Yep, and thank you to Suse, Fujitsu, and all the contributors.

I suppose we can all be charitable when reading this from the Red Hat
Whitepaper at:

https://www.redhat.com/whitepapers/rha/gfs/GFS_INS0032US.pdf:

<<
 Red Hat GFS is the world’s leading cluster file system for Linux.

If that is GFS2, it is a different use case than Gluster
(https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/storage).  So perhaps
marketing might tweak that a little bit, maybe:

<<
 Red Hat GFS is the world’s leading cluster file system for Linux for
Oracle RAC Database Clustering.

But you can see how Oracle might quibble with that.  So Red Hat goes
as far as it can in the Whitepaper:

<<
 Red Hat GFS simplifies the installation, configuration, and on-going
maintenance of the SAN infrastructure necessary for Oracle RAC
clustering. Oracle tables, log files, program files, and archive
information can all be stored in GFS files, avoiding the complexity
and difficulties of managing raw storage devices on a SAN while
achieving excellent performance.

Which avoids a comparison between, say, an Oracle Sparc server
(probably made by Fujitsu) hosting Oracle Rack Clusters on Solaris.
Given the price of Oracle's sparc servers, Red Hat may be as good as
an Oracle RAC DB server can get for a price less than the annual
budget of a small country.

Well, great news, Austin and Chris, that clears it up for me, and now
I know of yet another use case for btrfs as the dmu for Gluster.  So,
again, I'm not too worried about Red Hat deprecating btrfs, given the
number of supporters and developers.  If Oracle or Suse drops out,
then I would worry.

Gordon