On 2016-08-15 09:38, Martin wrote:
Looking at the kernel log itself, you've got a ton of write errors on
/dev/sdap.  I would suggest checking that particular disk with smartctl, and
possibly checking the other hardware involved (the storage controller and
cabling).

I would kind of expect BTRFS to crash with that many write errors regardless
of what profile is being used, but we really should get better about
reporting errors to user space in a sane way (making people dig through
kernel logs to figure out their having issues like this is not particularly
user friendly).

Interesting!

Why does it speak of "device sdq" and /dev/sdap ?

[337411.703937] BTRFS error (device sdq): bdev /dev/sdap errs: wr
36973, rd 0, flush 1, corrupt 0, gen 0
[337411.704658] BTRFS warning (device sdq): lost page write due to IO
error on /dev/sdap

/dev/sdap doesn't exist.

I'm not quite certain, something in the kernel might have been confused, but it's hard to be sure.