Adi Linden wrote:

> I guess the philosophy behind this particular setup is a system that boots
> into a ramdisk but doesn't have to gracefully shutdown. So there's only
> one runlevel, runlevel 3. The scripts I create to start services only care
> about starting the service. To be able to drop Redhat files from
> /etc/rc.d/init.d into my etc/rcS.d all the scripts are called with start
> as argument. There is nothing (yet) to stop services upon shutdown.

Hi Adi,

Your work sounds good so far! Because I'm working on the same thing
(embedding RH6) I've just one question. If you don't have to shutdown
gracefully and you just use one runlevel, why use the sysVinit system?
You could just replace init with a script that does all the
initilization for you and you could get rid of the rc.d directory,
inittab etc.

Greetings Arnaud