>    It's just freed up lots of space. You'll probably find that your
> "total" value for data in btrfs fi df is close to (but not exactly) 66
> GiB now, if you've just run a full unfiltered balance. (The difference
> being made up of metadata).

I think i need to dive more into the details of btrfs to finally grasp
the details here

>    There's a repo of "useful btrfs scripts" that David Sterba looks
> after.

Great pointer!
I think you refer to https://github.com/kdave/btrfsmaintenance and it
indeed looks very promising.

>> Should I pick "btrfs show" in favor to "btrfs fi df" to learn about an
>> impending "disk full" situation?
>    In the general case, you need both of them to make sense of it.

Duh.... I'll better... ehh... try to find some backported btrfs-profs
supporting `usage`.

>> Will newer kernels do the balance on their own?
>    I think it's on the "projects" list on the wiki [..]  aware of anyone
> working on it.

Ok - which is another +1 for looking at David 's repo.

Thanks!
- Ben