On 2013-03-13T20:13:30, "GGS (linux ha)" <support-linu...@ggsys.net> wrote:

> Their configuration, resources, etc. are
> not intermingled, so we prefer not to
> configure them in a single setup. For
> simplicity we are using the R1 built
> into heartbeat and not CRM.

What you want to do is very simple to do with a pacemaker based cluster
and very difficult to get right with multiple instances of heartbeat
(among other things: fencing, getting multiple instances to run in the
first place, etc).

> I don't mind the administrative overhead of
> putting a whole ha tree an compile a copy
> for each of my stacks. If that's what it
> takes that's what I'll do.

So, to achieve simplicity, you're willing to pay a significant overhead
on complexity. That makes sense.

You see to want to shoot yourself in the foot. Why?

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA