--- Serge Dewailly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think easier and more safe using the cibadmin
> tool.
> I prepare separate file for resources, constraints
> and crm_config, and
> then import them into cib using :
>    cibadmin -o resources -C -x resource_file.xml
>       replace -C by -R to replace, -D to delete
>
> The advantage, in my opinion, is you can see the
> changes / effect in the  log in real time (tail -f)
> Also, the dtd strucure is verified before inserting
> in the cib, which  prevents disaster on the whole
> node...

Which is what the CIB library that I created helps you
write simple template style CIB scripts for:

http://www.theficks.name/Hacks/Heartbeat-ResourceCIBS

Essentially you can abstract the XML for a particular
resource type into a small script and then use that
script to create various CIB entries using that
resource type (say two resources of the same type, but
with different names) along with easily adding some
simple constraints to these resources.  If you are
interested, I would be willing to help you write a
simple resource CIB script of your type for you.

The CIB lib is a work in progress, I will be adding
some new features to them soon:  the ability to tweak
constraints more easily, and I just added but have not
released the ability to use the CIB script to
start/stop/monitor your resource(s) directly
(manually) without going through heartbeat!  This last
feature is very useful for debugging your resources
and resource groups just to make sure they operate
without having to actually try them in a fail over
scenario.  This manual operation allows you to take
heartbeat out of the equation to verify if your setup
works properly.  I will try to release that
enhancement tonight, I already use it, I just need to
formally release it.

These may be making it into the heartbeat project
soon,   so any feedback that you have about them will
be greatly appreciated (including if it is unclear
how/what they do).

Thanks,

-Martin