On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Tom Pilsch spewed into the bitstream:

<snipped some very good points which merit thought>

> Bottom Line:  We need to ask ourselves why we are taking this journey.  Are
> we trying to establish a noncommercial standard to enhance the acceptable
> of Linux as a mainstream operating system and thereby have a major positive
> impact on our industry, or are we trying to establish a revenue stream?

The former, obviously, but it appears at this point that we cannot sustain the
the one without the other. Unless someone can see a way to do it that we haven't
yet thought of, and that may well be the best result to this discussion.