>> The smallest disk of the 122 is 500GB. Is it possible to have btrfs
>> see each disk as only e.g. 10GB? That way I can corrupt and resilver
>> more disks over a month.
>
> Well, at least you can easily partition the devices for that to happen.

Can it be done with btrfs or should I do it with gdisk?

> However, I would also suggest that would it be more useful use of the
> resource to run many arrays in parallel? Ie. one 6-device raid6, one
> 20-device raid6, and then perhaps use the rest of the devices for a very
> large btrfs filesystem? Or if you have been using partitioning the large
> btrfs volume can also be composed of all the 122 devices; in fact you
> could even run multiple 122-device raid6s and use different kind of
> testing on each. For performance testing you might only excert one of
> the file systems at a time, though.

Very interesting idea, which leads me to the following question:

For the past weeks have I had all 122 disks in one raid6 filesystem,
and since I didn't entered any vdev (zfs term) size, I suspect only 2
of the 122 disks are parity.

If, how can I make the filesystem, so for every 6 disks, 2 of them are parity?

Reading the mkfs.btrfs man page gives me the impression that it can't
be done, which I find hard to believe.