On 2014-07-03 9:19 PM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
I upgraded my server from 3.14 to 3.15.1 last week, and since then it's been
running out of memory and deadlocking (panic= doesn't even work).
I downgraded back to 3.14, but I already had the problem once since then.

I didn't see any mention of the btrfs utility version in this thread (I may be blind though).

My server was suffering from frequent panics upon scrub / defrag / balance, until I updated the btrfs utility. That resolved all my issues.

My server has two filesystems of ~25 TiB, and 4 GB of RAM (15% used). A hardware upgrade is imminent, just waiting for the backup to complete.

~~
Andrew E. Mileski