On Jan 4, 2014, at 2:21 PM, Hendrik Friedel <hend...@friedels.name> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>

> >> I ran btrfsck on my volume with the repair option. When I re-run it, >>I
> >> get the same errors as before.
>>
>> Did you try mounting with -o recovery first?
>> https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Problem_FAQ
>
> No, I did not.
> In fact, I had visited the FAQ before, and my understanding was, that -o
> recovery was used/needed when mounting is impossible. This is not the case.
> In fact, the disk does work without obvious problems.

It mounts without errors? So why then btrfsck/btrfs repair? What precipitated
the repair?

If mount option -o recovery is used, dmesg should report 'btrfs: enabling auto
recovery' and I think you're right if it's mounting OK then probably recovery
isn't applicable. Can you just do a btrfs check <dev> and report the results?
Repair can sometimes make problems worse it seems.

Chris Murphy