On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 09:37:03PM -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 8:02 PM, Kenny MacDermid
> <kenny.macder...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > rw,noatime,compress=lzo,ssd,discard,space_cache,autodefrag,inode_cache
>
> It sounds like an ssd trim bug. I'd check the firmware for updates. If
> it's up to date, I'd drop discard mount option first and try to
> reproduce. Or just use the default mount options and try to reproduce,
> then add them back one at a time until you discover the culprit.

Thanks Chris,

The disk is a SAMSUNG MZMTE512HMHP-000L1 running f/w: EXT42L0Q. I didn't
find any updates in my searches.

I did drop the discard option, and the inode_cache and space_cache ones
as well. I'm not sure I originally got them from.

Even if it's a disk firmware bug, doesn't it seem like some layer should
report something about it? Is there any extra logging I should enable in
case it happens again?

As I don't have a way to reliable reproduce the error, I'll have to wait
and see if this helps.