[ personal & list mail ]

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Paul B. Brown wrote:

> There is another choice.  If we can get certification to happen though a
> non-profit organization that simply keeps the class content and tesing
> materials up-to-date, then they could hand out the class material for a
> nominal fee and only the test would cost.  This way companies could
> certify their people for almost no money and sent them to test for
> certification or re-certification.

  This is exactly what we, the Linux Professional Institute (soon to be
incorporated as a non-profit) are doing:
  we only develop exams for certification, based on test objectives that
have been open to input from any interested party and are freely available
at http://www.lpi.org/poms.py
  We don't require anyone to buy a course before taking the exams and
obtaining certification.

--

        Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
                NL-1062 KD nr 149       tel.    31-204080204
                        Amsterdam       e-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]