On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic <deja...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>> > Great! Unfortunately, we can't replace the old db2 now, the
>> > number of changes is very large:
>> >
>> >  db2 | 1076
>> > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------------
>> >  1 file changed, 687 insertions(+), 389 deletions(-)
>> >
>> > And the code is completely new (though I have no doubt that it is
>> > of excellent quality). So, I'd suggest to add this as another db2
>> > RA. Once it gets some field testing we can mark the old one as
>> > deprecated. What name would you suggest? db2db2?
>>
>> Just making sure: Is that a joke?
>
> A bit of a joke, yes. But the alternatives such as db22 or db2new
> looked a bit boring.

I think boring is the least of our problems with those names.
Are you going to change the name of every agent that gets a rewrite?

   IPaddr2-ng-ng-again-and-one-more-plus-one

Solicit feedback, like was done for kliend's new agent, and replace
the existing one it if/when people respond positively.
Its not like the old one disappears from the face of the earth after
you merge the new one.

   wget -o /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat/db2
http://hg.linux-ha.org/agents/file/agents-1.0.3/heartbeat/db2