On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Forrest Tiffany wrote:

> I think we should develop the exams to correspond to a particular
> kernel level, and let the market determine when a person needs to
> be recertified.

The kernel is just one, admitedtly important, package on a Linux system.
For our first level certificate, there are only a few objectives in the
kernel area. Many more test questions will fall into areas such as
GNU/Unix commands and Administrative tasks. Do updates in the kernel
really cause many changes in the way general GNU/Unix commands or
administrative tools work?

I'm not convinced that the particular version of the kernel in use makes
that big of a difference for most of the content of our exams.

-Scott Murray