mail is that
you may be comfortable with modern notation, so I'd suggest simply using
external midi module where you'd edit the sound patches to have this
kind of detuning, or even better a sampler of some sorts. Then, you'd
simply pass a conventional midi file to hear gamelan-like tunings that
are produced by the external midi module (or any other tunings for that
matter).

That being said, I do agree with you that this would be a neat feature
within a sequencer without continuously employing fixed pitch-bend wheel
values.

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer, multimedia sculptor,
programmer, webmaster & computer consultant
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"To be is to do"   - Socrates
"To do is to be"   - Sartre