On 10/10/07, Lars Marowsky-Bree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2007-10-09T16:26:11, Alan Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hi Alan,
>
> thanks for providing this release plan. I like the schedule, and I hope
> that going forward, the release plan can be condensed down a bit to a
> few more clear rules ;-)
>
> I'd offer the following feedback:
>
> First, who will make up the test team?

+1

good communication is going to be tough if we don't know who to
communicate with.
it also makes it difficult to comment on the proposal without any idea
as to its size, composition or proposed test plans

> > Key aspects of this procedure
> >
> >     * Good communication
> >     * Testing will be done using CTS, and a test plan of manual tests, and
> > ad hoc testing by the community

[snip]

> > Developer Responsibilities
> >
> >     * Communicate status, progress, and problems with other stakeholders
> > using the linux-ha-dev email mailing list, and when appropriate, private
> > emails, conference calls, and other phone calls.
> >     * provide timely bug fixes for bugs assigned to you to the 'dev'
> > workspace

uh-huh... and have you looked at your bugzilla queue lately Alan?

> >     * avoid committing major restructuring and similar high-impact things
> > to 'dev' during the entire testing interval.
>
> OK, this means the test interval shouldn't be too long.
>
> >     * Build RPMs using make rpm and run BasicSanityCheck before pushing any
> > fixes to 'dev' during test interval
> >     * Run CTS tests during test intervals as specified
> >     * Run manual tests ??? from test plan and/or ad hoc
> >     * File bug reports for discovered bugs ???

I hope you don't mean for one's own bugs
I'd not see the point of the increased overhead if that were the case

> > making sure bugs get
> > assigned appropriately
> >     * When creating bug fixes during testing period, email the -dev list
> > asking for your fix(es) to be incorporated.

I don't see the point of this... is this not implicit when pushing a
change into dev?