On 05/11/2011 10:24 AM, Alain.Moulle wrote:
> Hi Dominik,
> I just have tried again :
> "service corosync stop" on both nodes node1 & node2
> remove the cib.xml on node2
> vi cib.xml on node1
>     set the property maintenance-mode=true
>     (<nvpair id="cib-bootstrap-options-maintenance-mode"
> name="maintenance-mode" value="true"/>)
> wq!
> start Pacemaker on node1 and on node2
> On node1 : both nodes remain UNCLEAN(offline) at vitam eternam
> On node2 : crm_mon : Attempting connection to the cluster..... at vitam
> eternam
> Moreover , the added line for maintenance-mode=true has been removed by
> Pacemaker/corosync in the cib.xml
>
> I tried long time ago to do vi and change some values in the cib.xml,
> and each time
> I did that, Pacemaker never start correctly again and I had to
> reconfigure all the
> things from scratch so that it start again...

I have to admit I only did this back in heartbeat times and so it seems
something changed regarding this.

So ... Just had a look at a cluster of mine and there are backup copies
and .sig files for each cib.xml version.

I don't know what pacemaker will do if you just

a) removed the history and .sig file, so only cib.xml is in place
or
b) replaced the (apparently md5) checksum in .sig

Worth a shot I think.
Dominik