>>> Dan Frincu <df.clus...@gmail.com> schrieb am 03.08.2011 um 13:28 in
Nachricht
<CADQRkwiFCEUnq-i9Dtv6AbjQz4Z_e792=3is81zv1eqdrnj...@mail.gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 2:22 PM,  <alain.mou...@bull.net> wrote:
> > Hi & Thanks
> >
> > I don't think the 1000 or 5000 value makes any difference,
>
> The values make little difference, it's about having a higher score atm.

Hi!

Isn't the stickyness effectively based on the failcount? We have one resource
that has a location constraint for one node with a weight of 500000 and a
sticky ness of 100000. The resource runs on a different node and shows no
tendency of moving back (not even after restarts).

Somehow the implementation of stickyness is not what one might expect. I'd
expect stickyness to be related to RUNNING resources. I see little sense in
keeping a resource on a node after restarting.

Why? Usually you want stickyness to prevent unexpected downtimes or negative
side effects caused by migration (e.g. all users loosing their connections).
But as a restart will have these side-effects anyway, I see little sense with
the current implementation.

Regards,
Ulrich