On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, A.R. (Tom) Peters spewed into the bitstream:

>   In our discussion about consensus point VIII (no jargon and acronyms) it
> became apparent we cannot avoid them completely, so we should define what
> jargon and acronyms we deem to be so common that we assume the candidate
> knows about them.
>
>   Are there some people here who would like to take these tasks:
>
> 1) looking for on-line dictionaries on PC's, Unix, Linux, Internet
> I gave a few in another posting, but they are not very up-to date:
>
>       http://www.reading.ac.uk/~suqstmbl/jargon/home.html
>       http://www.newbie.net/acronyms/acronyms.html

Don't forget Free On-Line Dictionary Of Computing (FOLDOC)
http://www.instantweb.com/~foldoc/contents.html
http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/index.html

-mirror list-

http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/mirrors.html

Cheers!
--
Chuck Mead, CTO - Moongroup Consulting, Inc.- http://www.moongroup.com/
Send "s-u-b-s-c-r-i-b-e" (no quotes and no hyphens) in the subject line to