I see no obvious hardware source for the problem, SATA Phy Event Counters are
zeros except a few COMRESET events which is pretty minor. No ICRC or UDMA-CRC
errors recorded. No reallocated or pending bad sectors.

I'd look at your historical system logs, messages or journalctl, and do case
insensitive search for: err, unc, reset and see if anything along those lines
has been reported that might explain it.

If you decide to backup, reformat, restore, then first I suggest

btrfs-image -c 9-t 4 /dev/sdX /mnt/<pathtoanothervolume+filename>

You can keep it handy in case a dev asks for it or you can attach it to a
kernel.org bug report.

Chris Murphy--