In our discussion about consensus point VIII (no jargon and acronyms) it
became apparent we cannot avoid them completely, so we should define what
jargon and acronyms we deem to be so common that we assume the candidate
knows about them.

  Are there some people here who would like to take these tasks:

1) looking for on-line dictionaries on PC's, Unix, Linux, Internet
I gave a few in another posting, but they are not very up-to date:

        http://www.reading.ac.uk/~suqstmbl/jargon/home.html
        http://www.newbie.net/acronyms/acronyms.html

2) If necessary, based on the above, make a (brief) dictionary of jargon
and acronyms a candidate should know.  Those might be used in the exams.

--

        Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
                NL-1062 KD nr 149       tel.    31-204080204
                        Amsterdam       e-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]